[Please Change Title] if peterman is decent

nuklz2594

tyrod is done in buffalo.  guy just does not have it.  i wish him well.  now...if peterman is effective, do we not draft a qb and build the offensive and defensive lines with our draft picks?  if he plays effectively do we draft a first round qb?  

I think they still select a QB in the upcoming draft.  Having two good, young QBs is a good problem to have.

There are probably about 8 positions that need an upgrade including QB, right side of OL, several positions on DL, and LB.

• SDS unlocked this topic
14 minutes ago, nuklz2594 said:

tyrod is done in buffalo.  guy just does not have it.  i wish him well.  now...if peterman is effective, do we not draft a qb and build the offensive and defensive lines with our draft picks?  if he plays effectively do we draft a first round qb?  

They'll need a back up at least. This year just got interesting again.

11 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I think they still select a QB in the upcoming draft.  Having two good, young QBs is a good problem to have.

There are probably about 8 positions that need an upgrade including QB, right side of OL, several positions on DL, and LB.

Unless Peterman tears it up right from the get go McDermott doesn't seem like the type to go into a season without a FA vet for insurance.

Edited by billsfan60

Even if Peterman lights it up, even if he leads us the rest of the way to the playoffs...you draft someone else high at QB. You also sign a vet QB for the QB room. You go all in on that position. We FINALLY are in position to have solidarity at the most important position in pro sports. Don't mess that up because a rookie 5th rounder goes on a hot streak.

47 minutes ago, nuklz2594 said:

Peterman is not going to be "effective" -- whatever you mean by that -- for any longer than it takes for DCs to figure him out, if he even can put up a reasonable facsimile of an NFL QB for that long.   He has a crappy OL, a terrible receiver corps, no running game, and a defense that's virtually been MIA the last two games.  How the hell can any QB, especially a rookie,  look "effective" when saddled with those liabilities?  Dream on.

Oh, and the Bills will most definitely be drafting a QB in the first round in 2018 even if there's no QB worth picking in the first or second like there wasn't in 2013.

Edited by SoTier

To me, it depends on how well he plays.  If he kills it and takes the league by storm, i'll draft one anywhere after the first 2 rounds looking for his backup.  If he does well, I'll draft a 2nd rounder unless there's one guy in the draft that we just fall in love with.  If he is average or sucks, 1st rounder all day baby!  But I like the kid, I think he can do well.  Reminds me of the Kirk Cousins situation in Washington with RG3. Maybe he's our Cousins?

I think Tyrod is done in Buffalo no matter how Peterman plays.

This move is clearly THE signal that our future at QB is either Peterman or whatever guy we're inevitably going to draft in the 1st or 2nd round next year, but more likely the 1st.

Picking up Tyrod's option next year just doesn't make any financial sense for the team if he's the backup.

I just can't see him streaking at the game ;)

Oh you meant play decent.....the kid has been putting in his time.

I hope he turns into a Stud QB.

I think our fan base deserves one 20 years after Kelly retired