Bills do worse in 2nd matchup vs the Patriots

Jerry Jabber

This team has never played the Pats for a second time. Almost none of the players are back, and all of the coaches are different.

I fail to see how stats from more than a decade ago have anything to do with this team.

21 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

“Nothing” except a lot of losses and by a wider margin. Coincidence or bad luck? It’s obvious the Patriots are doing things to have better results in the second matchup. Different players, different coaches, different schemes, same results. 

What's obvious is that the Bills haven't been good and the Patriots have.

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I realize that Brady and Belichick are the constants and who doesn't.  That's exactly why the Bills have to be unpredictable in the second meeting much in the same way Miami was in their 2nd meeting with the Patriots where they unveiled new formations and personnel packages that they had not shown previously this season. 

a different game plan for each qtr. and be ready to ball out for 60 minutes. offensively i'd have shady and cadet both in the backfield with putting one of them out wide once in a while. i'd run a variety of plays with that ,two te's and send one guy deep on every play. move the chains,control the clock and take a few deep shots.

we need to go in there with a fight for your life readiness. this win would be huge. screw tiebreakers and take the wheel.

23 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

The Bills have yet to play a full 60 minute game all season and they would need to do that just to keep this game close in the 4th quarter and have a chance at the upset let alone actually win.

This is what I keep pointing to. Both sides of the ball playing well for the full 60 mins hasn't happened this season. The defense has had complete games, the offense has had good some good halves, but both performing at top performance for the full game? Hasn't happened.

32 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

This is what I keep pointing to. Both sides of the ball playing well for the full 60 mins hasn't happened this season. The defense has had complete games, the offense has had good some good halves, but both performing at top performance for the full game? Hasn't happened.

i know it seems like dennison is incoherent every week after the half. look at the last match up...3 points for a half is as bad as it gets....i actually would feel a lot more optimistic if peterman played.....at least the second half.

I just read an article saying that the Bills are 3-1 this year when McCoy rushes for 100 yards. Additionally the Pats are 2-2 this year when they give up a 100 yard rusher.

I think it is pretty apparent what we need to do is use different formations and packages to make sure that McCoy gets to that number. Belichick will be trying to take that away so if we get there we will have imposed our will.

Hoping to see a lot of unbalanced lines, heavy formations and creativity with McCoy, Taylor and even Joe Webb’s running ability. Like it has been said, this is our season so it is time to pull out all the stops.

Obviously the Pats are the better team. Still, as weak as our front 7 is, theirs is even weaker.  There's no excuse for putting up a paltry 3 points against them. I know their secondary is good, but we should be able to run any time they don't load 8 or 9 guys in the box and if they do we have to be able to pass efficiently enough to keep drives alive. I thought our defense did OK before considering that they got no help at all from the offense.

The problem is the Bills are unable to pass efficiently and effectively when they need to. If they are down by more than 7 at any point in this game it is essentially over. But...here's to bustin Bundchen's A#$! 

Cheers

Edited by johnnywo

I think Taylor has no chance of winning this game. We need someone who isn't afraid to pass the football into tight windows to win this one. 

The Patriots will focus on stopping Shady and if they do this game is over. I hope they have Taylor on a short leash, after his 3rd 3 and out he should be terminated with extreme prejudice.

9 hours ago, LEBills said:

I just read an article saying that the Bills are 3-1 this year when McCoy rushes for 100 yards. Additionally the Pats are 2-2 this year when they give up a 100 yard rusher.

I think it is pretty apparent what we need to do is use different formations and packages to make sure that McCoy gets to that number. Belichick will be trying to take that away so if we get there we will have imposed our will.

Hoping to see a lot of unbalanced lines, heavy formations and creativity with McCoy, Taylor and even Joe Webb’s running ability. Like it has been said, this is our season so it is time to pull out all the stops.

Forget about Joe Webb, if he was not on our roster he would be fishing right now. We need to start Peterman and bring Taylor in for wildcat plays to win this game.