Grills

dib

Looking to replace my Weber summit 4 burner grill. We’ve had it about 10 years and used the snot out of it.  Wondering if I should get another Weber or does someone have a better gas grill idea.

Amazing Ribs grill reviews will tell you all you need to know!

http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment_reviews_ratings/reviews_ratings

BTW, I also have a Weber Summit Gold, about 13 years old now, love it, so replaced all the innards this spring. Good as new, quite a bit cheaper than buying new. The lid still kinds fudged up on the inside, but thats sign of a good, well used, grill!

Edited by plenzmd1

15 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

BTW, I also have a Weber Summit Gold, about 13 years old now, love it, so replaced all the innards this spring. Good as new, quite a bit cheaper than buying new. The lid still kinds fudged up on the inside, but thats sign of a good, well used, grill!

Just eat the food!  Do NOT look inside my grill. It’s for the best. 

I burn it off from time to time, and I think that can been seen from space. 

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

You’re a sick man.... :lol: 

You noticed? 

Back to grills - America’s Test Kitchen did a best grill segment recently, but I can’t find my notes. Our Weber grill came with the house 8 years ago, and was here a while before that. It’s hooked to the house’s natural gas which is my first time for that and it’s FANTASTIC! But the burners and now the starter have seen better days. ATK had a Weber for around $500 (I think) as the best grill and bargain. 

Edited by Augie

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Dib - Find an old widow in your neighborhood. Some weekend she’ll cook some burgers for family or friends. That night she’ll probably leave her grill out for the night. That Weber is there for the taking. Enjoy. 

If she leaves it out overnight to cool it's public property according to a guy I know. He gets all kind of good stuff that way.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Dib - Find an old widow in your neighborhood. Some weekend she’ll cook some burgers for family or friends. That night she’ll probably leave her grill out for the night. That Weber is there for the taking. Enjoy. 

Do people bring the grill in? 

I just don’t put the cover on until it’s well cooled. 

7 minutes ago, mead107 said:

I don’t even cover it any more.  It’s about 11 years old.  Needs new burners.  Inside coating peeling.  

The Weber rep at Home Depot told us it’s only.....years of caked on cooked food? UMMM, Flavor! 

(Looks like cancer to me :huh:

14 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

That website is a punch in the balls.

11 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

If she leaves it out overnight to cool it's public property according to a guy I know. He gets all kind of good stuff that way.

Anything left within 5 feet of the road is fair game.

21 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

That website is a punch in the balls.

not quite sure I follow

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Anything left within 5 feet of the road is fair game.

Man, ain't that the truth in WNY. Not like that in VA, but then again we can actually go to the dump and get rid of stuff.