Jason Peters suspected ACL/MCL tears

Big Turk

..agree on your sentiment and the late Eugene Parker fanned the flames....just a pretty significant injury is all I was saying......only consolation is we got #28 pick in 2009 and grabbed Wood and Moats with the 2010 6th round pick........

I was going to say, the agent was a big part of the problem, but there was plenty of blame to go around on both side. It was just poorly handled all around.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peters has been dam good with Philly. 3 years first team All-Pro 2011, 2013, 2014), 1 time second team All-Pro (2010), in 10 years. He is the anchor to their O-line and has been since they traded for him. Not that the Bills lost him for nothing but they let a great talent slip for no reason other than they didn't want to pay him. We let him go and another team not only happily paid him but they gave up 3 draft picks including a 1st round pick to acquire him.

The Bills got lucky with Cordy Glenn 2 years later who has turned out to be a good LT. But the Bills should have realized what they had in Peters and done business with him. Even if Peters handled his business in a less than desirable way they should have known the type of talent they were letting go.

Bills lost him because an agent in hell now refused to talk about a contract regarding another player until Petered as given a new contract or traded first. He should have been disbarred as an agent using the contract of one player to advance his firm's reputation.

Bills lost him because an agent in hell now refused to talk about a contract regarding another player until Petered as given a new contract or traded first. He should have been disbarred as an agent using the contract of one player to advance his firm's reputation.

Sad to say but Eugene Parker's untimely death was lucky for the Bills.............he had identified the Bills as easy pickings because of their general stupidity and lack of commitment to winning and he was going to keep going to that well.

Peters is a jerk like Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Andre Reed, Thurman Thomas and Cornelius Bennett were jerks.

They'd all have done what Eugene Parker told them to do in that situation.

JK repeatedly, publicly verbally shat on Buffalo and went to the USFL to avoid Buffalo.

Bruce signed with Denver in FA but the Bills blocked him and he was in constant b*tch mode about his pay.

Reed, Thomas and Bennett were in seemingly constant turmoil over their contracts and Bennett backed out on a promise to allow the Bills to match any offer when he jumped ship, leaving John Butler totally shocked.

Sad to say but Eugene Parker's untimely death was lucky for the Bills.............he had identified the Bills as easy pickings because of their general stupidity and lack of commitment to winning and he was going to keep going to that well.

Sad? Why you will be to visit him when you reach the goal posts. The rest of post had nothing to do with him violation of ethics by using contract of one player to leverage another but obviously you think it is a good idea when it hurts the Bills .... as usual.

I liked Peters, and hated all the idiots quoting PFF with regards to Malone's Snow child. Don't get me wrong, but Bell sucked.

On a weird note, I am thinking McBeane is Gailey but for the defense. Flash in the pan.

I liked Peters, and hated all the idiots quoting PFF with regards to Malone's Snow child. Don't get me wrong, but Bell sucked.

On a weird note, I am thinking McBeane is Gailey but for the defense. Flash in the pan.

McBeane?

I'm no expert, but how is coaching up a bunch of unknowns to play solid, fundamental team defense "flash in the pan"?

Sad? Why you will be to visit him when you reach the goal posts. The rest of post had nothing to do with him violation of ethics by using contract of one player to leverage another but obviously you think it is a good idea when it hurts the Bills .... as usual.

Nobody reviled Parker more than I but nothing I can do about Russ being bad at being a GM.

He simply got outplayed.

He tried to use amateurish, outdated techniques like trying to negotiate in the media....... and then when he lost he dealt him to save face........dealing a future HOF OT rather than pay him the going rate of $1M per year more.

That $1M per year they saved also cost them guys like Lynch and Schobel.......who subsequently felt they could do the same things when THEY had no leverage.