Best Case/Worst Case Scenario

corta765

7 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I agree 100 percent. I thought he did an excellent job. I'm glad he got rewarded as well

...putting aside his Bflo "interim HC" tag for a moment, he is essentially a rook HC fully in charge of HIS team just as McD is.......bumps, bruises & hiccups along the way?....only a fool would think not.....they started 0-4 and have a 5-2 streak going after trashing the Cowgirls.....McD's club hit a three game losing streak bump but responded with a W in tough Arrowhead.....McVay is killing it but he is the exception versus the norm for rookie HC's IMO....

7 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

Best case we get a wild card, trade Tyrod and draft a top 3 prospect at QB in 2018 with a trade up.

Worse case we get two more wins, miss the wild card and miss out on one of top 3 QBs. Tyrod returns with Peterman as the top prospect for the future and in 2019 we are rebuilding again with a new staff going all in on building around Tyrod.

That's more like it for best and worst case

• Like (+1) 1

Best Case Scenario

We finish 9-7 and qualify for a wild card spot after Jacksonville and Baltimore tie in the season finale and we win the tie breakers due to smart losses against NFC opponents.  With 2 minutes left in the wild card game against Oakland, we're up by 10. We're going to win.  The party starts and Rodney Dangerfield's ghost appears.  We're all getting laid tonight!  Buffalo collectively says "this is the best day of my life!".  I tell my grandkids about the time we won that Wild Card game.  Damn kids don't care.  Too busy playing with their robots.  I don't care, my memories are too sweet.  I write them all out of my will.  Screw you, kids!

Worst Case Scenario

Same old crap.  Miss the playoffs and talk about "what if we played Tyrod against the Chargers?" for years.  We never get sick of it.  I tell my grandkids about the time we almost made the playoffs.  Kids don't care.  Too busy playing with their robots.   I commit micro aggressions and shatter their safe space.  Kids are triggered and get PTSD.  I soil myself with joy.  They have no self-esteem left.  Kids put me in a home.  Screw you, kids! 

8 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

The bridge of Tyrod.

Is it a good bridge if the new OC has to scrap his scheme to use the Taylor made simplified scheme? Can you have a young QB learning from a bridge QB that can only play in the Taylor made simplified scheme? Will said drafted QB be as successful when he comes in later in the year after the team has been running the Taylor made system? Will they all be on the same page?

IMO a OC needs all his QBs playing the exact same system. Also who do they get at OC to want to come here to use Taylors simplified system, we all know after 3 OCs it is Taylor's way or no way if you want him to be the starter.

I can see the interview now, we really like you as a OC, we like your system and want to incorporate it into the Bills logic but we have Tyrod and he needs you to scrap your system and run his while you train the new kid on yours for the future. I am sure the great OCs will be lining up to be Tyrods OC#4 because of all the success the others have had with him. 

You realize that Russell Wilson's "system" as you call it is the same as TT, right ? As well as Mariota, Cam, and looking forward, Lamar Jackson ?

The Bills offense before Dennison was Top 10 both of TT's years with a patchwork, week to week WR corps. It was the D and penalties under Rex that kept the Bills out the playoffs both those years.

The TT hate on here is sad, uninformed, and irrational.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

The bridge of Tyrod.

Is it a good bridge if the new OC has to scrap his scheme to use the Taylor made simplified scheme? Can you have a young QB learning from a bridge QB that can only play in the Taylor made simplified scheme? Will said drafted QB be as successful when he comes in later in the year after the team has been running the Taylor made system? Will they all be on the same page?

IMO a OC needs all his QBs playing the exact same system. Also who do they get at OC to want to come here to use Taylors simplified system, we all know after 3 OCs it is Taylor's way or no way if you want him to be the starter.

I can see the interview now, we really like you as a OC, we like your system and want to incorporate it into the Bills logic but we have Tyrod and he needs you to scrap your system and run his while you train the new kid on yours for the future. I am sure the great OCs will be lining up to be Tyrods OC#4 because of all the success the others have had with him. 

Every single offense should be tailored to the starting quarterback's strengths.   Every single one.   If they aren't doing that, then they are stupid and/or lazy and/or stubborn.

You don't design an offense for a quarterback you might have in a year or two.   Think about how ridiculous that sounds.

The impact of getting good quarterback play is so strong on your team, that you are absolutely insane if you plan an offense around your backup qb, your 3rd stringer or some imaginary quarterback you might have in the future who isn't even on this roster yet.    If you want the best possible QB play you can get out of your starting QB, you tweak your offense and your play calling towards his strengths.   You don't need to completely redesign everything.   But you should tweak things by consistently calling plays the team has shown they can execute well.

It is okay if a coach prefers a different philosophy but runs the one that his team can execute the best.   It is absolutely idiotic for a coach to keep forcing a style of play on players that have proven they can't execute it well - when there is a different style they have proven they can execute well.

And it's not just Tyrod that isn't executing Dennison's offense well, it is the entire offensive unit with the offensive line being the poorest performers.

In your best case scenario, if the Bills make the playoffs and win a game, I don't see them getting rid of Tyrod. They'll draft a QB either way, but they won't jettison the QB who ended the drought; they'll keep TT and let the rookie sit for a year.

Best case, we win 3-4 more games, make the playoffs at 9-7/10-6 and get a game against Tennessee to extract the ghosts of Wycheck's forward pass (not thrilled about seeing the Chargers again), while KC turns it over to Mahomes, he looks terrible (sorry kid, I liked you but it'll hurt to see you be great), they lose out and end up with a top 10 pick.

Worst case, KC turns it around, goes close to winning out to get the #3 seed in the AFC, giving us a pick in the mid-late 20s, we enter a "win and you are in, lose and you are out" game against Miami week 17 and lose.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

1 hour ago, PolishDave said:

Every single offense should be tailored to the starting quarterback's strengths.   Every single one.   If they aren't doing that, then they are stupid and/or lazy and/or stubborn.

You don't design an offense for a quarterback you might have in a year or two.   Think about how ridiculous that sounds.

The impact of getting good quarterback play is so strong on your team, that you are absolutely insane if you plan an offense around your backup qb, your 3rd stringer or some imaginary quarterback you might have in the future who isn't even on this roster yet.    If you want the best possible QB play you can get out of your starting QB, you tweak your offense and your play calling towards his strengths.   You don't need to completely redesign everything.   But you should tweak things by consistently calling plays the team has shown they can execute well.

It is okay if a coach prefers a different philosophy but runs the one that his team can execute the best.   It is absolutely idiotic for a coach to keep forcing a style of play on players that have proven they can't execute it well - when there is a different style they have proven they can execute well.

And it's not just Tyrod that isn't executing Dennison's offense well, it is the entire offensive unit with the offensive line being the poorest performers.

It all starts with having the right QB to start it off and the rest falls into place. When the QB can not lead the rest all fails as well. Of course a good coach makes the system work for his players but you need to make sure the talent your working with is worth standing behind to mold and to shape. Tyrod is a very limited QB if McD is setting this team up to be molded around Tyrod we should just expect the same old 7-9 seasons, no playoffs and a new staff in 2019. Rex tried to mold around Tyrod and got fired, same will happen to McD.

I want this team to be molded and designed around a bigger talent at QB, one that teams will not make sit in the pocket to be a QB something he is suppose to be able to do since that his his job. Like it or not Tyrod is a failure it is time to move on not build around for 2018 and beyond.

5 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

It all starts with having the right QB to start it off and the rest falls into place. When the QB can not lead the rest all fails as well. Of course a good coach makes the system work for his players but you need to make sure the talent your working with is worth standing behind to mold and to shape. Tyrod is a very limited QB if McD is setting this team up to be molded around Tyrod we should just expect the same old 7-9 seasons, no playoffs and a new staff in 2019. Rex tried to mold around Tyrod and got fired, same will happen to McD.

I want this team to be molded and designed around a bigger talent at QB, one that teams will not make sit in the pocket to be a QB something he is suppose to be able to do since that his his job. Like it or not Tyrod is a failure it is time to move on not build around for 2018 and beyond.

The-First-Crusade-Pic.jpg

5 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Rex Ryan was fired because of the defense and his poor game day coaching. The 10 men on the field in OT in the Miami game probably did him in.

By Matthew Fairburn | mfairburn@nyup.com

Orchard Park, N.Y. — On Wednesday, Tyrod Taylor was asked if he was ready for the Buffalo Bills to get into a shootout against Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints. Taylor didn’t hesitate.

“Definitely,” he said.

On Sunday afternoon, it quickly became apparent he and the Bills were ready for no such thing. The Saints held up their end of the bargain in the shootout, scoring 40 points. The Bills’ offense, meanwhile, was a mess. Taylor led the team to a field goal on its opening drive and then never scored again. In fact, the Bills didn’t even reach the red zone after that first drive.

Expect Brady to be ready for a shootout while our starting QB will be 3 and out/punt.

Best case scenario - Win the Super Bowl, draft Baker Mayfield with the Chiefs pick and draft a huge beast run stuffing DT at #32.

Worst case scenario - finish 6-10 and lose our entire starting secondary to serious, year to recover from, knee injuries. Use both 1st round picks and next years 1st round pick to move up and draft a QB who busts under Dennison's tutelage.

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

Forget the quarterback's name for a minute.   This staff chose him as their starting quarterback.    Should have played to his strengths every game this year.    You can give them a pass for a the first couple games as they found their feet.   But they still aren't trying to do what this qb does best.   They aren't doing what this offensive line does best.    And they aren't doing what this offensive unit does best.    No matter who is quarterback - this offense sucks.

And if they aren't tweaking their offense to their existing QB and their other personnel, why in hell would you think they are going to do it with the next qb and other new players?

They aren't.   They are going to try to get lucky finding a QB and other guys who are good enough in their system.   This offensive coaching staff obviously lacks the mental ability to be able to adjust to what cards they have been dealt.    They want to keep calling hearts trump every hand even when their hand is full of clubs.    

19 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Forget the quarterback's name for a minute.   This staff chose him as their starting quarterback.    Should have played to his strengths every game this year.    You can give them a pass for a the first couple games as they found their feet.   But they still aren't trying to do what this qb does best.   They aren't doing what this offensive line does best.    And they aren't doing what this offensive unit does best.    No matter who is quarterback - this offense sucks.

And if they aren't tweaking their offense to their existing QB and their other personnel, why in hell would you think they are going to do it with the next qb and other new players?

They aren't.   They are going to try to get lucky finding a QB and other guys who are good enough in their system.   This offensive coaching staff obviously lacks the mental ability to be able to adjust to what cards they have been dealt.    They want to keep calling hearts trump every hand even when their hand is full of clubs.    

I have faith that they will build around the right QB, one that can be a QB, if not it will be more of the same old trying to win/build now with some other teams backup that has plagued this team for decades.

I agree that right now there hand is the wrong suit hopefully that changes to a full house of talent and the QB is the ace in the hole. It starts with having a QB worth building around, until then your playing blackjack and the game is 5 card stud.