Clinton Campaign paid for Bogus Trump Dossier

Back at the thread....................

The Russia Dossier Story: A Perfect Storm of Clinton Deception, Media Irresponsibility, and Democratic Moral Blindness
by David French
Remember that infamous Russian “dossier,” the unverified document that BuzzFeed unceremoniously dumped into the public square earlier this year? You might recall it as making a series of incredibly salacious and completely unproven accusations against the sitting president of the United States. Well, it turns out that it was a piece of partisan opposition research, bought and paid for by the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee, both of which then denied having anything to do with it after the fact.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/453104/russia-dossier-story-clinton-lies-media-irresponsibility-democratic-moral-blindness
UH OH: Former Hillary spox: “She may have known” about dossier funding..............that's not what the Nets are parroting

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This crew was just a mass of perfect targets:

Paul Manafort: Money
Anyone who has lobbied on behalf of leaders ranging from Zaire’s Mobutu Sese Seko to the Philippines’ Ferdinand Marcos to Equatorial Guinea’s Teodoro Obiang likely has no set ideology or moral compass and is motivated primarily by making money. People like this make very good targets. There is no emotion involved. Getting the person to do something is a fairly straightforward transaction. For example, getting someone to buy real estate to help launder Russian funds, in return for a handsome fee, would be a pretty simple transaction. As soon as the person has done it one time, it is much easier to get them to do something else for you.

A real opportunity came when Manafort went to work on the campaign of Viktor Yanukovych for president of Ukraine. Yanukovych was close to Russian leader Vladimir Putin and was corrupt. By being willing to play in these circles, Manafort signaled his willingness to look the other way as long as the payoff was right. A ledger found in Yanukovych’s abandoned palace showed he was paid $12 million (Manafort denied taking such payments, but the AP has confirmed that two of his companies did indeed receive part of this money). Putin pal Oleg Deripaska reportedly paid him $10 million a year to push Putin’s agenda. Press reports also state he received loans of up to $60 million from Deripaska.

Was he in debt, which made him vulnerable to coercion? Or were these loans not actually loans, but payments that Manafort was never expected to pay back? Either way, money was clearly Manafort’s weakness, and Russian intelligence would have known that, given his demonstrated willingness to work for just about anyone with deep pockets.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/10/26/trump-team-prey-putin-215743

What a bunch of bunk. "Don't believe your lying eyes" argument.

Trump is so obviously connected to Russia and all his lies, all the corrupt officials of his, all the money laundering and shady business deals are just suppose to be ignored.

Let's not forget that Putin's government is a criminal gang and they have their hooks in our bigoted president

So unlike the Clinton Uranium deal, yes?

I wonder what you'd be saying if Hillary had won the election and people were bringing up the Uranium deal -- "don't believe your lying eyes"?

So just to be clear...this dossier came from the Clinton campaign and the DNC, through, Perkins-Cole, through Fusion GPS, from Christopher Steele who got as raw intel from Russian sources.

But everything that comes from Trump's people is "fake news" because he's colluding with the Russians?

It's like the Clinton campaign lost, then said "Let's accuse the Trump campaign of everything we did."

So unlike the Clinton Uranium deal, yes?

I wonder what you'd be saying if Hillary had won the election and people were bringing up the Uranium deal -- "don't believe your lying eyes"?

Her department was just one of eleven agencies that signed off on the deal.

Educate yourself. You are a citizen of a Republic and if you allow yourself to be deceived so easily it hurts us all

Maybe some day Obama will apologize to Trump for a fake story started by Clinton. Then the circle will be complete.

That's not even close to what that article is about

So just to be clear...this dossier came from the Clinton campaign and the DNC, through, Perkins-Cole, through Fusion GPS, from Christopher Steele who got as raw intel from Russian sources.

But everything that comes from Trump's people is "fake news" because he's colluding with the Russians?

It's like the Clinton campaign lost, then said "Let's accuse the Trump campaign of everything we did."

No. First off it was Republicans that funded the research and the findings were not released until after the election by Buzzfeed.

And Trump and his people have lied again and again, so YES that is fake news he never met with, never had anything at all to do with Russia. Fake, fake Fake

Political queues from Goebbels.

Her department was just one of eleven agencies that signed off on the deal. And the Electoral College signed off on the election results...and no agency has found any collusion...Why are your excuses better than anyone else's?

Educate yourself. You are a citizen of a Republic and if you allow yourself to be deceived so easily it hurts us all

That's not even close to what that article is about I wasn't talking about the article, itself. I was talking about the issue and how it came about. Just like the birther B.S. concocted by Clinton when she ran against Obama.

No. First off it was Republicans that funded the research and the findings were not released (except the time Clinton called Trump a Russian puppet during the debate - and every time on the campaign trail) until after the election by Buzzfeed. (and in between the election and inauguration day, the Obama Administration made sure to put the findings in everyone's ear.)

And Trump and his people have lied again and again, so YES that is fake news he never met with, never had anything at all to do with Russia. Fake, fake Fake

I've said it before, I don't have you on "ignore". I just read all your crap and ignore it on my own, but sometimes it's too much. Have a nice day. I'll go back to reading, but avoiding contact with you.

I've said it before, I don't have you on "ignore". I just read all your crap and ignore it on my own, but sometimes it's too much. Have a nice day. I'll go back to reading, but avoiding contact with you.

:beer:

I'd say the firm and producers of the dossier were well paid for their work. Was it $9 million? How many hours does it take to produce fictional information? Pretty good gig.

Ask Greg.

Considering the lack of proof reading inherent in the document, and the amount of care put into it, I imagine Steele logged a solid three hours writing up his "reports". Three mill per hour - that's pretty, pretty, PRETTY good...

You got a hell of a knack for putting things in perspective