Tyler Dunne: "Dennison Stays and Tyrod Goes"

BuffaloRush

4 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Taylor is finished in Buffalo as soon as the 2018 ball drops in Times Square. It's simply a fact. Just accept it and move on.

We'll see.

If it happens, I'll gladly accept it.  However, it is far from a forgone conclusion like I read from you and others on at least an hourly basis.

McDermott has total power, so whatever he wants is going to happen. Pegula is doing it right this time around: hire your people and let them work.

After a couple more Tyrod games where the other team actually mounts an offense this will all be settled, except in the minds of a few who also told us EJ just never got a fair shake and would go start somewhere because "you could do worse"

Edited by TheFunPolice

Just now, ScottLaw said:

He's probably right.

The new guys wanted/want 0 carry over from the Whaley days no matter how good the player is(and no matter how stupid that logic is). 

Tyrods solid, but Beane/McDermott didn't draft him and neither did the Panthers so he will be a goner. 

I wouldn't be shocked if McEgo go into next season with Peterman and a 1st round rookie at QB.... and Peterman starts the season.?

I don't think there is a chance of that. The rookie starts or the Bills will already have a vet backup they signed, which they will as soon as they decide on Tyrod and before the draft.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

He's probably right.

The new guys wanted/want 0 carry over from the Whaley days no matter how good the player is(and no matter how stupid that logic is). 

Tyrods solid, but Beane/McDermott didn't draft him and neither did the Panthers so he will be a goner. 

I wouldn't be shocked if McEgo go into next season with Peterman and a 1st round rookie at QB.... and Peterman starts the season.?

We'll see. 

Be careful what you ask for.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I'm not asking for it. Ideally they keep Tyrod and draft a first round QB.

:)

I agree we should do this.  Draft or sign someone to challenge for the job.

Let's take the Minnesota apporoach.  Sign or draft as many decent ones as you can.  Any of their 3 could start for us and a lot of other teams in the league.

don't put our eggs all in one basket.

29 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

That was despite being near the bottom of the league in passing.   Good defenses could shut them down easily, while bad ones got run over for those scoring stats.

Taylor costs $16M and thinks he's a good starter.  Team McBeane know better.  TT is gone.

Yes, but they didn’t for 2 years. It isn’t that complicated. They were top 10 DVOA and scoring for 2 years. Now they are 22-25. What’s the biggest difference????

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Rex and Rob? 

You did ask what the biggest difference was.    

Touché I should have been more clear. Those 2 bumbling idiots are the biggest difference.

I was referring to the offense though. They have some different guys in but it isn’t major turnover in terms of talent. The coaches are the main difference.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yes, but they didn’t for 2 years. It isn’t that complicated. They were top 10 DVOA and scoring for 2 years. Now they are 22-25. What’s the biggest difference????

Teams adjust to what other teams and players do well. Defenses game plan to take away a players strengths and force him to go to his weaknesses. I'm not singling out TT because all teams use the same general game plan of forcing teams out of their comfort zone. 

The problem with TT is he doesn't have the full repertoire of skills to respond to the defense forcing him to do the things he is not good at. I'm not suggesting that Taylor is a bad player, because he is not, but there are limitations to his game that can't be overcome. Taylor has been in the league for seven years. He has started for three years. I just don't see the evolvement of his game that will make this team a serious team with him at the helm. If you think otherwise then you should be arguing not to use a high round pick on a qb.  

Odds are that the Bills are going to probably draft a qb in the fist round. I believe even you agree with that probability.  There is a reason for it

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Touché I should have been more clear. Those 2 bumbling idiots are the biggest difference.

I was referring to the offense though. They have some different guys in but it isn’t major turnover in terms of talent. The coaches are the main difference.

Not that much at all except for the Oline.  

Rex hand picked Tyrod and was the reason the team signed Richie. Rex envisioned the "ground and pound" approach and hired Roman and Lynn to run it.

So if you are a big Tyrod fan you should give Rex credit. If you loved the running game you should give Rex credit.

Can't have it both ways. The head coach is responsible for the entire program.

If Rex had been known for offense he would still be here now.

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, kota said:

Dennison isn't the problem.  It's Tyrod plain and simple.  I realize that Peterman threw 5 INT's.  That sucks.  Alot of it had to do with him being a rookie and terrible blocking up front for him.  

This is the worst take in the history of takes. This offensive scheme is bad. It has been bad for the better part of a decade. It is now on its 3rd stop since it was last successful. The last time it was good, it had players who, at the time, were a top 10 QB, a top 10 (maybe top 5?) RB, and top 5 HOF WR. Without those pieces it has been below average over and over again and will continue to be.

Edited by JM57

21 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Teams adjust to what other teams and players do well. Defenses game plan to take away a players strengths and force him to go to his weaknesses. I'm not singling out TT because all teams use the same general game plan of forcing teams out of their comfort zone. 

The problem with TT is he doesn't have the full repertoire of skills to respond to the defense forcing him to do the things he is not good at. I'm not suggesting that Taylor is a bad player, because he is not, but there are limitations to his game that can't be overcome. Taylor has been in the league for seven years. He has started for three years. I just don't see the evolvement of his game that will make this team a serious team with him at the helm. If you think otherwise then you should be arguing not to use a high round pick on a qb.  

Odds are that the Bills are going to probably draft a qb in the fist round. I believe even you agree with that probability.  There is a reason for it

I agree that they are going to take a QB. You know that I’ve been on this class as long as anyone.

At the same time I don’t believe that it takes over 2 seasons to adapt. The Bills stopped doing what they do well. Dennison has a different approach. It hasn’t worked. The results reflect it. If the Bills were operating that Roman/Lynn scheme this year the offense would be just like it was the last few years. Ultimately, I think that his failures will lead to a new OC. That is something that I think we can all get behind.

24 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Not that much at all except for the Oline.  

Glenn has been banged up and they got a little older too. Going from Kromer to Castillo is like going from Brady to EJ. The OL has certainly been worse but the same guys are here (plus Dawkins). It is the coaching.

46 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He's probably right.

Is that why Eric Wood's contract was extended?

37 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You keep saying that, but what about Sammy and the glorious deep threat?

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

On that note, why hasn’t Groy gotten a chance? You can’t convince me that Vlad is better. 

Is Miller that bad? Last year I thought he was coming around. It seems as if the OL coach made an immediate determination that he wasn't a good fit for or a good enough player. Sometimes I believe that the OL coach is just as important as the OC coach. If the OL coach is too rigid and doesn't adequately adjust to his talent he can screw up the whole offense. Coaching matters.