2017 World Series Thread

Gugny

That's great. I had a similar arrangement, albeit for only one season.

My last gig, before moving to St Augustine, was in SF. My office was directly across the street from AT&T Park. You can even watch 3-innings (or more, if there is nobody waiting), for free, through an observation area, outside the stadium. Pretty cool. Grab a beer and a hot dog, or slice, walk over and watch a couple innings at lunch. Or just schedule an afternoon "meeting" and take in a few innings with a gen admin ticket.

Loved it.

Congrats to the Astros!!

Nice, that's a great neighborhood. I'm two block away at 2nd and Bryant. Moving to Mission St in a few weeks and will miss the South Park/AT&T area.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, that's a great neighborhood. I'm two block away at 2nd and Bryant. Moving to Mission St in a few weeks and will miss the South Park/AT&T area.

Yes, you'll probably miss it, but you will have another neighborhood to explore, a bit more. I'd love to be able to move back. There are a great number of neighborhoods where I think I could be very happy--you know, if I could afford to live there. I'm just happy I got to live there on two separate occasions. Enjoy it.

Yes, you'll probably miss it, but you will have another neighborhood to explore, a bit more. I'd love to be able to move back. There are a great number of neighborhoods where I think I could be very happy--you know, if I could afford to live there. I'm just happy I got to live there on two separate occasions. Enjoy it.

Yeah, it's fun being in the city every day, just like in NYC. New office will be right near Union Square. But I was laughing with someone tonight that I managed to find the one place in the country that makes Fairfield County look reasonable.

The prices are ridiculous but for now we're drinking the Marin Kool-Aid and figuring out the long term housing situation.

I love going to a baseball game---particularly a day game. Nice relaxing afternoon.

This is the best way to take in baseball

After it being slow and boring, the nebulous strike zone is what I hate most about baseball. Who’s the fat chump back there who thinks HE gets to decide what’s a strike? I think they had that out a few years ago, but I don’t like the umps trying to decide how the game is played, each with their own strike zone.

But I actually DO enjoy baseball as a background sport/sound track. Weird, maybe....

But, this is the 2nd best way. I'm able to follow a game and get "thinking" work done. Unlike any other sport.

Well....they not only had one more run than the Dodgers they had 4 more AND they did get those 27 outs.

Congratulations to the Houston Astros!

I'm old and grew up watching you as the Houston Colt 45's

Congrats on getting both the run differential and outs that you wanted!

Congrats to the Astros!

If Dave Roberts knew that Kershaw was going to be good for that many innings, then Dave Roberts should have either a) started him; or b) had him warming up before the game started.

Once the game was 2-0, Darvish should have been yanked.

Roberts managed this entire series with bad moves, bad non-moves and a few head-scratchers that luckily went his way.

I'm taking nothing away from the Astros. They are the better team and they deserved to win.

But, man .... Roberts was horrible.

Wasnt going to root for the dodgers, national league fan here. Hate the dodgers from a mccovey fan. Very impressed by the astros. Great for the city of Houston too.

Edited by Helpmenow

We lived at Brannan and the Embarcadaro and then later moved up to Brannan and 8th. It was fun but that city has its issues. Sure every city does but where most want to fix them SF seems to consider it part of its charm. Dont regret it one bit but so glad to be back in the OC.

Woo-hoo! Watched the game in the bar near South Park, on the ferry to Marin and made it home for the last two outs.

Happy for the 'Stors, happy Utley lost (even if they didn't bean him), happy to join the Bay Area bandwagon that wanted the Dodgers to lose. It's like they're the West Coast Yankees!

Ha! I took those boats on the reverse commute for a decade or so. Lived in SF, worked in San Rafael. Greatest commute to work ever devised- especially from my side. 400 of you sardines would get off, and about 8 of us would get on.

One thing I did miss was the 5:20 Spaulding run though, sounds like quite the party

And for all of the probably no one who's concerned, I did survive the Dodgers loss.

They out-managed themselves, but they're the more talented team, they'll learn, and they'll be back.

Now off to the Jest!!!

Edited by BringMetheHeadofLeonLett

Wasnt going to root for the dodgers, national league fan here. Hate the dodgers from a mccovey fan. Very impressed by the astros. Great for the city of Houston too.

I was thinking about Houston and for being the 4th largest city in the country, I wouldn't know what city it was by a picture of it. I have no idea of even one landmark or anything.............Unlike probably the vast majority of cities with major teams that are less populous.