Sammy who?

SJDK

A couple years ago I commented that Sammy Watkins would be injury prone and basically the same as Brandon LaFell ( Check my old comments). I was abused by this board received warnings from mods for defending myself and I stand here today to show just what has happened with these two players.

Since 2014: 

LaFell receptions: 224 yards: 2957 TD:18
Watkins: receptions: 184 yards: 2987 TD:23
*Includes this years stats so far 

i hope we we win Sunday and get some help to get in the playoffs. The last game I was at was the Jacksonville game in ‘99 with flutie taking in the bootleg. I just want to make a point that we need players who are good, available, and mesh with the team. Coach Mac has the right idea.

Just now, SJDK said:

My point was an ‘I told you so’ from before Sammy ever took a snap. Also, that we didn’t need him and I’m still a fan 

Your told you so is ringing hollow since he hasn't missed a game all season long and he's a key player on a division champion with the highest scoring offense in the league.  Keep chopping. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

So Watkins has more yards and more touchdowns on ~20% let receptions. What is your point again?

That he is basically exactly as productive as Brandon LaFell and the original point in March of 2014 was that he wasn’t worth that first round pick

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Your told you so is ringing hollow since he hasn't missed a game all season long and he's a key player on a division champion with the highest scoring offense in the league.  Keep chopping. 

Or least as 'key' as the 4th leading receiver on the team can be.

• Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He’s missed games this year. You should also check this years stats. 

9 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

40 fewer catches but more yards and TDs sure does point to Sammy being a different type of player. 

That is true but the other part of my comment was about how injury prone he is. If your best ability is your availability then where does this put Sammy?

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's missed no games this season.  You should stop now. 

I stand corrected, I thought he missed Seattle because he was completely erased. And the 3 other games where he caught one pass were forgetable. 

• Haha (+1) 2