Cookie Gilchrist Headed to the Bills' Wall of Fame on Sunday

Cookie probably won't even show up for his own enshrinement. And yes, I know that he's dead. But people come back from the dead all the time. Or so I have heard.

He was, however, one of the great backs and personalities in the NFL, and way ahead of his time. Long overdue.

At the time he may have been the second best back in pro football behind Jim Brown. He was definitely a personality, a difficult one to deal with.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This means we will lose. Wall of game games get ugly.

I wish I could pull a stat, but recent memory is all I got

Bills vs. Colts 2015 with Lou Saban honored: Bills Win

Bills vs. Vikings 2014 with Van Miller honored: Bills Win

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Bills vs. Colts 2015 with Lou Saban honored: Bills Win

Bills vs. Vikings 2014 with Van Miller honored: Bills Win

Keep going....

Didnt we lose when Thurman, Daryl, and Ralph was honored most recently.

Im too lazy to google

Considering number of games he played it should be on wall of restroom.

Bob Kalsu played one season. Van Miller never suited up (would have been a helluva waterboy, though). Cookie's value to the history of the Bills is far greater than 3-years of service would imply.

Bob Kalsu played one season. Van Miller never suited up (would have been a helluva waterboy, though). Cookie's value to the history of the Bills is far greater than 3-years of service would imply.

Ralph Wilson is up there as well so Van Miller never playing has nothing to do with him being on wall. Bob Kalsu is a special case as you very well know.

Ralph Wilson is up there as well so Van Miller never playing has nothing to do with him being on wall. Bob Kalsu is a special case as you very well know.

I believe they are ALL special cases---that's why it's the Wall of Fame, and not the Wall of Extended Service.

....wonder what or if there is an actual qualifying criteria to make it to the WOF.......stats?....feel good story?.......longevity?......who really knows?...........

....wonder what or if there is an actual qualifying criteria to make it to the WOF.......stats?....feel good story?.......longevity?......who really knows?...........

I think the criteria is how meaningful the player was to the team.

Cookie was meaningful.