Alcohol giant moves into weed.

PromoTheRobot

And states are making sure those towns don't get a cut of mj tax revenue. We'll see how long they will resist.

a tax hungry city or county will inevitably sue the state. And a tax hungry federal government will sue a state soon, too

Great move for Constellation Brands.

Not only do they get into a product that may soon be legal in Canada but they can also get in on the CBD/Hemp oil business which is legal in all 50 states. The hemp oil that I use is made in Canada.

Edited by frostbitmic

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

$35 to buy a small bag of good quality medical marijuana in Los Angeles, enough to roll five or six joints.

Jesus where do I sign up!?!?!?! 

Even $50 or $60 for that much is a bargain!!! 

Well it's all relative.  How big to you roll em? 

On 10/30/2017 at 1:26 PM, Boyst62 said:

it will be interesting if all 50 can get it legalized before the federal government does. The battle ensuing that event would be epically funny.

Some towns and cities are battling states already

IF it happens, it will be interesting. But the chances of that happening are extremely slim, IMO. Typically these things get rolling at the state level, become the overwhelming consensus of the country, as a whole, and the Federal law changes before all 50 states. At least that's my recollection. And I said "typically", not always. 

9 hours ago, Gary M said:

Honestly I have no issue with that. If that's what it takes to get the ridiculous prohibition repealed, then so be it. Even at the "sticker shock" prices, it's quite reasonable to get quality/safe product, without having to deal with a drug dealer and engaging in criminal activity.

The mention of a huge black market, even after it's legal, makes me chuckle a bit. Is there a huge black market for alcohol or tobacco, now? I know there is some black market for these things-- I'm Sicilian (hell, there's a black market for just about everything), but I can't see how this doesn't put a huge hit into the current illegal drug market. 

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Tobacco - I'd say yes.   State Taxes are HUGE.

Virginia - Carton = $53  

Rochester - Carton = $100+   

Double your money easily.

Don't forget Indian Res cigs.

There definately is a black market, but I think it's relatively minor as a percentage of total cigarette sales.  I'd expect something like that with pot, too. 

9 hours ago, The Dean said:

IF it happens, it will be interesting. But the chances of that happening are extremely slim, IMO. Typically these things get rolling at the state level, become the overwhelming consensus of the country, as a whole, and the Federal law changes before all 50 states. At least that's my recollection. And I said "typically", not always. 

Honestly I have no issue with that. If that's what it takes to get the ridiculous prohibition repealed, then so be it. Even at the "sticker shock" prices, it's quite reasonable to get quality/safe product, without having to deal with a drug dealer and engaging in criminal activity.

The mention of a huge black market, even after it's legal, makes me chuckle a bit. Is there a huge black market for alcohol or tobacco, now? I know there is some black market for these things-- I'm Sicilian (hell, there's a black market for just about everything), but I can't see how this doesn't put a huge hit into the current illegal drug market. 

Excessive prices are not going to be a problem in a legal environment, quite the opposite.  Legalization is going to result in massive increases in supply as big money interests get involved, it is already happening.  

23 minutes ago, The Dean said:

There definately is a black market, but I think it's relatively minor as a percentage of total cigarette sales.  I'd expect something like that with pot, too. 

Its been a while but aren't  Indian Res cigs off brands?   aka low grade?

Cheap is cheap though 

16 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

One hitter is all I use when I use.  

No waste that way. 

In that case $40 will last a long time.  An 1/8th is $40-50 and that will increase dramatically when the state gets their grubby hands on it when it becomes officially legal recreationally Jan 1st.   

On 10/31/2017 at 1:40 PM, Fan in San Diego said:

Good luck with that. Mold and bugs would destroy the crop, it has to be grow indoors and climate controlled to get best results.

What about Maui Wowy?  **** has been great since the 60's

16 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

One hitter is all I use when I use.  

No waste that way. 

crushed ice bong hit is the best bang for the buck.  That will set you straight first thing in the am

4 hours ago, The Dean said:

i'd assume so too.  it would likely be someone who is good at growing, that provides pot to a smaller group for a decent price.

12 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Its been a while but aren't  Indian Res cigs off brands?   aka low grade?

Cheap is cheap though 

I'm not a cig smokers.

But many have told me the Smokin Joe's were as good as, or better than, American Spirits. Supposedly the Joe's cigs were 100% tobacco, and all that. I used to pick up cartons when I went back to WNY for friends, and everyone was very excited to get them.  Maybe just because they were cheap.

9 hours ago, The Dean said:

I'm not a cig smokers.

But many have told me the Smokin Joe's were as good as, or better than, American Spirits. Supposedly the Joe's cigs were 100% tobacco, and all that. I used to pick up cartons when I went back to WNY for friends, and everyone was very excited to get them.  Maybe just because they were cheap.

As the saying goes .... Beggars can't be choosers 

We usually bring up 2 cartons when we visit family in Rochester.  One for us and I give the other to the family we stay with.