Pretty interesting comment from buffalobills.com

PIZ

I though JP was a pretty smart kid...he graduated high school early and even majored in "Classics" which means you have to take two years of Latin or Greece no matter what college you go to in the United States.  Its not like he majored in "Business" or "Physical Science" or something broad like that.

This really doesnt have a point...just think that Losman's a little brighter than people think.

266849[/snapback]

JP in this instance is "Jason Peters"

I though JP was a pretty smart kid...he graduated high school early and even majored in "Classics" which means you have to take two years of Latin or Greece no matter what college you go to in the United States.  Its not like he majored in "Business" or "Physical Science" or something broad like that.

This really doesnt have a point...just think that Losman's a little brighter than people think.

The "JP" I meant above was Jason Peters.

However now that you brought it up, it was interesting that people were thinking that "the other JP" was dumb because he got a 14 on his Wonderlic the first time (allegedly because he pulled a Forrest Gump, i.e. "he had to pee.") and that his 31 the 2nd time was from studying other Wonderlics.

IIRC, Peters was deeply disappointed at not being drafted. Last year several on this board had him as a solid 3rd round pick. We were all astounded by his ST play. And don't lose sight of the fact that NFL draftees, despite the competition they've experienced, are still very young adults.

I'm guessing he is motivated. And I think he might be a pretty fine 3rd-and-1 from the goal line rb, too. :D

Seems intriguing in the least, but can't see it happening.  It would be a huge risk.

I don't know if there is anyway to verify this.

buffalobills board

266667[/snapback]

LMAO

"Next mentioned that as right now the Left Tackle would be Jason Peters who he described as a "Phenom", and if he could not do the job, Teague would move out to LT."

In other words, we don't have a freakin clue what we're doing!

How about:

LT: Edwards

LG: Bannan

C: Teague

RG: Anderson

RT: Williams

Maybe Williams and Teague can help out by playing D too.

Yeah, I'd be all tickled pink inside with Peters starting at LT. I think Donahoe has gotten to McNally. Has Peters ever even played LT? Ever?

The Bills are turning into a living joke.

LMAO

"Next mentioned that as right now the Left Tackle would be Jason Peters who he described as a "Phenom", and if he could not do the job, Teague would move out to LT." 

In other words, we don't have a freakin clue what we're doing! 

How about: 

LT:  Edwards

LG: Bannan

C:  Teague 

RG:  Anderson 

RT:  Williams 

Maybe Williams and Teague can help out by playing D too. 

Yeah, I'd be all tickled pink inside with Peters starting at LT.  I think Donahoe has gotten to McNally.  Has Peters ever even played LT?  Ever? 

The Bills are turning into a living joke.

I trust McNally knows more than you or anyone here. You're entitled to your opinion, and everyone knows that opinions are like... <_<

I trust McNally knows more than you or anyone here.  You're entitled to your opinion, and everyone knows that opinions are like... <_<

267037[/snapback]

Oh yeah, the line had a great year last year against the Ravens, Steelers, and Pats. Boy, I'm sure excited to see what a TE that's never played LT can do in the NFL.

Losman should have all day in the pocket with him over there.

Maybe you're right. How 'bout McFarland at LG too? And heck, let's give Gandy a shot somewhere as well. The Bears offense really tore up the NFL last season. If only we could get their production.

Yes, I do know what they say about opinions.

Oh yeah, the line had a great year last year against the Ravens, Steelers, and Pats.  Boy, I'm sure excited to see what a TE that's never played LT can do in the NFL.

I'm curious to see what a former TE with his size, speed, and athleticism can do being tutored by a great OL coach like McNally. There are more than a few LT's who were previously TE's. And heck, maybe if they make Peters a tackle-eligible on every play,

if he whiffs on a block, he can just go out for a pass and save JP that way. <_<

Losman should have all day in the pocket with him over there. 

Maybe you're right.  How 'bout McFarland at LG too?  And heck, let's give Gandy a shot somewhere as well.  The Bears offense really tore up the NFL last season.  If only we could get their production.

Wherever McNally puts whatever player is fine with me. The Bills have the cap room to get OL players if they want. But ultimately, the proof will be in the pudding.

I trust McNally knows more than you or anyone here.  You're entitled to your opinion, and everyone knows that opinions are like... <_<

267037[/snapback]

I trust JMac ernough that I would guess that when makes public comments he is just as likely blowing smoke as he is giving the fanbase insights and the inside story on decision making.

When given a choice between being honest with customers like me or blowing smoke to start buzz which confuses the opposition, I say please lie to me. its far more important to not give the enemy our plans and even to fool them so we maximize our chance for Ws, than to be honest with me.

The first thing I want from JMac is for him to build a quality OL and teach winning football to players within and running the MM/Clements system.

Its a long distance to any thought on my part that he worry about anything else.

After he fulfills the requirement to teach good football, I hope he is saying things that keep the young men who are our athletes happy. He should not lie to them, because if he does reality will catch-up eventually and once you lose the trust of the team then we cease to be a TEAM. However, these young men are human and blowing a little smoke their way through over-effusive praise for MW or talking up Peters road to remaining a pro is to accept and master a blocking role is fine by me as a management tool.

Third, I doubt that enemy teams pay much attention to what an AC is saying in som gym to an audience of fans. However, if by lying about our plans to go with Peters as the starting LT, it generates a buzz in the media or on fan bulletin boards like TBD that we already have a starting LT, therefore if you are negotiating with us over Shelton you might not want to demand a lot for him. that lie would be more than fine with me.

Personally, I do not believe the Peters as LT buzz, because why on earth would I want to make an ineligible receiver out of this phenom who first attracted attention because of his blazing speed and incredibly soft hands. Particularly with the injuries to Euhus and Campbell, if I had such a phenom on my hands, using him as a TE rather than relegating him to the T role would be my first choice.

If one wants to argue for Peters as a T, you not only have to endorse him making this jump in positions, but you have to explain why you do not train him to do what he already has done well (catch the ball at TE) and why this is not a need for us.

Is he on the depth charts as a tackle? You bet. However, I think this to continually emphasize to this man who appears to be an enchilada short of a combination platter mentally that the key to him becoming our #1 TE is him learning and mastering the blocking game, because clearly he can catch and run with the ball.

I'm not sure whether the post at bb.com is made up or not, but I continue to be amazed at the Jason Peters phenomenom. Just because he was supposed to be drafted in the 3rd round and the Bills ended up signing him as a UDFA, doesn't mean he will be the greatest thing since sliced bread. I don't know what it is, but there is a reason why he went undrafted. Over the last year he has been proposed as a DT, a FB, an OT and who knows what other positions. He blocked one punt during the year. Great...but one play does not make a career.

If Jason Peters is our starting LT on opening day, I will start a fan club for him and forever admit that I was wrong.

The remark that really intrigues me relates to Bannon. This guy can really move, for his size, and could become a helacious blocker on sweeps. Yes, what he will do in the trenches is the big question.

I trust McNally and think his two projects are really worth watching, and should be given the benefit of a lot of doubts.

I trust JMac ernough that I would guess that when makes public comments he is just as likely blowing smoke as he is giving the fanbase insights and the inside story on decision making.

267071[/snapback]

FFS, I'd add that McNally making positive comments about team members in general and specifically mentioning a youngster like Peters is a decent thing to do in the first place - we sometimes lose sight of the fact that draftees are young adults thrust into a much different venue - and an avuncular boost is something very much appreciated and responded to by most young folks regardless of occupation.

FFS, I'd add that McNally making positive comments about team members in general and specifically mentioning a youngster like Peters is a decent thing to do in the first place - we sometimes lose sight of the fact that draftees are young adults thrust into a much different venue - and an avuncular boost is something very much appreciated and responded to by most young folks regardless of occupation.

267141[/snapback]

I had an avuncular boost once when I was thrust into a different venue. Let me tell you - it hurts.

i think this is pretty intriguing having Peters as LT. He has the size and athleticism to not get beat on the speed rush to the outside, and he is learning from one of the best line coaches in the biz.

By the way, anyone ever hear of Stephen Neal? He did not play football in college, but was the NCAA wrestling champ. He tried out for the Pats in '01 sat on their practice squad. In '02 got a few starts, the got put on IR. '03 PUP list/ IR again. Last year, he started most of the season, and was actually one of their best lineman..

So, i think Peters can make this transition if that guy made it to the NFL w/o playing college ball

Peters was basically a 3rd OT at Arkansas, anyway, so I don't think this is a major stretch. He's clearly got the strength and athleticism for it and he's got a fair amount of experience as a blocker. In addition, the Bills have a good OL coach and have had a year to evaluate his ability at the position and if they think he can do it, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Seems intriguing in the least, but can't see it happening.  It would be a huge risk.

I don't know if there is anyway to verify this.

buffalobills board

266667[/snapback]

In all honesty this comes as no surprise to me at all...I wrote the other day in a thread that I expected Peters was the Plan at LT, and I have not seen the Bills do a single thing to disprove that theory...

Early last Year on The Simoncast, I can't remember if it was Larry Felser or Jeff Morrison, but one of them said the Bills were REAL high on Peters as a LT. In fact, the comments were more like the Bills were enamoured with Peters as a LT Prospect..They said the only problem with Peters was that he was SO raw and inexperienced at LT. But they also stated at that time that the Bills would replace Jonas with Peters in 2005, and it looks like that's exactly what will happen... <_<