It was a TANK season all along - - get it !!!

Punt75

5 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Where someone was drafted is completely irrelevant and such a horrible point to make.

6th round TB and TT

7th round Fitz. 

Correct again Bang. 

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Oh Jesus.  This team was never tanking.  They are playing the best they can while building the team in their vision.  

You called?

Tanking is a figment of BBFS 

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

6th round TB and TT

7th round Fitz. 

Correct again Bang. 

Typicaly draft position means nothing

but TB is the exception ... TT is turning out to be a 6th round backup/fringe starter and Fitz is a 7th round backup /fringe starter

most high quality QBs go fairly early. Atleast in top 2 rounds in modern football 

romo, Wilson, Brady , Kirk cousins , Dak if you include him are the only recent mid/ late rounders i can think of

doesnt mean it cant happen.. it just means most GMs and scouts didn't have faith in those guys to be the guy

Edited by Buffalo716

12 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I can't really disagree with this.  About the only thing that suggested they weren't tanking was the re-signing of Tyrod. That started to look like an extremely weird decision as soon as the Watkins/Darby trade happened. You're right about the unexpected quick start delaying the inevitable. It's almost as if McD is annoyed by that. Sometimes that happens when you bring in hungry players while more talented teams are still figuring things out in September and October ...

We needed to sign TT for 1 more year in order to by more time to finish the bridge. Tyrod was never more than a bridge quarterback. We knew it and the coaches knew it. They drafted Peterman this year and I guarantee you they'll draft another quarterback in April. Hopefully someone like Mason Rudolph. I had absolutely no aspirations of us going to the playoffs this year.  So right now it's all about developing Peterman. And preparing to draft his competition. 

15 hours ago, Punt75 said:

Figure it out! 70% of the players on the current roster are new to the Bills. 70%! Imagine a company firing 70% of its employees and starting over.

And, these new players aren't big-time stars. They came cheap. Humber was a S/T's player most of his career. E.J. Gaines was a 6th round pick 4 years ago. Shareece Wright shouldn't be on an NFL roster. Jordan Poyer was a 7th round pick by the Eagles and then played four years with the Browns before they cut him loose. Ryan Davis & Lorenzo Alexander wouldn't play for many other NFL teams.

The Coaches & Management knew this. The FANS realized it to. For some crazy reason we got off to a wonderful start in the season. One reason was turn-overs. They came our way in bunches. Any long time fan knows that all evens out.

Tyrod was shaky last year. He looked better with all those turn-overs by the defense this year. We all hoped for a miracle season but real NFL football caught up with us!

It's time for a QB change and an offensive strategy re-start. Get the receivers involved and hopefully our most talented player in the backfield will excel. GO BILLS!

IOW, almighty McDermott lied with a sincere smile plastered on his face when he claimed they were trying to win games while rebuilding.  That sounds about right.  Con artists are great actors.

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

most high quality QBs go fairly early. Atleast in top 2 rounds in modern football 

romo, Wilson, Brady , Kirk cousins , Dak if you include him are the only recent mid/ late rounders i can think of

doesnt mean it cant happen.. it just means most GMs and scouts didn't have faith in those guys to be the guy

Witch is why I say that the draft is one HUGE gamble.  

Some strike gold most fools gold.  

24 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ridiculous thread. 

Welcome aboard, noob..:rolleyes:

There seems to be a lot of that going around.   

4 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It's a half-assed tank! A schizo-tank!  Think about it

- re-sign Tyrod:  the new regime is gonna go for it in '17!

- draft: instead of taking a flyer on a project, we trade down to get a solid 1st year starter (White) and up to get another one (Zay)

- then, the big 180: bye-bye Sammy and Darby.  Umm, maybe they're giving up on '17 after all?

- then, the hot start: hey, it seemed crazy, but this new regime seems to know what they're doing!

- then, bye-bye Dareus: wait a minute, weren't we all just saying that you take a good defense, add a healthy Dareus, we're going places? This is a slo-motion tank after all!

- then, hello Kelvin Benjamin: I told ya!  We are going for it! Dumping that lazy tub of lard Dareus didn't = tanking. It meant upgrading. For right now!

- then, benching Tyrod for a 5th round rookie: those bastards tricked us. It was a tank after all! They're actually pissed that they're 5-4. They wanted the freedom that 4-12 brings!

It's an emotional roller coaster, I tell ya! How do we Bills fans manage to stay sane??

we don't.
I have done a study

4 hours ago, klos63 said:

This may be semantics, but they are not tanking- they are doing a total rebuild. The effort was to win now, but the personnel moves were for the future. Next year could be a pretty difficult year. Expect a lot more turnover and many rookies starting.

no one here likes the rough ride coming. But better to brace for it.

Upside is watching rookies develop. as a Fan i dig that facet.

17 hours ago, Punt75 said:

Figure it out! 70% of the players on the current roster are new to the Bills. 70%! Imagine a company firing 70% of its employees and starting over.

And, these new players aren't big-time stars. They came cheap. Humber was a S/T's player most of his career. E.J. Gaines was a 6th round pick 4 years ago. Shareece Wright shouldn't be on an NFL roster. Jordan Poyer was a 7th round pick by the Eagles and then played four years with the Browns before they cut him loose. Ryan Davis & Lorenzo Alexander wouldn't play for many other NFL teams.

The Coaches & Management knew this. The FANS realized it to. For some crazy reason we got off to a wonderful start in the season. One reason was turn-overs. They came our way in bunches. Any long time fan knows that all evens out.

Tyrod was shaky last year. He looked better with all those turn-overs by the defense this year. We all hoped for a miracle season but real NFL football caught up with us!

It's time for a QB change and an offensive strategy re-start. Get the receivers involved and hopefully our most talented player in the backfield will excel. GO BILLS!

There is no doubt a huge rebuild is well underway, and there is going to be a lot more change coming around the bend.

They have actually done much of the work in a more seamless, clandestine sort of way compared to the Sabres approach of the last few years.  

But a massive rebuild it is! 

We win 3  or better 4 we are likely in the playoffs...I actually think 8-8 in the afc this season just might do it......no tank job.....I think the focus of this team is still to get a WC spot.......If we're tanking than why did we acquire the WR"s...why didnt we get rid of Mccoy?  could of easily got something fairly decent in return.....

Edited by JPP

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

we don't.
I have done a study

no one here likes the rough ride coming. But better to brace for it.

Upside is watching rookies develop. as a Fan i dig that facet.

(stay sane, that is).  I stand corrected. Too insanely, ridiculously connected to this team to have any self-awareness. I think you may have given me the nudge I've been needing for the last 17 years.  I'll probably go see the Murder on the Orient Express matinee tomorrow afternoon.

6 hours ago, klos63 said:

This may be semantics, but they are not tanking- they are doing a total rebuild. The effort was to win now, but the personnel moves were for the future. Next year could be a pretty difficult year. Expect a lot more turnover and many rookies starting.

I would agree. My question is more rhetorical in nature. They clearly dont see tyrod as the answer to the offense they want to run. They think Peterman could be so this is really a seven game audition which if successful significantly alters our draft strategy. If Peterman looks the part you can stand pat in the draft, fill multiple needs, and use one pick on another qb somewhere in the 2nd to 5th round rather than trading multiple picks to move up. I disagree with the op. Its not a tank. Its a continuing evaluation of what pieces we have and dont have. And Im totally ok with that. New Orleans showed just how far of a gap there is between us and the top three or four teams in the league. Them, the Pats, the Eagles. If anyone can come up with a fourth or fifth team feel free. Not many elite teams this year.

19 hours ago, row_33 said:

A new regime will take three years to get things in line with the coaching system, if they are fortunate.

I do not understand how fans think you can hopscotch on the wings of angels to a credible playoff team in 6 weeks, especially when you are stuck with the Pats for two losses each season and a wildcard as the only playoff hope.

Three years?......If they are fortunate?:lol:

Eagles coaches......in second year.......are the #1 seed in the NFC.

Rams coaches........in first year.......are #2 seed in NFC.

Truth is it's not abnormal at all for first year regimes to be winning.........how 'bout Marrone's Jags?

The TANK is so obvious now after a very crazy 5-2 start!   The DEFENSE only has 4 NFL quality players with the rest low-rent veterans looking for a job.  They work hard & try hard but - are a step slow and all a year old.