Pick from the Marcell Dareus Trade

On 12/18/2017 at 12:42 AM, Ol Dirty B said:

What are you saying? If we traded Dareus and we end up with a Peterman or a Milano. It's still an awful trade.

Where is their any proof of this later round stuff? Milano is nice but 1 guy doesn't deviate much from what I'd estimate are late round hits in a draft in this teams history or really what happens in the league.

We saved a $54 mil cap hit with that trade.  It was never about getting the pick it was about unloading an underacheiving, overpaid player in order to improve our ability to retain our good guys and acquire free agents.

$54 million worth of chips back on the table can really help a team.

On 12/18/2017 at 3:57 AM, mannc said:

Absolutely awful idea.  That’s where you fill out the depth on your roster.   The Bills have picked up plenty of good players in those slots.

And with those plenty of good players, they've missed the playoffs. 

I wouldn't call the idea awful, I'd wait and see. If their's a guy there they like, and then do it. 

10 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

And with those plenty of good players, they've missed the playoffs. 

I wouldn't call the idea awful, I'd wait and see. If their's a guy there they like, and then do it. 

Fair enough.  I just like to have more picks rather than less, and this organization’s history when trading up is abysmal.

On 12/17/2017 at 11:07 PM, ROCBillsBeliever said:

If I recall correctly, the 6th round pick we received from the Jags for Marcell Dareus COULD turn into a 5th round pick IF the following situations transpire:

-Dareus plays the entirety of the 2017 season.

-The Jags make the playoffs.

Anybody have the details on this? Because it looks like both are happening. Not a huge deal, but a 5th could be a Milano or a Peterman. Just sayin'.

Yeah what would we do without a 5 INT per half QB?

• Haha (+1) 1

I am not against trading picks to move up and get who you want,  but i believe we really dont know if we should move up or stay put until the draft gets here and we see if anyone is still there. So i guess I am saying we must" trust the process. " Plus people say we have not had a very good track record in the pass, We guess what we are not the same Bills that have been for the last 17 years. New Owner, new GM, New head coach.  Again I say "Trust the process."   GO BILLS

On 12/17/2017 at 8:40 PM, bobobonators said:

I would just trade all the 4-7 picks for another high 3rd pick

and call it a day. 

Not a horrible idea but also having several late round picks gives you better odds of finding a diamond in the rough. We've had more than our share of 3rd round picks bust?