Carolina 2018 free agents

Tatonka68

Due to the sale of the Carolina Panthers these two free agents maybe available in areas of need for the Bills. 

Star Lotulelei DT, Panthers drafted Veron Butler in 2016 just in case he walks. Would look good next to Kyle Williams and McDermott knows him.

Andrew Norwell G, Panthers drafted his replacement in 2017 Taylor Morton and would be an improvement over Ducasse and Miller.

Signing these two would help in trading up for a Quarterback as it fills two needs.

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

how and why? 

Tolbert mostly lol. Wasn't Kaelin Clay a Panther? I'm not sold on KB but that's just my gut. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, I just never recall him having the best hands which always irritates me.

That said, Star Lotuleilei would be a great signing IMO.

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Tolbert mostly lol. Wasn't Kaelin Clay a Panther? I'm not sold on KB but that's just my gut. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, I just never recall him having the best hands which always irritates me.

That said, Star Lotuleilei would be a great signing IMO.

Tolbert served his purpose on special teams and team culture change....completely agree he is a waste as a RB. Clay was a flyer/so what...maybe it works maybe it doesnt, just like the draft pick he was traded for....im good with Kelvin, he has shown what he can do when a QB trusts him enough to throw the ball up for him to get it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PaattMaann said:

Tolbert served his purpose on special teams and team culture change....completely agree he is a waste as a RB. Clay was a flyer/so what...maybe it works maybe it doesnt, just like the draft pick he was traded for....im good with Kelvin, he has shown what he can do when a QB trusts him enough to throw the ball up for him to get it. 

I doubt Tolbert served a significance purpose for culture change. Game recognize game.

I see your point. Just curious to see if the KB trade will pan out.

37 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Due to the sale of the Carolina Panthers these two free agents maybe available in areas of need for the Bills. 

Star Lotulelei DT, Panthers drafted Veron Butler in 2016 just in case he walks. Would look good next to Kyle Williams and McDermott knows him.

Andrew Norwell G, Panthers drafted his replacement in 2017 Taylor Morton and would be an improvement over Ducasse and Miller.

Signing these two would help in trading up for a Quarterback as it fills two needs.

They were talking about Norwell this morning on ESPN, commenting that he'll likely be the most highly sought after O lineman

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How is their availability tied to the sale of the team?

Could be they are reluctant to spend money in FA due to impending sale.  Though in the grand scheme of things on a $billion dollar sale, what difference does $60 million mena on FA signings.  Probably not much

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

They were talking about Norwell this morning on ESPN, commenting that he'll likely be the most highly sought after O lineman

Could be they are reluctant to spend money in FA due to impending sale.  Though in the grand scheme of things on a $billion dollar sale, what difference does $60 million mena on FA signings.  Probably not much

Exactly.  And who knows when the sale will be complete.  It's not even for sale.

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I doubt Tolbert served a significance purpose for culture change. Game recognize game.

I see your point. Just curious to see if the KB trade will pan out.

If you're curious on how his hands are...go back and watch his play for carolina when he was actually used correctly.  He constantly won jump balls.  Tyrod doesn't throw the ball up to him.  I'm sure you'd feel better once we get a passing QB in here who is willing to throw to him even when he's covered

19 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Reminds me of when Rex Ryan was always picking up ex-Jets players. Enough all ready with the Carolina connection.

Who cares?? He's a very solid player who's only 27 years old at a need position.  There aren't many other DT options in this free agent class and it happens to be one of our biggest needs