Bills' Fan Creates GoFundMe Page to Have Tolbert Cut

26CornerBlitz

9 hours ago, Manther said:

I try to trust the process.  I like most of what has happened with our FO.  But, Tolbert/Williams concerns me regarding the front office.  

My slight concern is does our our front office have too big an ego.  Hopefully not.  Time will tell.

Go Bills!

It definitely is concerning.  Everyone and their mother could see that Tolbert was not getting the job done.  Thus, you have to believe that the coaches can see that too.  Halfway through the season, they did bench the guy for Cadet.  Why did it take that long to realize that your player isn't suited for the role you are giving him?  

8 hours ago, Sweats said:

The funny thing is how McD actually evaluated Tubby to even be on this roster.

Actually, i don't know if this is funny or sad.

I have no issues with Tolbert being on the roster.  They needed someone to help everyone buy in to what McD was selling, and Tolbert was that guy.  That is fine.  My issue with them was their attempt to fit a square peg into a round hole.  Tolbert had never showed that he could be a consistent 2nd option even when he was younger.  What makes them think that all of a sudden that is going to change?  The guy has been a battering ram type player in the past, make use of what he can do well

Edited by berg1029

I’m surprised that nobody’s really talking about Tolbert’s reaction. Surprised that someone who is supposed to be a leader decided to feed the trolls. Sure I understand sticking up for yourself but his reply had a little bit of Sammy’s “your all’s little jobs” tone to it. Anyways, he completely sucks and I’ll be very glad when he’s not on the roster. His use really is mind boggling. 

18 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

There are a lot of Jonathan Williams's and Mike Gillislee's in the world. 

I wasn't missing either one of them once we had Cadet carrying the ball. Serviceable backup RBs are not hard to come by. It's the studs that are a bit harder to find. But unlike QB, the drop from starting RB to backup RB is not that severe. 

Its true it’s not a rare skill set. I’d venture cadet is 3rd in that group and it took us half a season to even get that though. That it’s not a challenge to find a decent RB2 and that we were built to be a running team makes it all the more disappointing that we rolled into the season with the depth chart we did

• Like (+1) 1

Between this and people cheering for Tyrod's last game, you have to wonder if they even have the will to make the playoffs this last game. DB move fans. I want us to move on from Tyrod as much as the rest of you, but right now he gives us the best chance to break this god damn streak. So show some damn pride and energize our players not drain them with stupid petitions to have them cut.

Edited by What a Tuel

24 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Between this and people cheering for Tyrod's last game, you have to wonder if they even have the will to make the playoffs this last game. DB move fans. I want us to move on from Tyrod as much as the rest of you, but right now he gives us the best chance to break this god damn streak. So show some damn pride and energize our players not drain them with stupid petitions to have them cut.

If tvey come out flat because of this they don’t deserve to be in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

If tvey come out flat because of this they don’t deserve to be in the playoffs.

Well that's easy to say. Reality is nonsense like this affects the team. We saw it a few years back when the Bills players started bickering with fans. It can get to them, and maybe they are soft for letting it get to them, but the reality is that they shouldn't have to combat this type of nonsense from fans. Especially with a crucial game coming up. Tolbert doesn't call the plays.

He might be a respected veteran and good leader in the locker room, but the guy is not an NFL caliber RB2. His usage this year has been ludicrous. I can't recall a Bills player that was so ineffective on the field being given this many opportunities before. 

With Cadet hurt if Shady needs a breather I'd rather see Joe Webb run the ball than Tolbert.  

22 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Well that's easy to say. Reality is nonsense like this affects the team. We saw it a few years back when the Bills players started bickering with fans. It can get to them, and maybe they are soft for letting it get to them, but the reality is that they shouldn't have to combat this type of nonsense from fans. Especially with a crucial game coming up. Tolbert doesn't call the plays.

Go start a few for the dolphins then! 

Seriously though, i get they are human and all but if they run out of that tunnel less than 100% because a few fans hurt their feelings- yea, they aren’t leaders. Tolbert was kept on for leadership over skill and if he causes a distraction in the biggest game in a decade... well... it would only compound what a failure the move was.

16 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

He might be a respected veteran and good leader in the locker room, but the guy is not an NFL caliber RB2. His usage this year has been ludicrous. I can't recall a Bills player that was so ineffective on the field being given this many opportunities before. 

With Cadet hurt if Shady needs a breather I'd rather see Joe Webb run the ball than Tolbert.  

The "A" Train comes to mind on that one.

With Freddy inactive or on the bench.

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

And from Tolbert and Tolbert's friends and family's perspective? Still funny? 

We can be better than that.

If its me and Ive accomplished something amazing like Tolbert has just staying in the league as long as he has and Ive made more money than most fans will in their lifetime I could frankly care less about some nobody who started a gofundme account calling for me to get cut. Who cares what that guy thinks. Im laughing all the way to the bank. Im pretty sure hes made more in his lifetime than I ever will. Forgive me if I didnt cry myself to sleep last night over poor Mike Tolbert. I know somebody whose son just had his cancer go into remission. Hes 4 years old. Ill worry about him.