McDermott Respect from The Hoodie

Irv

The handshake end of the Pats game was interesting.  Belicheck has lost more games as a coach than McDermott probably will ever win.  I thought the respect Belicheck showed McDermott about the Gronk incident during the handshake and walk off the field showed a lot of class on his part and he seemed to respect our coach a lot.  I liked that.  Gives me hope for the future.

• Like (+1) 2

Belichick was 6-10 his first year as a HC. Didn’t accomplish much of anything until Brady and a little rule bending. 

How about we give McD a chance to get “HIS QB” before we pounce on a guy who’ll probably finish with more wins in his rookie campaign than B.B. and more than anyone gave him a chance to win with this mediocre roster.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Belichick was 6-10 his first year as a HC. Didn’t accomplish much of anything until Brady and a little rule bending. 

How about we give McD a chance to get “HIS QB” before we pounce on a guy who’ll probably finish with more wins in his rookie campaign than B.B. and more than anyone gave him a chance to win with this mediocre roster.

Then he was 7-9 twice and then 11-5 and won a playoff game with a QB combo of Testaverde and Rypien. 

Then he went 5-11with Bledsoe on the pats.

Then he won a SB in Brady's first year as starter (form the majority of the season).  Brady had little to do with that SB season.

This argument gets repeated by posters who are unfamiliar with what Bellichick really did before "Brady".

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Then he was 7-9 twice and then 11-5 and won a playoff game with a QB combo of Testaverde and Rypien. 

Then he went 11-5 with Bledsoe on the pats.

Then he won a SB in Brady's first year as starter (form the majority of the season).  Brady had little to do with that SB season.

This argument gets repeated by posters who are unfamiliar with what Bellichick really did before "Brady".

Enh I think your memory is faulty. That first SB season he was on the ropes.

Then his pact with Lucifer kicked in.

52 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

2 SB rings as a DC with the Giants....and he brought the Browns to the playoffs...the Browns !!...let that sink in.....he should have won coach of the year for that alone !!

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

How about we give McD a chance to get “HIS QB” before we pounce on a guy who’ll probably finish with more wins in his rookie campaign than B.B. and more than anyone gave him a chance to win with this HIS mediocre roster.

Fixed it,

Just now, joesixpack said:

Wait...you mean it wasn't mediocre before he got here?

Don't make me dig up your posts from last year.

Just bringing to light the fact that McDermott wasn't handed this entire roster.   He is partly responsible for this existing mediocre roster.

Can't put 100% of the blame on his predecessor and/or other people.