Understated when entering tje playoffs, momentum!!!

I've been a serious football fan since the mid-90s and one of the biggest factors I found in teams entering the playoffs and having serious success by going to the Superbowl or even the conference Championship game is entering the playoffs with tremendous momentum

And understated fact about the upcoming upcoming New England game is that we keep hearing it's going to be almost impossible to beat New England Buffalo still has a shot to get in the playoffs even if they lose to New England Etc

My people are not realizing as if Buffalo bestowing one or even loses an extremely close game and then beats Miami handedly if they get into playoffs with that circumstance sometimes that is enough momentum energy and emotion and frankly confidence to go very very far in the playoffs

Something to keep in mind the next two weeks...

It's also worth noting that a very Dynamic scrambling quarterback 1996 Mark Brunell can make up for many team deficiencies and games that are only one and done

To put it mildly I would not want to face a scrambling Tyrod Taylor 2 6'5 receivers in Benjamin Holmes and a defense that can force lots of turnovers I would just honestly be kind of scared of flying Buffalo it be a team that has nothing to lose with Dynamic players at every skill position

This is a joke right?

They'd be afraid of Benjamin, and Holmes...

And you supported your point about how momentum is real, which it's not, by pointing to a Brunell in 96. That is one of the few things I can say that the Bills have made the playoffs since that happened, it doesn't hold any water.

What is that quote the guy says from Billy Madison about everyone being dumber... We're at that point. 

In the AFC, I'd hope to play McCoy, and the rest of the useless offense he carried and their ****ty coaches. No one would ever fear this team, what have you been watching?

Edited by Ol Dirty B

There are some thoughts in there, I am just not sure they are clear. Yes, if the Bills go into the playoffs following beating the Patriots and sweeping Miami they would have momentum. Is that enough with the talent? OP thinks so. I tend to agree.

1) I agree with Mike in Horseheads, WTH does Mark Brunel in 1994 have to do with anything.

2) No one is afraid of a scrambling TT and 2 6'5" WRs, if that was such a powerful combination why haven't we seen it be effective this year?

3) You admit we are unlikely to beat the Pats this week, how do you expect us to "go deep" in the playoffs, you thin we are getting past the Pats in Foxboro?

4 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

This is a joke right?

And you supported your point about how momentum is real, which it's not, by pointing to a Brunell in 96. That is one of the few things I can say that the Bills have made the playoffs since that happened, it doesn't hold any water.

What is that quote the guy says from Billy Madison about everyone being dumber... We're at that point. 

In the AFC, I'd hope to play McCoy, and the rest of the useless offense he carried and their ****ty coaches. No one would ever fear this team, what have you been watching?

Mr. Madison, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, westerndecline said:

I've been a serious football fan since the mid-90s and one of the biggest factors I found in teams entering the playoffs and having serious success by going to the Superbowl or even the conference Championship game is entering the playoffs with tremendous momentum

And understated fact about the upcoming upcoming New England game is that we keep hearing it's going to be almost impossible to beat New England Buffalo still has a shot to get in the playoffs even if they lose to New England Etc

My people are not realizing as if Buffalo bestowing one or even loses an extremely close game and then beats Miami handedly if they get into playoffs with that circumstance sometimes that is enough momentum energy and emotion and frankly confidence to go very very far in the playoffs

It's also worth noting that a very Dynamic scrambling quarterback 1996 Mark Brunell can make up for many team deficiencies and games that are only one and done

To put it mildly I would not want to face a scrambling Tyrod Taylor 2 6'5 receivers in Benjamin Holmes and a defense that can force lots of turnovers I would just honestly be kind of scared of flying Buffalo it be a team that has nothing to lose with Dynamic players at every skill position

Unlike other posters, I do see what you're saying.  I think you've stretched some things there but again understand the sentiment.  

I don't think we have momentum but a win in Foxboro and Miami could give us that.  

It's not momentum but there is something about how the Bills play under McD that has a certain "it" factor.  It's why I think he can coach.  He's had some head scratching on field decisions on the offensive side of the ball - but it takes a little while for a defensive coach to learn how to deal with those situations.  

6 hours ago, westerndecline said:

I agree with the momentum point but nobody is concerned about our receivers right now.  If we had a QB that knew how to use them and threw to them...that'd be one thing.  Tyrod simply doesn't throw to Benjamin.  He doesn't give him a chance at a jump ball which is mindboggling to me.  

We could certainly win if our defense shows out and gets turnovers and the offense the offense plays like they did in the first half of the Miami game but we haven't seen them put it all together in really any game this year for a full 60 minutes.

We have been just too inconsistent to feel confident with any kind of momentum unfortunately.  

1 hour ago, Shotgunner said:

Mr. Madison, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

"Ok a simple wrong would have done just fine"

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

This is a joke right?

Are you retarded the 96 Jaguars with a scrambling quarterback we're not line tremendous momentum going into the 96 playoffs that's the point dumbass