Week 8 prospect watch

YoloinOhio

scUM ... I MEAN UM... travels to not so happy valley Sat night to take on the #2 team in the country in a yuuuuuge Big 10 matchup.

7:30 ABC

Who to watch for 2018 draft:

Michigan:

Maurice Hurst, DT

Mason Cole, C

Mike McCray, LB

PSU:

Saquan Barkley, RB

DaeSean Hamilton, WR

Mike Gesicki, TE

Trace McSorley, QB

Marcus Allen, S

We also have the classic USC - Notre Dame game at the same time, on NBC

ND is a quiet 6-1 and ranked #11.

This is a huge game for the Irish if they want to be considered for the cfb playoff. They have no conference championship but with their only loss to #3 Georgia, they are in the conversation

USC:

Sam Darnold, QB

Ronald Jones II, RB

Deontay Burnett, WR

Daniel Imatorbhebhe, TE

Porter Gustin, OLB

Notre Dame:

Mike McGlinchey, OT

Equanimeous St. Brown, WR

Quenton Nelson, OG

Niles Morgan, LB

Josh Adams, RB

Alize Mack, TE

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....so what's the prognostication in this tilt?......does Darnold prevail?......

This is a huge game for the Irish if they want to be considered for the cfb playoff. They have no conference championship but with their only loss to #3 Georgia, they are in the conversation

....so what's the prognostication in this tilt?......does Darnold prevail?......

it is being played in South Bend, and the Irish run game and pass D pose problems for USC. ND coming off a bye and USC DL is very banged up. Still, ND is only favored by 3.5. Edited by YoloinOhio

scUM ... I MEAN UM... travels to not so happy valley Sat night to take on the #2 team in the country in a yuuuuuge Big 10 matchup.

7:30 ABC

Who to watch for 2018 draft:

Michigan:

Maurice Hurst, DT

Mason Cole, C

Mike McCray, LB

PSU:

Saquan Barkley, RB

DaeSean Hamilton, WR

Mike Gesicki, TE

Trace McSorley, QB

Marcus Allen, S

USC:

Sam Darnold, QB

Ronald Jones II, RB

Deontay Burnett, WR

Daniel Imatorbhebhe, TE

Porter Gustin, OLB

Notre Dame:

Mike McGlinchey, OT

Equanimeous St. Brown, WR

Quenton Nelson, OG

Niles Morgan, LB

Josh Adams, RB

Alize Mack, TE

No good prospects from Tennessee or Alabama?

No good prospects from Tennessee or Alabama?

feel free to post them! I usually only have time to do big 10 and sometimes another big game of the week if there aren't a lot of quality big 10 matchups. We need an SEC contributor! I don't watch much SEC so would have to look everything up. Edited by YoloinOhio

Off the top of my head, RB Damien Harris and WR Calvin Ridley, RB Bo Scarbrough from Bama. I don't know the names on D for this year's draft but I'm sure there are plenty.

Edit: I think I've seen Matt Miller list Minkah Fitzpatrick but moving from CB to S.

Cornelius Bennett's son plays for UT but can't remember position. I listed their prospects way back in week 1 or 2.

RB prospect Rashaad Penny from SD St. is worth staying up late for on the east coast. He plays at 10:30 on the CBS sports network. Legit heisman candidate (won't win but could get an invite).

Edited by YoloinOhio

Tennessee at Alabama - 3:30 EST

For those of you who care about defensive backs:

Minkah Fitzpatrick (S):

This is a big, fast kid who can play safety, corner or nickel. He is very smart, perfectly coordinated, a great tackler, blitzes very well, and stays out off trouble off the field. If you listen to his interviews, he has total respect for Coach Saban and never gives him any grief. He's a junior but I think that he will declare. He might as well because if healthy he is a certain top 10 pick.

Ronnie Harrison (S)

He is listed at 6'3"/215 and has the body control of someone 5 inches shorter. Ronnie is already the hardest hitting safety I have seen in a very long time. He is a horizontal missile and reminds me a lot of Steve Atwater. Yeah, I said that. In addition to the hits, he covers very well and never gives up on a play Not ever. He will go all out to tackle a player on the 5 yard line in the 4th quarter with a 30 point lead. Saban has to watch him a bit because the kid can lose his temper. If Minkah wasn't coming out he would go earlier, but I expect a team to get lucky and get him late in round 1. They will be getting a predator. Another junior.

Calvin Ridley (WR)

A bit undersized but a nifty wide receiver with lots of speed and very good hands. Ridley seems to be open all the time. He has fresh legs whereas he plays with a quarterback who runs a lot. Ridley might be best suited in the NFL as a slot receiver, and I think an excellent one at that. He too is a junior. I think he will declare but he may surprise me and stay ala OJ Howard.

Bo Scarborough (RB)

Yet another junior, Bo is listed as 6'2"/235. He is a huge physical specimen, strong as an ox. His first step is not the fastest but with a little head of steam he picks up plenty of speed and he's very, very hard to tackle. He also is a very good blocker. I can see him getting drafted in round 3.

I don't have time to list the 15 or 20 other players who stand out :) but I would like you college gurus to tell me what you think of freshman WR Jerry Jeudy. He is small and was highly recruited by Clemson. Due to his limited size I couldn't understand why but he looks impossible to cover from where I sit. Saban only puts him in for a limited amount of plays but again, if any of you happen to see this game, please keep an eye on #4 and tell me what you see.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Tell me a little bit more about that Saquon Barkley kid.

I've heard of him

QB's to watch:

Rudolph 12pm ABC

Jackson 12pm ESPN

Mayfield 4pm FOX

Rosen 4pm (don't think it's on TV)

Darnold 730pm NBC

Falk 1045pm ESPN

Edited by kdiggz

Off the top of my head, RB Damien Harris and WR Calvin Ridley, RB Bo Scarbrough from Bama. I don't know the names on D for this year's draft but I'm sure there are plenty.

Edit: I think I've seen Matt Miller list Minkah Fitzpatrick but moving from CB to S.

Cornelius Bennett's son plays for UT but can't remember position. I listed their prospects way back in week 1 or 2.

RB prospect Bryce Love from SD St. is worth staying up late for on the east coast. He plays at 10:30 on the CBS sports network. Legit heisman candidate (won't win but could get an invite).

Bryce Love-Stanford

Rashaad Penny-SD.St

For those watching Iowa - NW prospects at noon on ESPN2

Iowa LB Josey Jewell is OUT for this game. RB Akrum Wadley is one to watch.

NW has S prospect Godwin Igwebuike and RB Justin Jackson. QB Clayton Thorson was one I was watching but has looked undraftable this season.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Bills scouts are at Bama-Tennessee and Michigan-PSU

@chasegoodbread

Two #Titans scouts at Alabama-Tennessee, per

@writingwalsh

Two from the Ravens as well, plus the Bears, Bills, Browns, Chiefs, Dolphins, Giants, Jets, Panthers, Patriots, Raiders + Vikings

Clubs scheduled to have scout at Penn State-Michigan game:

#Broncos

#Panthers

#Dolphins

#Falcons

#Bills

#Browns

Edited by YoloinOhio

RB prospect Rashaad Penny from SD St. is worth staying up late for on the east coast. He plays at 10:30 on the CBS sports network. Legit heisman candidate (won't win but could get an invite).

I wonder if "Biscuit" is routing for Bama or Vols?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.