30 years ago today in Bills history - Oct. 31, 1987

nichebiche

Leo Roth‏ @leoroth 8m8 minutes ago

More

Not like Bennett trade of 30 years ago but Benjamin a nice Halloween treat for Bills fans. Finally a GM with NFL contacts & guts @DandC

I find this to be silly. Is Roth insinuating that Whaley and Russ before him didn't know the other GMs and vice versa? Very hard to believe.

Biscuit and 1987 almost seem like yesterday in Bills history to me. How did the time pass so fast? I truly hope the current resurgeance is a doppelgänger of 86-87 or even better than that! It is time. We have suffered long enough. Multiple runs at the Super Bowl are in order. So many good fans have passed during the drought. It's soon time to get it done. Then get it done again. Then yet again.

Crazy day. I thought Super Bowls in future.

Then first year of biscuit and how he came off the edge like a lion and put pressure on the QB almost at will only to very seldom get a sack.

A harbinger of what was to come in 1990 91 92 93

Edited by cba fan

Was at a Halloween party when I heard about the trade. That was the biggest trade in Bills history imo and started

the greatness that was to become.

I was a season ticket holder for 10 years by that time and that first game was unlike any other before it for me.

I’ll never forget that day and trade. Greg Bell was shipped off to LA and the rest is history. Polian made his mark that day.

I feel like Bennett is the forgotten Super Bowl Buffalo Bill. Nowadays everybody refers to the Big 4(Kelly, Bruce, Thurman, Andre) but go back and watch games from those prime Super Bowl years and The Biscuit was right up there on their Superstar level. Now I realize he didn't have the longevity here in Buffalo as the other four but he played a MAJOR role in the Super Bowl runs. I hope we get to see his name on the Wall of Fame someday soon.

It was awesome to watch that.... thanks for sharing.

will always, always, remember his first snap!

First game was against the Broncos. if memory recalls first or second defensive series they lined Bennett & Smith up on the same side, Elway saw that & called a timeout.

I still love that Monday night game against the Broncos the year later when Smith & Bennett crushed Elway & Dierdorf who was announcing the game said "Smith & Bennett are playing a little game of meet me at the Quarterback." Bills lost that game but it was still a classic line.

Edited by Gordio