A few thoughts about the Patriots game

Virgil

6 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

2. A good offense always needs some disguise at times- anyone else notice our RG rock back everytime we passed? You sure now the cheats saw it if I did.

That's what those in the biz call a silent snap count. Handy for those shotgun formations on the road when the QB might not be heard over crowd noise.

It gets varied up from time to time, as you maybe did not notice. The RG taps the center and gets back into his stance, but they don't immediately snap it every time. 

Almost my birthday.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think it's obvious that the Pats are a better team with a better QB.  Expecting to beat them with our QB is similar to believing that Santa is real.  If we have a competent QB next year, we could be real Bills, not counterfeit Bills.  A competent QB will take advantage of Clay and Benjamin.  He would make everyone better.  I wished we would have stayed with NT 4 weeks ago to see what he could do, but we stayed with TT and we'll miss the playoffs and our draft position will prevent us from getting an NFL ready QB.  Our structure has the potential to keep us in a rut.  The coach makes decisions to appease the locker room, when management should have told him to go with the guy who can throw receivers open, not the guy who takes sacks and bounces balls to receivers.  While many thought that the previous regime was dysfunctional, giving all the authority to this coach could result in a process that keeps us at 9 and 7 and worst.  We need some checks and balances.  Giving this coach last and final say will be an equation for failure.  Go Bills!!!   

8 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Bills were screwed on that overturned TD. 

The thing i noticed os the Bills O vanished in the second half. The Bills D was just exhausted come the fourth quarter.

Isn't that patently true? I thought Jesse James had a drop last week (and Bills fans went unfairly ballistic). But this, I can't see how not a catch. Huge ramifications. I'm at loss to find a rule where this standso on field

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

I think it's obvious that the Pats are a better team with a better QB.  Expecting to beat them with our QB is similar to believing that Santa is real.  If we have a competent QB next year, we could be real Bills, not counterfeit Bills.  A competent QB will take advantage of Clay and Benjamin.  He would make everyone better.  I wished we would have stayed with NT 4 weeks ago to see what he could do, but we stayed with TT and we'll miss the playoffs and our draft position will prevent us from getting an NFL ready QB.  Our structure has the potential to keep us in a rut.  The coach makes decisions to appease the locker room, when management should have told him to go with the guy who can throw receivers open, not the guy who takes sacks and bounces balls to receivers.  While many thought that the previous regime was dysfunctional, giving all the authority to this coach could result in a process that keeps us at 9 and 7 and worst.  We need some checks and balances.  Giving this coach last and final say will be an equation for failure.  Go Bills!!!   

We got spooked with those 5 ints. But in reality Peterman as a rookie is better than the Raven reject. I never want to see #5 again on the field.

8 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ahh name calling.. that so beneath you! And please, your team had plenty of chances. Then vanished in the second half. The ONLY call in the second half that hurt the Bills was the PI which was obvious PI.

You and your fans don't understand football and reality.

8 hours ago, Ga boy said:

The NFL is a QB driven league, until OBD learns this they will be on the outside looking in. The one position they avoid all the time is the reason we have the longest playoffless streak in all of sports. When the Bills start addressing this problem it will be the start of fixing it. You have to admit the problem to fix the problem. OBD needs to go to some AA meetings. Or would it be called QBA (quarterbacks anonymous). Just like a alcoholic would you need to get rid of the alcohol causing the problem, aka other teams backup QBs. Good teams draft QBs regularly, then trade or keep when the contract is close to done. Wash/repeat.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, rochester rob said:

And that is where he belongs. In the locker room :)

I hope he isnt even in the locker room next season.

Makes me laugh when some fans think he is so good as a locker room guy or a leader when all you have to do is look at what he did yesterday. Sat on the bench with a towel on his head. He did not work when on the sideline he sat and sulked. Big playoff game and nothing. SMH

Edited by xRUSHx

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

Makes me laugh when some fans think he is so good as a locker room guy or a leader when all you have to do is look at what he did yesterday. Sat on the bench with a towel on his head. He did not work when on the sideline he sat and sulked.

Personally I don't believe he is worth anything. But if we have to take him I would rather he stay in the locker room. Unfortunate but he is after all the coach's guy.

I think all the talk about the refs giving the game to the Pats is a distraction from the real issue.

The real issue, to me, is the fact that after 17 seasons of "rebuilding", the Pats are consistently a much better team than we are.

And how can that be.................?

How can it be that the Pats can put together a better team than ours, year after year after year, with worse draft position ?

How can the Pats get better production from players that aren't better, or more gifted athletes than ours?

For example,

How is it that Dion Lewis can gash our Defense for 129 yards rushing, when Shady can only manage 71 yards?

The Pats OLine is opening gaping holes for Dion to run through our DLine.

Our Oline has been dreadful for years. Our Dline has been our strength, but not lately. Our LB's are old and slow.

Posters on this message board complain that we haven't got quality receivers, and that's why our offense is terrible.

Well who is Tom Brady throwing to? Danny Amendola, Brandin Cooks, Kenny Britt, Dwayne Allen, and Philip Dorsett.

Not exactly big name receivers, but they seem to get the job done.

The problem at OBD for many years has been the inability to draft quality personnel and fit them into a system that wins.

I'm not sure if the right people are in the right spots now, but I believe we need to continue to clean house until the losing stops.

If Belichick took this program over next year, we'd be talking about playing in the Super Bowl in 2 years, not whether we were

going to get the last remaining Wild Card slot.

I'm sick of losing, and I want a decent draft next year, whatever that means.

Go Bills !

23 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

I scratch my head on 3 different things from this game:

The refs absolutely screwing us out a TD.

McDermott going for it on 4th and 1 in sure fire FG territory and not going for it later in the game down by 7 and instead opting for a 50 yard FG.

Any time we EVER choose to hand the ball off to Tolbert.

the refs did not screw us. The goon in NYC, Riveron, did.....

On 12/25/2017 at 8:13 AM, xRUSHx said:

The NFL is a QB driven league, until OBD learns this they will be on the outside looking in. The one position they avoid all the time is the reason we have the longest playoffless streak in all of sports. When the Bills start addressing this problem it will be the start of fixing it. You have to admit the problem to fix the problem. OBD needs to go to some AA meetings. Or would it be called QBA (quarterbacks anonymous). Just like a alcoholic would you need to get rid of the alcohol causing the problem, aka other teams backup QBs. Good teams draft QBs regularly, then trade or keep when the contract is close to done. Wash/repeat.

RushX, please apply at OBD.    B-)

On 12/25/2017 at 1:05 AM, LABILLBACKER said:

We got spooked with those 5 ints. But in reality Peterman as a rookie is better than the Raven reject. I never want to see #5 again on the field.

Please apply at OBD.  We need a VP or GM that can over rule the hands-clapping coach.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/25/2017 at 1:28 AM, Manther said:

You and your fans don't understand football and reality.

I don't understand football. Sigh just because I don't see things one way doesn't mean I am wrong. I agreed the TD should have stood, but that PI was so damn obvious a caveman could have called it on the Bills. It was textbook.. he never looked back for the ball and he ran into the WR  before the ball got there. It was textbook! A pop warner ref calls that it was so

onvious! Now if your talking about the first half PI That was much closer but still technically a PI but one not usually called.