Shaver Killing - Police Found Not Guilty (graphic video in link)

Paulus

http://www.tmz.com/2017/12/07/mesa-police-involved-shooting-bodycam-philip-brailsford-not-guilty-daniel-shaver/

Really, I usually give the police the benefit of the doubt, but...

If I was king of the planet, the whole police department responsible for this would join the the faux cowboys in my Unit 731 remake.

Edited by Paulus

11 minutes ago, row_33 said:

But but but

body cams were supposed to bring justice and truth and honesty guaranteed

This one was bad; imagine if the victim was black. The news would have actually talked about it, as this murder* was worse than most of the ones folks rioted about.

Edited by Paulus
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Not guilty because ................

...because the prosecution didn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he committed second degree murder, reckless manslaughter, or aggravated assault.

There that was easy.

22 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

...because the prosecution didn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he committed second degree murder, reckless manslaughter, or aggravated assault.

There that was easy.

Was this couple waving guns or just some randoms walking out of room ?

1 minute ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Was this couple waving guns or just some randoms walking out of room ?

They weren't waving guns, but that doesn't matter all that much. 

As far as whether they were "randoms walking out of room," the law says the jury doesn't get to MMQB OIS's.  So it doesn't matter who they are.

9 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

They weren't waving guns, but that doesn't matter all that much. 

As far as whether they were "randoms walking out of room," the law says the jury doesn't get to MMQB OIS's.  So it doesn't matter who they are.

If I’m a random innocent and this cop pulls this shtick on me I might get shot too. Guy was weeping and scared shitless.

seemed like he couldn’t wait to pull.     Jmo 

Edited by Air it out Fitzy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Gross. The kid was clearly upset and unable to think clearly. A benefit of being a human is having a !@#$ing brain. If he wasn't  so excited about the possibility of being able to pull that trigger he could have gotten the dumb ass kid away from the doorway.

If he can't listen to instructions make him keep his hands face down on the floor and push forward on his head. 

You might be able to convince me the motion resulted to the shooting but you won't convince me that the cop didn't want to pull that trigger. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

i would advise when under a threat of this kind to shut up (and i mean SHUT UP!!!!) and do what you are told.

but everyone around me tells me how they mouth off to the police or customs...

The kid thought he was doing what he was told.  Officer said "crawl," the kid crawled.  I can see why it would have been difficult to convict on murder 2 or reckless manslaughter...but that whole department should be blown up.  That is either a god-awful lack of training, or god-awful training.

4 hours ago, Paulus said:

This one was bad; imagine if the victim was black. The news would have actually talked about it, as this murder* was worse than most of the ones folks rioted about.

Didn't you hear?  All us whites are going out tonight to block traffic and burn down stores in our neighborhoods.  I already have dibs on the local Williams-Sonoma...

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Gross. The kid was clearly upset and unable to think clearly. A benefit of being a human is having a !@#$ing brain. If he wasn't  so excited about the possibility of being able to pull that trigger he could have gotten the dumb ass kid away from the doorway.

If he can't listen to instructions make him keep his hands face down on the floor and push forward on his head. 

You might be able to convince me the motion resulted to the shooting but you won't convince me that the cop didn't want to pull that trigger. 

They had to omit the cops bumper sticker on his gun that said “you’re !@#$ed” from the case because legal system ??‍♂️

1 minute ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

They had to omit the cops bumper sticker on his gun that said “you’re !@#$ed” from the case because legal system ??‍♂️

I'm torn on that.  On the one hand...the judge is right, it's prejudicial and not material to the case.  On the other hand, it may just be the sort of prejudice you want to introduce in a case like this.

• Like (+1) 1

When you work on the D you pick and pick and pick away at the evidence provided, sometimes it appears to be overwhelming but we live for these cases to see how it comes out.  Getting the evidence suppressed or sealed is a major victory. 

And when the client is found not guilty, you just walk out of there and have a solemn press conference and move on to the next matter at hand.

And sometimes completely surprise results show up that make you want to reconsider your faith in everything you held sacred....