Tyrod Snap Count

diannand

Not sure if this was talked about in another thread.

I don't have a lot of knowledge about snap counts quite honestly, but anyone else notice that for a lot of the plays Tyrod simply shouts "Go",  like compared to other quarterbacks there doesn't seem to be much to the snap count,  I don't know if it is like this for every play, but he does it quite often.   It just boggles my mind that they use such a simple count so often.  Could this be contribute to the lack of time he has to pass the ball, or is it more to do with inept blocking upfront?

Thoughts on this?

2 minutes ago, diannand said:

well I get that it is brief, but there is no preliminary attempts to draw the D offside...it seems...like Manning was famous for "Omaha"...etc

I am not sure what the term for that is?

Pre-snap cadence? That’s where the QB changes the volume and inflection in his voice to throw the defense off. Go to YouTube and watch some EJ Manuel clips. He pretty much revolutionized cadence as a QB between 2014-2016. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Pre-snap cadence? That’s where the QB changes the volume and inflection in his voice to throw the defense off. Go to YouTube and watch some EJ Manuel clips. He pretty much revolutionized cadence as a QB between 2014-2016. 

EJ did no such thing.

16 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

revolutionized did he.

ammmmaaaazzzing

he did have the loud barking hard count though. revolutionized, LOL

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

39 minutes ago, diannand said:

Not sure if this was talked about in another thread.

I don't have a lot of knowledge about snap counts quite honestly, but anyone else notice that for a lot of the plays Tyrod simply shouts "Go",  like compared to other quarterbacks there doesn't seem to be much to the snap count,  I don't know if it is like this for every play, but he does it quite often.   It just boggles my mind that they use such a simple count so often.  Could this be contribute to the lack of time he has to pass the ball, or is it more to do with inept blocking upfront?

Thoughts on this?

I think the bigger issue is when they use hand motion, which is relayed to the center by the guard.  It seems that the timing of that is very consistent.  Much easier for the DL to take off in rhythm.  

GOMAHA!

On a serious note, I don’t care what he yells. I just wish he’d have a better command of when to snap the ball when playing with leads in the 4th qtr. He needs to learn to milk the play clock for all it’s worth in those situations. Too many snaps with 10 or more seconds left on the clock. Gotta be more aware.

Edited by K-9