Are the Bills bad or just not really good?

1 minute ago, T-Bomb said:

Not even next year.  They will start the full rebuild mode in the offseason, Kyle Williams gone, yadda.  The next 2-3 years will be even worse than this year.

Not if they draft a franchise QB who can pass for more than 65 yards. 

You have a couple elite teams in the NFL, you have a couple of terrible teams in the NFL.  Most of the rest of the other teams are pretty much the same, that could to anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6...based on the schedule and luck and a couple of other minor factors.  The Bills, like usual, are once again one of those middle teams.

The Bills are bad to below average this year especially when you consider the teams we've beat.

And don't rule out the Falcons finishing 8-8 or worst since they are the only team currenlty above .500 we won against but still think that was fluky at best simply because they were without their entire starting WR lineup most of the game.

Either way I'm sick and tired of this team flirty with mediocrity year after year instead of simply going 2-14 or 3-13 so we can at least have a shot a true elite, game changing talent that even the most average GM's luck into when they draft that high.

As long as our QB situation is Tyrod or Peterman, we'll be consistently not good. 

The only time we win games is when our defense leads the way. The offense can't pull its collective head out of its collective a**.

And I don't want to hear anything about Dennison today. He called a good game, and definitely put the offense in position to succeed. They failed to execute, sometimes in disastrous and pathetic fashion.

2 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

True but a stud QB can make up for that.

I'd rather trade for Luck than risk the draft, Bills always suck at the draft. Hopefully the Colts owner does something really stupid and tells his GM to trade Luck.

7 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

6-6 is decent. 

Losing to the Patriots is hardly rare in the NFL. 

But the 4 out of five losses, with the one win being against an apparently hapless Chiefs team seems pretty bad.  Can't really figure out where this team is at. 

They are what their record shows, or worse ,so doesn’t matter how you label them.  They are a very average team in a weak conference and they are no where near even being competitive with New England or Pittsburgh.  I will say they have overachieved with this horrible roster. They have ONE elite player , McCoy , and they are average or below average at almost every position.  I did forget hauska who is elite this  year. I am sure as a team they are in the bottom ten of almost every stat category ,or they will be after another pats game and two games against a dolphins team that can score more than out usual one td or less a game.  

22 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

6-6 is decent. 

Losing to the Patriots is hardly rare in the NFL. 

But the 4 out of five losses, with the one win being against an apparently hapless Chiefs team seems pretty bad.  Can't really figure out where this team is at. 

They aren't that bad.  Consistently poor QB play has cost us again this year.  A good QB would make a world of difference for this team.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The same Trump who bankrupted the USFL and many other businesses?  He's a joke. 

I am sure you have personally achieved a much higher level of success in your business, entertainment and political endeavors. It must be nice to be such a renaissance man. 

Just now, PlayoffsPlease said:

I am sure you have personally achieved a much higher level of success in your business, entertainment and political endeavors. It must be nice to be such a renaissance man. 

Did I ruffle your feathers by posting the truth?  Keep hiding your head. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The same Trump who bankrupted the USFL and many other businesses?  He's a joke. 

I think it is pretty obvious that Trump is rarely right.  I am VERY glad that he is not the Bills’ owner.  Instead, he is “only” embarrassing our country and putting the world on the verge of extinction via nuclear war...

I don't get the people who think the Bills aren't  that far away. IMO they are so far away from being a Super Bowl contender its not even funny. The talent when Rex took over on this team to now is trending downward. We've traded away younger talent and added alot of mediocre vets like Humber and Ducasse etal. Most of the good vets are trending downward like Richie and Kyle. Jeez I don't think we are close at all. And, rookie draft picks are going to be a crap shoot.

Edited by horned dogs

I don't think many (any?) teams are as good as they used to be.  The huge salaries for certain players along with the salary cap make it impossible to have top notch talent in all phases of the game.  The Bills with upgrades at QB and one or two on the OL could compete with just about anybody and could get into the playoffs.  If you could also upgrade WR and LB then the Bills would be able to win a playoff game or two.

9 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think it is pretty obvious that Trump is rarely right.  I am VERY glad that he is not the Bills’ owner.  Instead, he is “only” embarrassing our country and putting the world on the verge of extinction via nuclear war...

No - That would be north Korea and Iran...

16 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Well he just decreased my taxes and likely killed a silly liberal mandate in one fell swoop, so I'll cut him some slack for the USFL thing.  USFL was garbage anyways, who cares.

And if you buy into the OMG he's going to kill us all mantra, you're drinking too much of another kind of Kool Aid.

Edited by T-Bomb

1 minute ago, T-Bomb said:

Well he just decreased my taxes and likely killed a silly liberal mandate in one fell swoop, so I'll cut him some slack for the USFL thing.  USFL was garbage anyways, who cares.

Check the tax bill before you declare that - unless you own a major corporation that will take the tax break and create more jobs ( overseas).