The drive after Oakland scored to make it 27-14...

BillsFan130

They didn't try the onsides because the Bills were totally ready for it.

Then "Plan B" should have been to kick it just over their heads, but not into the endzone. Best case (for the Raiders) is that there's a loose ball in the confusion and they recover it. Worst case, they pin the Bills deep.

I was pleasantly astonished when the ball sailed into the endzone.

Then "Plan B" should have been to kick it just over their heads, but not into the endzone. Best case (for the Raiders) is that there's a loose ball in the confusion and they recover it. Worst case, they pin the Bills deep.

I was pleasantly astonished when the ball sailed into the endzone.

That was the plan as Del Rio was screaming at his kicker.

It was huge, and much like last week, it was something that we havent seen from Bills teams in recent memory. Oakland managed to score relatively quickly, putting pressure on our offense to get something done. They did a great job of responding in that spot. As a side note, I thought it was idiotic that Oakland didnt attempt an onside with the kickoff at the fifty after a Bills penalty on their XP.

They didn't try the onsides because the Bills were totally ready for it.

I thanked the Oakland kicker in the chat room when he went for the touchback. If I'm not mistaken we had this same situation against the Jets and Hauscha kicked it near the goal line giving the team great field position. Big mistake by Del Rio, IMO.

To me, what was more key was going for it on 4th and goal. That was a move to put the game away and it did. Not an easy call.

Ya I am glad they went for it though.

Even if the Bills don't get it, Oakland has to start from their own 1 yard line still down 2 scores

To me, what was more key was going for it on 4th and goal. That was a move to put the game away and it did. Not an easy call.

yes, agreed.

The raiders not kicking an inside kick was giving up, too. Body language was done after that score. I was amazed they even scored, tbh

The drive after... The Bills take over 5 minutes off the clock, make Oakland use a timeout, convert key third downs, and essentially killed all the momentum Oakland had and salted the game away.

I forever have a pit in my stomach, but after they got the first down, I was reminded of a big drive they had against Atlanta. They killed something like 12 minutes on one drive. Granted, they came away with only three at the time, but they didn't need points on that drive yesterday. They needed to kill the clock, and I don't mind admitting how much fun it was to see them do it with confidence.

Maybe someday I'll have confidence as well.

I forever have a pit in my stomach, but after they got the first down, I was reminded of a big drive they had against Atlanta. They killed something like 12 minutes on one drive. Granted, they came away with only three at the time, but they didn't need points on that drive yesterday. They needed to kill the clock, and I don't mind admitting how much fun it was to see them do it with confidence.

Maybe someday I'll have confidence as well.

Exactly. For now let's just hope they keep proving us wrong because to your point, it really is a lot of fun witnessing it