2018 Senior Bowl

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

How did he help himself? He showed exceptional physical talent and wild inconsistency, just as he has done his entire career.

Because NFL teams will fall in love with his physical tools, assuming that they can be the ones to harness his potential. All he had to do was flash that potential, and he did.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Interesting, Didnt Know scouts were specialized.

I never played or coached oline/ dline for 1 minute 

so its tougher for me to pick out what makes them successful.

i can obviously spot maulers and high end lineman on tape but I don't have the best eye for the nuances

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I never played or coached oline/ dline for 1 minute 

so its tougher for me to pick out what makes them successful.

i can obviously spot maulers and high end lineman on tape but I don't have the best eye for the nuances

I'm the opposite all I did was D line and FB, couldn't scout a corner to save my life. :D

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I'm the opposite all I did was D line and FB, couldn't scout a corner to save my life. :D

I grew up in the defensive backfield and was a corner / safety / scat back all my life

Dline isn't bad to scout, just tedious . Dareus was one of my favorite players ever that I had the pleasure of scouting . Going to Tuscaloosa to watch a game was a dream. .He really was such an animal coming out. So fast for 315

i wanted him at 3 all day 

Edited by Buffalo716

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I grew up in the defensive backfield and was a corner / safety / scat back all my life

Dline isn't bad to scout, just tedious . Dareus was one of my favorite players ever that I had the pleasure of scouting . Going to Tuscaloosa to watch a game was a dream. .He really was such an animal coming out. So fast for 315

i wanted him at 3 all day 

I liked him too but that shows how important personality is to productivity.

I think McD is doing it right by bringing tough, hard nosed, hard working players to make up the majority of the team and sprinkle in some superstars for the rest.

20 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I liked him too but that shows how important personality is to productivity.

I think McD is doing it right by bringing tough, hard nosed, hard working players to make up the majority of the team and sprinkle in some superstars for the rest.

My father always told me that you can't beat availability. And nothing overcomes a great work ethic 

so both those fall in line... as for superstars

shady has a little bit of a "me" attitude but he is selfless and team first on the field. He is a sure fire HoF in my mind if he continues for a few more years and I hope he retires a bill

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

My father always told me that you can't beat availability. And nothing overcomes a great work ethic 

so both those fall in line... as for superstars

shady has a little bit of a "me" attitude but he is selfless and team first on the field. He is a sure fire HoF in my mind if he continues for a few more years 

Many of the greats do, it's the rare breed that is a superstar and obsessed.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.