SDS

Which QB starts in Week 11?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB starts in Week 11?

• Nate Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

7 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Yes.  

If the Bills were for real, they would have beat the Jets and beat them badly.

But the real Bills team showed up (the one built on character instead of talent).   And boy, high character or not, they suck as a football team.

:censored: the Deadskins took the Saints to OT in the Super Dome 

thats how bad we are 

All this McDermott backlash, you'd think he benched Brady.   Good grief.   Perhaps all these media geniuses long for the days of Dick Jauron, when we really hated turnovers, except when we loved them and called them punts.  And we loved playing it safe.  And tried not to lose.  And we'd, you know, try to make sure that, we kept this fragile, turnover-ratio-propped-up 5 win team "in the hunt", with a defense that gets more porous by the minute.    Puuuuuleease.  We've all been abused to have absurdly low expectations.   Which usually get met.

McDermott took a chance on a kid, showed a pair - a huge pair - undoubtedly believing that:

(a) Tyrod is not the future; and

(b) the team's chances to beat the Chargers, Chiefs, the Patriots (twice), etc. are, with both a porous defense and Tyrod starting, SLIM at best.   

And if you say you didn't get a little bit charged (if you'll forgive the pun) with that first pass Nate threw to Benjamin, you're just lying.  One pass does not a QB make, but for a brief moment I (and I'll bet most of Bills Nation) thought: maybe?!?!   The football gods even noticed.  And ....

There goes Benjamin, out.   Then, DOINGGGGG, right off DiMarco's moderately-useless hands, and the ball doesn't go sideways or hit the turf; rather,  it goes conveniently upward and right into the hands of the defense.  And of course, they run it all the way back for a TD, which I wasn't even sure should've counted.   CURSED.  Or, more accurately: REGRESSED!  All those crazy-town bounces that went our way in those 5 wins, they're back going the other way now.  And reality came back home.

Please do NOT get on McDermott because he saw little practical or likely upside in Tyrod and this defense, and took a swing for both the short-term and the future.   Please don't turn him into another gutless, fearful place-occupier whose greatest ambition is to keep-it-close.   

I like watching Tyrod pull off crazy-great runs as much as anyone, and he can throw a killer deep ball (every 6 weeks or so when he does it), but there's a reason why he took a pay cut to come back to a losing team as a (not-guaranteed) starter.   He came back to the BILLS, to make LESS MONEY and maybe not even start.    So maybe Nate is a dud (I don't think he is), but this wasn't exactly the greatest gamble of all time.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, section122 said:

This is the double talk that is driving me crazy.

If Tyrod is good he should have no problem at Arrowhead.  However there is no way you could put Peterman in such a difficult situation.

They probably aren't beating SD regardless of who is starting?  So Tyrod couldn't beat a 3-6 team but should have no problem beating a 6-4 team?

This is the only time it could be done?  Why?  If he played even halfway decent he would be starting against KC and NE in starts 2 and 3.  Is that really any different?

The gymnastics to defend this decision are incredible.  Peterman should have been put in if it had to be done when the season was completely over.  Not when the team is 5-4 and the 6 seed.  Regardless of how people feel about the playoff hopes the reality is they were (and unbelievably still are) there for the taking.  I agree with the last sentence of your post though.  At any time they can turn it around this is after all the NFL.  I don't think any of us are expecting it but it could certainly happen.  The Bills are going to have to, as a team, decide if they want to quit or fight.  That's from the HC on down.

If you can't see the difference between starting a rookie in a hornets nest stadium full of Rabid Chiefs fans and a rinky dink soccer stadium in LA with no partisan crowd then I'm not sure what to tell you. Forget the records, the Bills were 5-2 this season. The NP switch had little chance of working, but Tyrod wasn't winning that game the way he had been playing of late. Certainly not vs Lynn, who knows his every weakness and how to defend him. I was surprised by the decision , as it was not conservative but it really was the only spot in could be done. Why make a switch to spark the offense if the team is already out of the playoffs? To shield oneself from media criticism?  It's rather like closing the proverbial barn door. I don't think Tyrod is a very good QB, and had no confidence he would beat the LAC. Many on this board would disagree. If they are so sure about Tyrod winning yesterday , why can't  he not win a road game vs a struggling Chiefs team that lost 4 of 5 and got beat by a 1 win Giants team? The Chargers have found ways to lose close games this year, including a close one to New England. The Bills are not capable of playing a close game with New England, so records aren't always a great indicator. The Chargers are not terrible. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tatonka68 said:

It's third and twelve and Tyrod  dances around ignoring open receivers and throws it to Tolbert for 3 yards. YUP, my vote is for Petersen. Over Tyrod. 

He wasn't doing that often earlier in this season.

Trying to force him to be a pocket passer is a mistake by Dennison.    And allowing other teams to force him to be a pocket passer is a mistake by Dennison.

We have known that clearly since the preseason game this year when Dennison made Taylor do that.   The game was abysmal.   Why would the coach want to repeat that?

Get him out of the pocket.   Force defenses to commit to trying to tackle him on the run or else risk easy first down yardages.

45 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

thanks, will look forward to it.  Always happy to learn here.

1989 Cowboys           1992 Cowboys
Albritton, Vince           Abrams, Bobby
Alexander, Ray            Agee, Tommie
Bates, Bill                    Aikman, Troy
Boughton, Willie         Bates, Bill
Brown, Eric                  Beurlein, Steve
Burbage, Cornell         Brown, Larry
Burton, Ron                 Casillas, Tony
Carter, Jon                   Cornish, Frank
Chandler, Thornton     Edwards, Dixon
Clack, Darryl                 Elliot, Lin
Cobb, Garry                  Everett, Thomas
Del Rio, Jack               Gainer, Derrick
Dixon, James              Gant, Kenneth
Elam, Onzy                  Gesek, John
Folsom, Steve             Gogan, Kevin
Ford, Bernard              Haley, Charles
Francis, Ron                Harper, Alvin
Gogan, Kevin              Hellestrael, Dale
Hamel, Dean              Hennings, Chad
Hendrickson, Steve        Hill, Tony
Hendrix, Manny           Holmes, Clayton
Holt, Issiac                 Holt, Issiac
Horton, Ray                Horton, Ray
Howard, David           Irvin, Michael
Irvin, Michael             Jeffcoat, Jim
Jones, Too Tall         Johnston, Daryl
Ker, Crawford            Jones, Jimmie
Laufenberg, Babe     Jones, Robert
Lilly, Kevin                   Lett, Leon
Lockhard, Eugene      Martin, Kelvin
Martin, Kelvin            Maryland, Russell
Newton, Nate            Myles, Godfrey
Noonan, Danny          Newton, Nate
Norton, Ken               Noonan, Danny
Palmer, Paul              Norton, Ken
Rafferty, Tom            Novacek, Jay
Ruzek, Roger             Pruitt, Mickey
Sargent, Broderick    Richards, Vurvin
Saxon, Mike               Roberts, Alfredo
Scott, Kevin               Saxson, Mike
Shepard, Derrick       Smith, Emmit
Smith, Sean               Smith, Jimmy
Solomon, Jesse        Smith, Kevin
Steward, Curtis         Smith, Vinson
Tautalatsi, Junior      Stepnoski, Mark
Tippins, Ken              Tennell, Derek
Tuinei, Mark              Tolbert, Tony
Walker, Herschel      Tuinei, Mark
Walls, Everson        Veingrad, Alan
White, Bob               Washington, James
Widell, Dave            Williams, Erik
Williams, Robert      Williams, Robert
Zendejas, Luis         Woodson, Darren
Zimmerman, Jeff     Wright, Alexander

Very tough to format on the cell, apologies for it if it's confusing.

11 players of 54 gutted.  That's 80% of the roster turned over in 3 years.

Bates

Gogan

Holy

Horton

Irvin

Martin

Newton

Noonan

Norton

Tuinei

Williams

Edited by Woodman19
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, sleeby said:

I would prefer to end this season with 5 wins than get to and lose a WC game just to end a crappy streak.  This year was never what it was about.

I strongly disagree. The season was about changing the trajectory of the franchise, if that includes a WC appearance then great. The two things are not mutually exclusive. A 5 win season guarantees nothing about the upcoming season or any after that. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, sleeby said:

I would prefer to end this season with 5 wins than get to and lose a WC game just to end a crappy streak.  This year was never what it was about.

You would rather lose 50% in your 401k this year than make a positive return of 10% just because 10% isn't good enough for you?

I will never understand that mentality.

29 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

He wasn't doing that often earlier in this season.

Trying to force him to be a pocket passer is a mistake by Dennison.    And allowing other teams to force him to be a pocket passer is a mistake by Dennison.

We have known that clearly since the preseason game this year when Dennison made Taylor do that.   The game was abysmal.   Why would the coach want to repeat that?

Get him out of the pocket.   Force defenses to commit to trying to tackle him on the run or else risk easy first down yardages.

Sorry Tyrod sucks, 2+ years is more than enough, rather see what Petermen can do. Yes he had a bad game, Tyrod has plenty more.

4 hours ago, mannc said:

Please.  I give the players plenty of credit.  We are talking about quite possibly the worst quarterbacking performance in the history of the NFL.  They know NP won’t be coming back from that any time soon, and they don’t want to put their bodies on the line for that kind of amateurish incompetence.  He shouldn’t play again this year, except in mop up duty.

Your opinion is noted.