Prescott vs Peterman

Billzgobowlin

I was thinking about it this morning and with Sunday's game not withstanding why was the media so critical of Buffalo replacing Taylor but not the Cowboys replacing Romo.  The Cowboys were a playoff team with Romo there and it wasn't like Prescott was a top pick (he was 4th as opposed to Peterman being a 5th).  Got me also thinking if Peterman were in Dallas would he have done well with a decent O line.  People are complaining that Prescott struggled because he was missing Tyron, well replace his whole line with ours.  I think Peterman should be given time like Prescott to figure it out and if they don't make the playoffs it will be partial the team around him like defense and Oline and not just QB.  Let's face it Taylor doesn't win in this league unless this defense plays better and the O line can figure out pass protection(it wasn't like Peterman was holding onto the ball too long).

The first pick was a big momentum changer and then things snowballed.  As you indicate, the big difference between Prescott and Peterman is that Prescott has the best O line in the league in front of him. 

I think the Bills will draft a QB day 1 or 2 next spring.  And I think Peterman will be the starter opening day next year.

8 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I was thinking about it this morning and with Sunday's game not withstanding why was the media so critical of Buffalo replacing Taylor but not the Cowboys replacing Romo.  The Cowboys were a playoff team with Romo there and it wasn't like Prescott was a top pick (he was 4th as opposed to Peterman being a 5th).  Got me also thinking if Peterman were in Dallas would he have done well with a decent O line.  People are complaining that Prescott struggled because he was missing Tyron, well replace his whole line with ours.  I think Peterman should be given time like Prescott to figure it out and if they don't make the playoffs it will be partial the team around him like defense and Oline and not just QB.  Let's face it Taylor doesn't win in this league unless this defense plays better and the O line can figure out pass protection(it wasn't like Peterman was holding onto the ball too long).

Hardly anyone w/o some sort of tie to  WNY  gives a **** about the Bills.

Even the local media hates the Bills 

8 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I was thinking about it this morning and with Sunday's game not withstanding why was the media so critical of Buffalo replacing Taylor but not the Cowboys replacing Romo.

Probably because Romo was injured when they made Prescott the starter, and by the time Romo was healthy Prescott had led the Cowboys to a 6-1 record.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Probably because Romo was injured when they made Prescott the starter, and by the time Romo was healthy Prescott had led the Cowboys to a 6-1 record.

True., but the age old argument is that a star shouldn't lose his job to injury. 

If it wasn't for Bledsoe in that one playoff game the Pats wouldn't have made it to the SB.  

Very different scenario. Prescott went in because of an injury to Romo and played very well over several games before there was a choice to be made between Romo and Prescott. 

I do agree that playing quarterback behind the best O-line in football gives any QB a huge advantage over our mess of an O-line. 

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

True., but the age old argument is that a star shouldn't lose his job to injury. 

There's also the one that says everyone's happy when you're winning. My main point was that the original decision wasn't even a choice, Romo was hurt. If Tyrod were injured in the Saints game nobody in the media would have questioned starting Peterman. If Peterman then led us on a 6-1 run, nobody would have questioned Tyrod not getting his job back.

almost apples and oranges, Romo was injured, Dak played well and had a strong supporting cast to lean on. The best running game in the NFL a good group of recievers and a solid defense. If Dak wasnt solid then Romo would have been back in the instant he returned. The Bills have been playing historically awful football and in the attempt to light a spark it was like throwing gasoline on an already burning dumpster fire.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We’ve officially entered the upside down.

As if Peterman compares favorably with Prescott with regard to the physical attributes that make him successful.  People seem desperate to find justification to keep playing Not Ready Nate. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

As if Peterman compares favorably with Prescott with regard to the physical attributes that make him successful.  People seem desperate to find justification to keep playing Not Ready Nate. 

That wasn't my intent to say he should be playing but somehow a 5th rounder being played is taboo because we were 5-4 and in the playoff hunt.  

1 minute ago, Finkle Is Einhorn said:

Prescott also went in to a lot better situation than Peterman. He had arguably the best O line in football.  A top 5 wr, top 5 TE....completely different circumstances 

His situation doesn't change the fact that he was still a rookie and if anything it would show that Peterman's play was because of his lack of talent on offense

30 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

There's also the one that says everyone's happy when you're winning. My main point was that the original decision wasn't even a choice, Romo was hurt. If Tyrod were injured in the Saints game nobody in the media would have questioned starting Peterman. If Peterman then led us on a 6-1 run, nobody would have questioned Tyrod not getting his job back.

Actually Taylor did get hit hard (injured) in the game and I wondered if it effected his game.   

If you see stars in front of your eyes take a breather.    Playing injured isn't helping the team at any position.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

32 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We’ve officially entered the upside down.

This thread wasn't started to provide crazy assumptions but rather to elicit some thought about why it was taboo for a 5th round rookie to start and not a 4th rounder.  And the Cowboys did have a former first round pick in Mark Sanchez on the team when they decided to go with Prescott.

Edited by Billzgobowlin

3 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

That wasn't my intent to say he should be playing but somehow a 5th rounder being played is taboo because we were 5-4 and in the playoff hunt.  

Where he was drafted doesn't matter. It's what kind of player he is and what has he shown on the field of play to say he's ready to be an NFL starter.  The answer for me prior to last week's game was nothing and that was reaffirmed by what he demonstrated in the heat of battle. 

33 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

Very different scenario. Prescott went in because of an injury to Romo and played very well over several games before there was a choice to be made between Romo and Prescott. 

I do agree that playing quarterback behind the best O-line in football gives any QB a huge advantage over our mess of an O-line. 

Don't confuse True Believers with FACTS!   If they believe the situations with Prescott and Peterman were the same, then they were the same.