Need to put a safety on kamara

The juice

You can put a safety on him but that will stress our secondary too much 

our safeties are the reason we have given up few big passing plays and putting a safety on kamara will open up downfield throws

in our zone heavy scheme I would think bracket covering him inside/outside would be the way to go

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

You can put a safety on him but that will stress our secondary too much 

our safeties are the reason we have given up few big passing plays and putting a safety on kamara will open up downfield throws

in our zone heavy scheme I would think bracket covering him inside/outside would be the way to go

I was going to say something similar to this.  So if we did put a safety on him, we would have to run a Cover 1 most of the day?

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I was going to say something similar to this.  So if we did put a safety on him, we would have to run a Cover 1 most of the day?

Im sure brees would love that. 

This week is going to come down to two simple things:

1. How are defense performs in the red zone. 

2. Who wins the turnover battle. 

I have no illusions that our defense is going to shut down Brees. I feel Brees is going to carve up our D between the 20’s.  How our defense holds up once the Saints get into the  redzone will be the major deciding factor in this game. 

And of course, turnovers. We cant lose the turnover battle vs Brees. Simple as that really. 

2 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Im sure brees would love that. 

This week is going to come down to two simple things:

1. How are defense performs in the red zone. 

2. Who wins the turnover battle. 

I have no illusions that our defense is going to shut down Brees. I feel Brees is going to carve up our D between the 20’s.  How our defense holds up once the Saints get into the  redzone will be the major deciding factor in this game. 

And of course, turnovers. We cant lose the turnover battle vs Brees. Simple as that really. 

Yeah there's no way I would run a Cover 1 against Brees....it would be like what Fitz did to us last TNF in week 2.

I agree with both 1 and 2.  Brees will get his 300+.....if we hold them to FG's, we probably win.  If they're touchdowns....our Sunday is ruined.  

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah there's no way I would run a Cover 1 against Brees....it would be like what Fitz did to us last TNF in week 2.

I agree with both 1 and 2.  Brees will get his 300+.....if we hold them to FG's, we probably win.  If they're touchdowns....our Sunday is ruined.  

Yup. If we can hold at least 2 of their drives in the red zone to 3 points as opposed to TD’s thatll be the difference between them scoring 20-25 on us and them scoring 28-33 on us; and most certainly the difference between a W/L

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

There would be a few ways you could do it.

Cover 1 would be one of those ways.

i would think a big dime set with a safety moved down to WLB in cover 2 man would     Alleviate some of the stress on the secondary keeping 2 safeties high while having a safety on kamara

but we would need really sticky man coverage because Brees makes quick decisions 

so I don't like those options

Edited by Buffalo716

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

He said it in a way like he knew that was the game plan. And I have to say I like it. Micah Hyde is a stud.

Micah is absolutely a stud but if he's covering a back all game he won't be near all those tipped balls in the middle of the field

but I'm sure he would be excellent on him

I think this is something we need.  A safety that can play in the box.  Carolina drafted Shaq Thompson a few years ago to be that in the box safety that can cover runningbacks and tight ends.

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Micah is absolutely a stud but if he's covering a back all game he won't be near all those tipped balls in the middle of the field

but I'm sure he would be excellent on him

You're absolutely right, keep him where he does best...playing that free safety playmaking position

24 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

If this is true why aren't we running the same sets with Shady?  He's an even tougher matchup out of the backfield.

Kamara is heavily involved in the passing games. Option routes, split wide, etc. 

I'd guess our passing game is not that complex. 

• Like (+1) 1