D&C's Roth: Dareus Sacked Himself

....pretty interesting read.................

D&C's Roth: Dareus Sacked Himself

The Buffalo Bills 2017 media guide tells us that the best advice Marcell Dareus ever received was gleaned from a quote attributed to the great American distance runner Steve Prefontaine: “To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.’’

There is no doubt that at one point in Dareus’ life he followed this advice to the letter.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/columnist/roth/2017/10/28/buffalo-bills-marcell-dareus-trade/809378001/

I'm still mystified by the Glenn thing. Glenn is a good player and has been no trouble for the team.

Dumb trade, but I understand why they did it.

If you understand the trade, you'd realize it isn't dumb at all.

Dont like what they got back but understand why he was dumped. Good article

If you understand why he was dumped , you'd realize why you got back what you did.

The desire to perform left him when he signed his name and was guaranteed 60 million.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Dareus goes to J’ville and has a good second half to the season. I will be surprised if next season he shows any fire.

Bingo

I still feel like we should have gotten at least a 3rd or 4th for him.

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!

Don't you think we would have if we could have?

The desire to perform left him when he signed his name and was guaranteed 60 million.

I wouldnt be surprised if Dareus goes to Jville and has a good second half to the season. I will be surprised if next season he shows any fire.

Maybe Marrone can light a fire under him.

I dont see any veteran leadership on the D for him to lean on. Pos? :lol: Maybe Campbell.

Thats why in the end MD may have sacked himself, but he was drafted into a bad situation. Everyone loves Meatball, but Chris Kelsay and Kyle werent the role models he needed going into the NFL.