I was wrong about....

Kirby Jackson

9 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I was wrong thinking Tyrod wouldn't even try to play to this offensive system because he was a stubborn jerk. Now I think he won't do it because it will end in disaster. He won't throw to where the receiver is supposed to be using "anticipation" because the receiver may or may not remember where he is supposed to go. He won't throw the jump ball counting on his receiver to go get it because Andre Reed is not on this team.

In short they put Peterman out there to run the offense their way and it was a catastrophe. Taylor's stock went up a lot with me.

I hadn't thought of it that way, but there's something to this assessment, and that's leaving out apparently Taylor rarely throws at the top of his drop because if he stayed there long enough to throw he'd be throwing through opponent-colored visors, if not throwing off his a**.

All the WR with whom Taylor built some rapport and faith that they'd be where they should be, got shipped out of town one way or another.  Benjamin may be that jump-ball guy, but Taylor had him for what, one game?

• Like (+1) 2

I thought we would start poorly and finish solid. Looks like the other way around.

18 hours ago, theAteam said:

I was wrong that McDermott was some kind of Belichick prodigy that could sustain a top 3 defensive performance while simultaneously jettisoning its top talent for an entire season.

Once we get our Tom Brady he will.

Great question and thread. 

But i I take it a different way. Don't think others should. Don't think it's better. But I am, by nature, an optimistic guy. I live in a cynical world and industry and don't want to not trust people right off the bat even though most people are untrustworthy. I didn't think McDermott was the best or my first choice but as soon as he was hired I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

He had never been a HC before. There wasn't a history to B word about. I hated the Jauron hire. I was optimistic about the Mularkey and Marrone hired because I didn't know enough about them to not like them. I was lukewarm about the Chan hire but he won me over in one year and lost me in the next. I liked the Rex hire but he lost me within one year and I hated him. So I am all over the board like I assume most of you are over six different guys. 

My feelings about players and coaches change. Not weekly. But I can be convinced I was wrong. I hate the Sammy trade, but being optimistic I was willing to give the new guys a chance. When we started playing good I thought maybe I was wrong and these guys were right. When we were killed by the Jets I thought it hopefully was an aberration. When we were killed by the Saints I thought they may be losing the team.

When they benched TT for Peterman who I said a thousand times on here he hadn't shown yet that he could do what people said he could and I hoped I was wrong. So three weeks after thinking these guys may be the real deal I'm thinking now they may be arrogant wannabes. I just don't know. 

If they get embarrassed by the Chiefs for four games in a row I will think one thing. If they somehow win I will think another. 

Doesnt mean you or I was wrong. It's fluid. 

Of course, there are more definitive rights and wrongs like Shady is good or bad, Zay is good or bad, John Miller is good or bad. But it's still fluid and change s game to game. 

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I thought we would start poorly and finish solid. Looks like the other way around.

Once we get our Tom Brady he will.

I had us 5-3 through 8 weeks (we were) and then going 3-5 to an 8-8 finish.  I think at the moment that looks optimistic.  We might not win more than 1 more game... in which case it would be 2011 all over again.  

• Thank you (+1) 1