Bills Trivia: Rick Dennison

Beast

51 minutes ago, jr1 said:

he was OC for each of Nate's 5 interceptions 

From Wikipedia: 

On November 19, 2017, Dennison oversaw the worst half of offensive football played by a quarterback in the modern game, after the benching of Tyrod Taylor in favor of the rookie Nathan Peterman. Dennison's credibility as an NFL coach was further called into question when he supported the move made by head coach, Sean McDermott.

7 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

From Wikipedia: 

On November 19, 2017, Dennison oversaw the worst half of offensive football played by a quarterback in the modern game, after the benching of Tyrod Taylor in favor of the rookie Nathan Peterman. Dennison's credibility as an NFL coach was further called into question when he supported the move made by head coach, Sean McDermott.

I get the feeling that Dennison was the one trying to sway McDermott to play Peterman.

20 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

From Wikipedia: 

...a bit over the top?......a rook with minis, OTA's and pre-season under his belt, some scant meaningless mop up duty followed by his first disastrous start defines Dennison?.....as much as I despise DenniDUMB, you're way off the mark as is the thread crucifying Peterman.....yipster ignorance IMO.....tell me about the purported yips if Peyton started his career in Buffalo at the same 3-13.......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...a bit over the top?......a rook with minis, OTA's and pre-season under his belt, some scant meaningless mop up duty followed by his first disastrous start defines Dennison?.....as much as I despise DenniDUMB, you're way off the mark as is the thread crucifying Peterman.....yipster ignorance IMO.....tell me about the purported yips if Peyton started his career in Buffalo at the same 3-13.......

I just thought the Wikipedia entry was funny and was related to a post someone had who mentioned the (disastrous) Peterman half.

I was actually just looking at Wikipedia to see Dennison's coaching history over the years to see if anything jumped out that might coincide with OPs question. I'm stumped.

17 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

thank you. we haven't seen the last of nate and i hope and believe he will get a chance to redeem himself. i like the kid and think he's got talent.

5 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

thank you. we haven't seen the last of nate and i hope and believe he will get a chance to redeem himself. i like the kid and think he's got talent.

...hope you realize that the TBD pundits had his vehicle moved to the FIFTEEN MINUTE PARKING section of the players' lot, right?......

OK, the year was 1990. Game was at Rich Stadium. Denver has a 21-9 lead over the Bills in the 4th quarter and are lining up for the 27 yard kill shot to go ahead 24-9 (no 2 point conversions in those day) and sink the Bills to 2-2 on the season.

Nate Odomes has other ideas. Like a flash off the snap, Nate zooms around the left outside lineman of the Broncos, dives, and swats away David Treadwell’s kick.

The ball bounces high and comes down into the waiting arms of Cornelius Bennett, who sprints 70 something yards for a TD to bring the Bills to within 21-16. The Bills send up scoring an amazing 20 points in 77 seconds and go on to beat the Broncos 29-28.

This victory spurred the Bills to a 13-3 record, home field advantage and a berth in their first of four Super Bowls.

That single play.....Nate Odomes beating his man to the corner. That play started the dynasty in my eyes.

The man Odomes beat?

You got it. #55 from the Denver Broncos, Rick Dennison.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

OK, the year was 1990. Game was at Rich Stadium. Denver has a 21-9 lead over the Bills in the 4th quarter and are lining up for the 27 yard kill shot to go ahead 24-9 (no 2 point conversions in those day) and sink the Bills to 2-2 on the season.

Nate Odomes has other ideas. Like a flash off the snap, Nate zooms around the left outside lineman of the Broncos, dives, and swats away David Treadwell’s kick.

The ball bounces high and comes down into the waiting arms of Cornelius Bennett, who sprints 70 something yards for a TD to bring the Bills to within 21-16. The Bills send up scoring an amazing 20 points in 77 seconds and go on to beat the Broncos 29-28.

This victory spurred the Bills to a 13-3 record, home field advantage and a berth in their first of four Super Bowls.

That single play.....Nate Odomes beating his man to the corner. That play started the dynasty in my eyes.

The man Odomes beat?

...can he be beaten again as in FLOGGING????.....

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

The man Odomes beat?

Dude thats awesome.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

The man Odomes beat?

Aha! So Rick Dennison played Special Teams. Now it all becomes clear to me, why McD wanted him ...