Official fire Rick Dennison thread

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think the throwing short of the sticks on 3rd down is a Tyrod career problem.  It has been more of an issue this year and it was a PARTICULAR problem against the Saints when he did it 4 times.  2 of which he had obvious open receivers down the football field.  That one game doesn't define his career though.  There are bigger Tyrod issues than throwing short on 3rd down.  

Yes... it was absolutely a big problem against the Saints.  But overall it hasn't been a "problem" this year because he's successfully converting 3rd downs.

Yet, people point to that Saints game as though it's an overall representation of what Taylor does on 3rd and 4th down, which is just ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes... it was absolutely a big problem against the Saints.  But overall it hasn't been a "problem" this year because he's successfully converting 3rd downs.

Yet, people point to that Saints game as though it's an overall representation of what Taylor does on 3rd and 4th down, which is just ridiculous.

I think people point to the Saints game because it was particularly egregious and absurd.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

converting 3rd downs means sustaining drives. where are the points?

one td last week but converting 3rd downs have been real successful.

exactly ...  

The team improved 3rd down conversions yet still have no additional points to show for it.    

Imagine how inept the Bills offense would be w/o House Money nailing  around 5 or so  50 + FG's 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

You can't argue with the facts big fella. Hang in there.

There's absolutely no way you are going to convince me that the 2014 Ravens offense was good when I can't remember them being good and it was only 3 years ago. For a team like the Ravens that is always driven by defense, if they had an actually good offensive team it would be surprising and noticeable.

1 minute ago, JM57 said:

There's absolutely no way you are going to convince me that the 2014 Ravens offense was good when I can't remember them being good and it was only 3 years ago. For a team like the Ravens that is always driven by defense, if they had an actually good offensive team it would be surprising and noticeable.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rav/2014.htm

I can't help with the memory issues.

9 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

The short ones are the ones he's converting. 10th in the league when they're 1 or 2 yards, 14th when they're 3 or 4 yards and 17th when longer.

Not a clue where you're getting your information from, but the only one you got right is that he's 10th when they're 1 or 2 yards.

He's 8th from 3-7 yards.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&rank=048&type=Passing&year=2017

He's 15th when 8+ yards.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&rank=047&type=Passing&year=2017

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Both finished as the 9th ranked offense by DVOA in their respective years.

2015 Bills were 12 in Pass & 2 in Run

2014 Ravens were 6 in Pass & 18 in Run

Who cares what they were in pass and run?  Yards and points count the same no matter how you get them.

2014 Ravens were 8th in points, 12th in yards

2015 Bills were 12th in points, 13th in yards

Ravens better.

Edited by jmc12290

Just now, jmc12290 said:

Who cares what they were in pass and run?  Yards and points count the same no matter how you get them.

2014 Ravens were 8th in points, 12th in yards

2015 Bills were 12th in points, 13th in yards

Ravens better.

And adjusted for opponents (DVOA) they were both 9th.

7 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

(this is like a double dare)   

He's got a nice smile?  Oh and He's a Captain on the team!

When he executes the planned QB run he does real good. 

He is very accurate in checkdown passes. 

His continued trust in Zay is good (could be better across the board) 

I have been complimentary.  It's the justified criticism that sticks out to his fans.

We've beaten this horse to dust.  

And yet you continue to beat that horse with everyone else :flirt:

2 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

I think people point to the Saints game because it was particularly egregious and absurd.

It was.

But it was an outlier.

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

converting 3rd downs means sustaining drives. where are the points?

one td last week but converting 3rd downs have been real successful.

Well I dunno, but it doesn't help that 4 out of 12 of our drives ended because of a called run.  3 of those were stuffed for 2 yards or less.  The other was a 4 yard gain...

on 3rd and 6  :thumbdown:

43 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Well I dunno, but it doesn't help that 4 out of 12 of our drives ended because of a called run.  3 of those were stuffed for 2 yards or less.  The other was a 4 yard gain...

on 3rd and 6  :thumbdown:

But WE ARE A RUN ORIENTED team.  

Why is that?  

9 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Anyway, I think if you're going to trust in Kubiak as an offensive mind, you have to give the benefit of the doubt to his right hand man. When Kubiak was an HC, and Rico his OC, you have to imagine Kubiak considered Rico's contribution valuable. 

That doesnt mean he gets to ride Kubiak's coattails forever. But I don't think it should be tossed either.

....and I'm certain Payton found his OC Doug Marrone a valuable contributor with Saints.......with the Big Dawgs BOTH being offensive minded, Dennison and Marrone were more assistants versus bonafide OC's......