This is why Tyrod was benched

essential

3 hours ago, PeterGriffin said:

The real reality is, if the last 2 games are any indication of how teams will defense Tyrod going forward, then he won't ever win another game in the NFL. He won't be a game manager, he won't win with a good defense or run game. He won't win anything. He's done in the league if the last 2 games are any indication, not even backup worthy, too easy to defense.

You see this is exactly what I am talking about when I said people over exaggerate.  Jets game, Tyrod is the only guy who really came to play and had what was one of his better games as a Bill even accomplishing what he was able to with how poorly the rest of the team played.  OL was one of the worst performances I had seen, receivers dropping passes, and even McCoy had one the of the worst games I have seen him play as a Bill missing holes, dancing, indecisive, etc.  

Yes, the Saints game was probably the worst game Tyrod personally has played in his career, but you lumped in the Jets game where he was actually the best Bills player that game and no where close to as bad as the rest of the team was.

And also, that was the 36th game of Tyrods career against the Saints, lets not act like there was no footage on him and now all of a sudden there is some secret sauce on how teams will now suddenly defend him.  There is plenty of footage prior to that for teams to know how to defend Tyrod, and yet he still has a winning record in the NFL.  So I am sorry, your statement he can never win another game is beyond absurd.  Done in the league?  Maybe you should just be done posting about it because you clearly either way too biased to stay grounded in reason or actually don't have a clue to what you are talking about.

Edited by Alphadawg7

16 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Look, if Tyrod was a good QB and just had a couple of bad games I don't necessarily think McD benches him. The fact of the matter is Tyrod never was good, they won inspite of him never because of him. Now throw in a couple bad games from an already bad QB along with comments from other teams on how to stop him and here we are, a bad QB playing bad got benched. Good QBs don't get benched, is what it is and Tyrods days are done, IMO.

if this is what you gleaned from taylor and the team in general over the first 7 games i'm honestly blown away. nothing to discuss.

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You see this is exactly what I am talking about when I said people over exaggerate.  Jets game, Tyrod is the only guy who really came to play and had what was one of his better games as a Bill even accomplishing what he was able to with how poorly the rest of the team played.  OL was one of the worst performances I had seen, receivers dropping passes, and even McCoy had one the of the worst games I have seen him play as a Bill missing holes, dancing, indecisive, etc.  

Yes, the Saints game was probably the worst game Tyrod personally has played in his career, but you lumped in the Jets game where he was actually the best Bills player that game and no where close to as bad as the rest of the team was.

And also, that was the 36th game of Tyrods career against the Saints, lets now act like there was no footage on him and now all of a sudden there is some secret sauce on how teams will now suddenly defend him.  There is plenty of footage prior to that for teams to know how to defend Tyrod, and yet he still has a winning record in the NFL.  So I am sorry, your statement he can never win another game is beyond absurd.  Done in the league?  Maybe you should just be done posting about it because you clearly either way too biased to stay grounded in reason or actually don't have a clue to what you are talking about.

so much YES here... that poster is just absurd.

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And also, that was the 36th game of Tyrods career against the Saints, lets not act like there was no footage on him and now all of a sudden there is some secret sauce on how teams will now suddenly defend him.  There is plenty of footage prior to that for teams to know how to defend Tyrod, and yet he still has a winning record in the NFL.  So I am sorry, your statement he can never win another game is beyond absurd.  Done in the league?  Maybe you should just be done posting about it because you clearly either way too biased to stay grounded in reason or actually don't have a clue to what you are talking about.

the guy has won more than he's lost and had way more average to good games than he has had bad ones and now all of sudden after 2 losses and a 50 yd game that's apparently all he'll be able to muster the rest of his career.... i don't understand how people can spew garbage like that onto a keyboard and not see how stupid it is.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

say what you want about the last 2 games but the guy played solid ball the first 7 games. you're ticked it took 2 bad games? so you are saying  you wanted him benched after a 5-2 start and generally good set of games to start his season? i also find that extremely alarming.

What of the last 2 seasons?

In each TT would have 2 maybe 3 very good games, 2 maybe 3 very bad games and 8 to 10 meh games.    

The total number of meh games is what sealed his fate imo.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

What if the last 2 seasons?

In each TT would have 2 maybe 3 very good games, 2 maybe 3 very bad games and 8 to 10 meh games.    

The total number of meh games is what sealed his fate imo.  

and what exactly are 5th round rookies known for? more good than bad? PUH-LEASE..... i guess this whole argument hinges on if you think a rookie will come in and actually be any good. sorry not buying it.

with that said. my fanhood isn't tied to taylor nor has it been tied to any other player in my life so i wait in anticipation to see what happens tomorrow and will be all in for Peterman or whomever else is starting.... i just find comical that people are buying in so hard on a rook.

Let look at the whole picture at another angle.   

If the Bills were not getting 3 turnovers a game and scoring points occasionally from them. 

How many less wins would they have?

1 less? 2,3?

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

and what exactly are 5th round rookies known for? more good than bad? PUH-LEASE..... i guess this whole argument hinges on if you think a rookie will come in and actually be any good. sorry not buying it.

with that said. my fanhood isn't tied to taylor nor has it been tied to any other player in my life so i wait in anticipation to see what happens tomorrow and will be all in for Peterman or whomever else is starting.... i just find comical that people are buying in so hard on a rook.

We do not know.   A change was needed and a change is what we got. 

Let’s hope the passing game works to  our betterment.  

We can hope.  A hope that was diminished with TT.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Let look at the whole picture at another angle.   

If the Bills were not getting 3 turnovers a game and scoring points occasionally from them. 

How many wins would they have?

1 less? 2,3?

oh my. that could be argued for so many winning qb's through history. come on man....

i see taylor as alex smith of 4 years ago. one had an elite d and run game year in and year out and the other hasn't.

taylor has won more than he's lost and he's not had a good defense behind him for most of that duration. all of sudden he has a 50 yd game and people act like that's what he'll do the rest of his career. good lord man, some are claiming he wont win another game. COME ON.

12 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

COT = Cult of Tyrod, I believe.  I have consistently thought Tyrod was not a franchise qb and probably really a decent backup.  Nonetheless, I was happy when he seemed to play well and prior to the last few games, he exceeded my expectations.  I have enough real life problems and have no desire to become embroiled in message board silliness.  I like Tyrod as a person.  He's just not that good and it appears defenses have figured him out.  He is also not really suited for the offense Dennison is using.  Peterman fits the offense.  The majority of fans are eager for a new face and the second-string qb is always popular until he actually has to play.  I think Peterman has an inside straight kind of chance to surprise and I hope he does.

Edited by Dr. Who

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

oh my. that could be argued for so many winning qb's through history. come on man....

i see taylor as alex smith of 4 years ago. one had an elite d and run game year in and year out and the other hasn't.

taylor has won more than he's lost and he's not had a good defense behind him for most of that duration. all of sudden he has a 50 yd game and people act like that's what he'll do the rest of his career. good lord man, some are claiming he wont win another game. COME ON.

How many other teams had a defense with 3 turnovers in so many straight games?

Taylor is a .500 QB that needs help to win.  

Make him a QB. Is that fact or fiction?  

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

COT = Cult of Tyrod, I believe. 

Church of Tyrod 

or 

in a kinder term (mine) 

Champions of Taylor. 

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Church of Tyrod 

or 

in a kinder term (mine) 

Champions of Taylor. 

Thanks for clarifying.

43 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Where does he go? Who wants him? It doesn't  matter one bit what kind of offense he is in or where he goes, the league has figured him out. DONE!

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

.....had hoped the kid succeeded in fulfilling his NFL QB dream......without rehashing everything, the biggest puzzle for me REMAINS Dennison.......his "vaunted system" does not play to TT's strengths namely mobility....if memory serves me, Dennison "flexed his rigidity" for a couple of games and Taylor had a more complete game with reads, rollouts, scrambles and I believe spreading the wealth among 9 receivers.....then Dennison reverts back to "Rigidity 101" trying to make him a pocket passer which he is not.....throw in the OL looking like "Wikileaks" for good measure.....the kid is on the roster for 2017 so why not flex your system to capitalize on his mobility as in "WIN NOW" even if he's NOT in your 2018 plans?...it's almost like he's been forcing the QB change issue to prove a point.....something ain't passing the smell test......I do like the Peterman kid's mental grasp this early on of the NFL speed game and regardless of his performance(s) in 2017, STILL think you draft a QB in the 2018 1st......but I still have a major issue (FWIW) with the hows, whys, and WTF's of Dennison so far.....

Let's look at the bright side here for a moment...............

By McDermott making the change right now, BEFORE the Black Friday sales event,

it means a lot of Christmas gifts, specifically Bills jerseys, will be purchased with the name Peterman on them.

This cuts both ways.............if Peterman lays an egg, those jersey's are worthless before Christmas Day,

and anybody who currently owns a Taylor jersey sees the value skyrocket again.

Think about people...............this is America !

Now keep your shirt on and let's watch the game.........

38 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

32909d1399404372-dart-refocused-looks-li

When will you realize that Tyrod is a mediocre QB (20-18) that will not lead the Bills anywhere? 80%+ of fans get it and our coaching staff (Thanks god) as well.

Even blind people with braille newspapers that read several times after getting destroyed "We just made him play QB" understand our former QB as a starter sucked.

It's really that Black and White but some can't or won't accept change, even when the right decision was finally made.

I'd get it if we were trying to Bench say Alex Smith with a 49-24 record as a starter that took his team to the playoffs 3 out of 4 years (Will most likely be 4 out of 5) as a starter. There is zero comparison to Alex and Tyrod other than maybe their scrambling abilities.

Edited by Real McCoy

I've sat down on Sunday and watched the game in real time and seen guys waving wide open down the field only for him to look at one guy covered and either tuck and run or dump it to the RB or TE. I'm tired of screaming throw the dang ball and if it gets picked occasionally it happens. Even the best QB's throw picks. Take a risk make a second read, throw a pass on time and accurately. It's been a frustrating 17 years. 

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

again. i'm fully convinced after reading over the last week that there were people literally squirming during tyrod and the teams solid start that's sad to me.... say what you want about the last 2 games but the guy played solid ball the first 7 games. you're ticked it took 2 bad games? so you are saying  you wanted him benched after a 5-2 start and generally good set of games to start his season? i also find that extremely alarming.

ftr. i'm not a tyrod "lover" or a member of the COT.... whatever that even stands for. i actually wanted a qb early in 18 regardless of if taylor played solid ball or not.

but the people basking in this benching are freaking pathetic and sad. all for the sake of being proven right..... and honestly. i still wouldn't even say they are right. taylor has had a ton more average/good games than he has had bad ones. and he wins more than he loses.

I think some people are happy with the benching because Tyrod sucks and they knew he sucks and they want somebody who doesn't suck so we can win more football games.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

had hoped the kid succeeded in fulfilling his NFL QB dream......without rehashing everything, the biggest puzzle for me REMAINS Dennison.......his "vaunted system" does not play to TT's strengths namely mobility..

We shall see over the next few weeks how well or bad Rico’s offensive game plan is.  

His hands were tied with a non passing QB.  

The only time Taylor was a passing qb was when passing was all they had to do because they were trailing 

jmo

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

6 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I think some people are happy with the benching because Tyrod sucks and they knew he sucks and they want somebody who doesn't suck so we can win more football games.

Sad answer to a solid post. Maury would be proud.

13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

We shall see over the next few weeks how well or bad Rico’s offensive game plan is.  

His hands were tied with a non passing QB.  

The only time Taylor was a passing qb was when passing was all they had to do because they were trailing 

jmo

...not debating that my friend......despite being riddled with more bullet holes than Bonnie & Clyde 'round these parts, I STILL maintain the lad's biggest impediment is the mental aspect of the game at this level as in reads/progressions, spotting receivers, recognizing defenses, etc., all in the allotted 5 seconds or less....it is NO easy task.....Steve Young (yup, HIM) said it best with "more collegiate QB's fail versus succeed at the NFL level because of the speed and complexity of the game"......do I want Taylor to succeed and live his lifelong dream?...of course....only an asinine POS would wish the lad failure.....can he?....just don't see it after 7 years at this level....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy