PTI: 1 game suspension NOT enough

CanadianFan

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This wasn't serious.  I've been well-documented as saying that a 4-game suspension would have been appropriate.  But to call Gronk a "dirty player," is just incorrect.  He's not.  That was an incredibly dirty play.  But it shouldn't define him.

He’s often guilty of OPI, but that’s the refs fault. He’s not generally dirty (IMO) like some players with a history. He had a VERY dirty play and 4 games is about right. I’d hate to be judged by my single worst moment in life. 

6 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

3 FINES and suspensions over the last three seasons. Sounds like a repeat offender to me!  And YET YOU CALLED HIM CLEAN! JUST A SINGLE POST AGO - YOU CAN'T KEEP YOUR STORY STRAIGHT. LET ME GUESS - YOU LEARNED THIS FROM TRUMP RIGHT?

If he was a Buffalo Bill, I would want him SUSPENDED FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON. 

Trump is too liberal for me, pal.

My story is that I think he's a clean player.  I haven't changed that story once.  He's the best TE in football and he's a pleasure to watch.  He just made a bad mistake on Sunday.

9 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

It’s a different day and a new era.  The NFL has more severely punished individuals who retaliate.  What Gronkowski did was inexcusable.  To say Kyle Williams should have done something in response suggests that he play down to Gronk’s stupidity by retaliating.

I admire Jim Kelly for his play but on this one he is wrong.

As i mentioned to a buddy at work who has mentioned the same about Preston Brown not jumping Gronk.

Coach,  i am pretty sure frowns hard on such things. Usually goes poorly for the Bills anyways when it come to retaliation. Kyle woulda been ejected and then suspended !

I have to agree about the retaliation is when the Refs have finally processed what is happening and need to throw a flag at someone. For the player's  safety...

I am on the line on this one.

The severity ( elbow brace "weapon" ) and the premeditated effort exhibited has me just sick honestly.

But the right thing to do was refrain from kicking his head clean off. and into the stands to use a  drinking vessel and passed around

Be interesting how they play the Colts.

Patriots played very aggressive right from Taylor's slam sack. To beat them Bills have to answer back between the whistles next time around.

I sure hope and pray Tre recovers fully. He has been exemplary in his attitude and play and professionalism. He played Gronk the only way anyone can have hope of defending him. He played a fair game IMO.

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

My story is that I think he's a clean player.  I haven't changed that story once.  He's the best TE in football and he's a pleasure to watch.  He just made a bad mistake on Sunday.

There is likely no player on The Pats who are not taught to play as close to the edge if not over it. Like the history of pick plays. The OPI the holding.

If it aint gettin' called it aint illegal.

Top teams get preferential treatment.
Natural selection at work.

liberal LOL

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Stephen A Smith today said it should've been at least 3 games. He said the up coming Steeler game factored in. This league is a joke and they deserve these falling ratings. Money trumps everything!

ratings went up for Monday night.

15 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The owners don't care about player safety and they're ostriches when it comes to understanding the real long-term threat to viewership that the league is facing.

The union is too dumb to cobble together a coherent approach to player discipline and safety.

And frankly, society as a whole in 2017 has completely lost its moral underpinnings.  The Boston announcers cheered Gronk's actions in realtime.  That doesn't seem the least bit out of place with what has been going on everywhere.  People have been so lied to, and so broke, for so many years, that they've basically thrown ethics and decency out the window.  Nothing surprises me anymore.

Oh drag.

I think all this does is encourage retaliation next match. Does the NFL not realize we play them again in a couple weeks?

Just like Crabtree held a grudge against Talib, expect some Bills players to hold a grudge on Gronk. Hell, there might even be someone who wants to start the game off trying to go after him. Not smart by the league.

8 hours ago, Utah John said:

In baseball, if a pitcher on Team A hits a player on Team B, it isn't the Team A pitcher who gets tagged by the Team B pitcher, it's some batter who had nothing to do with the first incident.   So, don't retaliate against Gronk.   Retaliate against Brady.  The first guy takes him down, even after the play is over, the second guy jjumps on him when he's down and takes a shot at his head, and the third guy goes after his knees.  And all three of them should (a) not get ejected, just like Gronk wasn't, (b) expect a one game suspension, and (c) not get fined, just like Gronk wasn't.

Make it clear that attacking a Bills player doesn't lead to equal payback, it leads to escalation.  Make Brady pay, make the Patriots pay, make the league pay. Take out the Patriot's best player, maybe the league's best player.  Cost the league some serious advertising money.

A one game suspension for that?  No, sorry, that's an insult. Gronk's suspension should be at least as long as White is out of action. 

I'd like to think Gronk endangered his whole team with that move. Hope the Bills feel that way too.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I think all this does is encourage retaliation next match. Does the NFL not realize we play them again in a couple weeks?

Just like Crabtree held a grudge against Talib, expect some Bills players to hold a grudge on Gronk. Hell, there might even be someone who wants to start the game off trying to go after him. Not smart by the league.

A properly coached team of professionals wouldn't retaliate more than 30 seconds after the incident, IMO.  Certainly not weeks later.

You're talking about two immature idiots in Crabtree and Talib with their grudgematch.  That's a lot different.

If anything, I can see a little pregame pushing and shoving, then nothing else.

EDIT/ADD:  Football and baseball are completely different.

Edited by Gugny

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

A properly coached team of professionals wouldn't retaliate more than 30 seconds after the incident, IMO.  Certainly not weeks later.

You're talking about two immature idiots in Crabtree and Talib with their grudgematch.  That's a lot different.

If anything, I can see a little pregame pushing and shoving, then nothing else.

EDIT/ADD:  Football and baseball are completely different.

Players will be players. If White is out an extended period, they'll remember. Throw in the frustration of a blowout, or Gronk getting physical with them throughout the game, I can easily see someone going after him. I guess we'll see.

• Like (+1) 1

As much as I hope they do, I don't expect to see anything retaliatory from the Bills in the next matchup.  They've been pussies when playing the Cheaters for the better part of 16 years.  I don't expect it to change after what I witnessed Sunday.   

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

You are spineless - you say he's clean one minute. when I provide evidence to the contrary you admit he isn't. And the next comment you say again he's clean. You are a moron. 

6 hours ago, CanadianFan said:

You are spineless - you say he's clean one minute. when I provide evidence to the contrary you admit he isn't. And the next comment you say again he's clean. You are a moron. 

You feel pretty strongly about this, I see.  

I think the main problem, here, is that you're simple ... which is fine.  The world needs simple people.  Otherwise there would have never been a Coach on Cheers.  

Do you know how bad Cheers would have sucked without Coach?

Anyway, for this next part, I want you to grab an adult ... preferably one who is not simple.

Gronk is clean.

Gronk made a dirty play.

Gronk was very, very naughty on that play.

Gronk is usually not very naughty.

Overall, Gronk is still clean.

Again ... don't try it alone.  

Good luck my northern neighbor friend.

I love you.

- Gugny