Pretty interesting comment from buffalobills.com

PIZ

Seems intriguing in the least, but can't see it happening. It would be a huge risk.

I don't know if there is anyway to verify this.

buffalobills board

I was at a clinic last night given by WNYFCA, and the guesst speaker was Jim MCNally.

He showed a lot of tape of the Bills, and made several interesting comments.

First said he does not understand why Mike Williams get all the bad press and criticism he does, he is an outstanding football player. He talked about Villirial as outstanding , said Teague was OK at C.

Next mentioned that as right now the Left Tackle would be Jason Peters who he described as a "Phenom", and if he could not do the job, Teague would move out to LT.

Also said Bannan will be moved to LG and have a chance to start.

So our line next year may look like this:

RT-Williams

RG-Villrail

C-Teague/Tucker

LG-Bannan

LT-Peters/Teague

I am sure if we sign another lineman that could change, but very interesting comments about Peters.It seems like they are giving him a chance to win LT job.

I think physically he has the tools to be really good, but needs to improve his football smarts and experience. I think the guy has too much upside though not to have him on the field. Tight end or third tackle?

I think he was being politically correct. If you look at the current roster, Peters is the only there. He can't give out any possible FA info, so what else is there to say?

Regarding Bannan, he's probably shooting straight.

I guess my question for him would have been "If Mike Williams is an 'outstanding' football player, why aren't you going to try him at left tackle?"

266714[/snapback]

I had the same line of thought..........so how many pro bowl's you been to Mike?

Isn't one of the main reasons why Peters did not get drafted the fact that he is dumb as a stump? I'd rather have a less physically talented intelligent player at LT than a more physically talented not-so-intelligent one.

I had the same line of thought..........so how many pro bowl's you been to Mike?

266755[/snapback]

That's an excellent gauge of how well a player has played. We all know the probowl isn't a popularity contest and no one ever gets there strictly on reputation alone. [/sarcasm] :D

Isn't one of the main reasons why Peters did not get drafted the fact that he is dumb as a stump? I'd rather have a less physically talented intelligent player at LT than a more physically talented not-so-intelligent one.

266767[/snapback]

Yeah. I get the feeling from his interviews that Orlando Pace is on the verge of a Rhodes Scholarship.

266767[/snapback]

You mean like John Fina?

Ole!

:D

What's so hard to believe here? Peters, as that BB.com thread says, was being played at tackle and only moved back to TE because of the injuries. If he's a "phenom" as McNally said (and I don't have any reason to believe that "poohbear" made it all up), I'm all for giving him a chance at LT. McNally is a better judge of talent than anyone here, or in most of the NFL, for that matter. And Bannan got some reps in last year as a LG, so that too isn't so far-fetched. If what was said is true, then the interest in Demulling is probably to play center, to replace the "OK" Teague. And presumably that would leave Shelton out in the cold.

What's so hard to believe here?  Peters, as that BB.com thread says, was being played at tackle and only moved back to TE because of the injuries.  If he's a "phenom" as McNally said (and I don't have any reason to believe that "poohbear" made it all up), I'm all for giving him a chance at LT.  McNally is a better judge of talent than anyone here, or in most of the NFL, for that matter.  And Bannan got some reps in last year as a LG, so that too isn't so far-fetched.  If what was said is true, then the interest in Demulling is probably to play center, to replace the "OK" Teague.  And presumably that would leave Shelton out in the cold.

266822[/snapback]

Physically he is a "phenom", but mentally he is a midget - which will get JP killed when he misses line audibles and blocking assignments.

Physically he is a "phenom", but mentally he is a midget - which will get JP killed when he misses line audibles and blocking assignments.

McNally has said in the past that he likes "smart" players. We know JP isn't book smart. However I doubt McNally would toss around the "phenom" label if he didn't think that Peters had the "football smarts" to play the LT position. I guess we'll find out eventually, but again I don't see this as being so far-fetched.

McNally has said in the past that he likes "smart" players.  We know JP isn't book smart.  However  I doubt McNally would toss around the "phenom" label if he didn't think that Peters had the "football smarts" to play the LT position.  I guess we'll find out eventually, but again I don't see this as being so far-fetched.

266839[/snapback]

I though JP was a pretty smart kid...he graduated high school early and even majored in "Classics" which means you have to take two years of Latin or Greece no matter what college you go to in the United States. Its not like he majored in "Business" or "Physical Science" or something broad like that.

This really doesnt have a point...just think that Losman's a little brighter than people think.