Stadiums Of The Future

Call me old school, but to me, the point of going to a game is to watch the game. A "stadium experience" only requires a game, seats,  concessions, restrooms, a replay screen, and a scoreboard; anything else is a distraction.

Just my opinion...

• Like (+1) 4

42 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

That's pretty cool. However, the Bills won't be getting a new stadium for quite a while I'm afraid. I doubt they'll even seriously consider moving forward with any project until the team is an actual success on the field.

You want the Bills you get a new stadium? 

I love the Ralph personally. Will be sad when the Bills change stadiums

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

That's pretty cool. However, the Bills won't be getting a new stadium for quite a while I'm afraid. I doubt they'll even seriously consider moving forward with any project until the team is an actual success on the field.

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

I think the next time the Bills change stadiums will coincide with the time they change area codes

In the article it says the fans are willing to pay for the stadium experience.  That may be but these new stadiums may price themselves out of reach for most fans.  It already costs a lot of money to go to a game and that is in an average stadium.  I live in Southern California and looked into going to see the Bills play the Chargers.  On Stub-hub and other ticket sits the starting price was over $150 per ticket.  That is for a soccer stadium being used by the NFL.  How much more does the "stadium experience" cost?  I chose to not go to the game.  Its just as well given the outcome.  

1 minute ago, Playoff Bound said:

In the article it says the fans are willing to pay for the stadium experience.  That may be but these new stadiums may price themselves out of reach for most fans.  It already costs a lot of money to go to a game and that is in an average stadium.  I live in Southern California and looked into going to see the Bills play the Chargers.  On Stub-hub and other ticket sits the starting price was over $150 per ticket.  That is for a soccer stadium being used by the NFL.  How much more does the "stadium experience" cost?  I chose to not go to the game.  Its just as well given the outcome.  

Part of the problem with StubHub is supply and demand.  Once supply opens up (70,000+ seats), then demand goes down, especially in the secondary markets.  Last year I bought six tickets to the Bills Dolphins game for less than $150.  The tickets will always be at a premium when the teams are rolling.  But LAChargers' situation right now is pretty weird.

52 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I am beginning to believe that with viewership down and significant questions regarding CTE I don’t know why taxpayers should foot any part of a bill on a stadium. 

I couldn’t agree more. I’ve never been on board with taxpayer funded stadiums, but it’s a really bad time to ask for one. The NFL is clouded with uncertainty. The league reached its plateau, and is now headed downhill. This happens with every entity that has existed in the history of mankind. It’s absurb to spend millions on a potentially dying one. 

17 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

....what about the thread discussing the clueless owner Pegula "cashing in"?......could we have a paradox here?.........

If Pegula waits long enough he won't have to build one of these ridiculous stadiums, the league will have peaked, and on the way down they won't be requiring such nonsense, they'll just be trying to hold on to the fans they have.  Then places like New Era field will do just fine.