Kaepernick Files Grievance Against NFL Owners

Foxx

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This floors me. In the interest of protecting myself from getting banned, I'm letting this conversation go with no further comment.

A 1997 CNN/Time poll of black college students showed that the majority of black students thought racism was a big problem in America, but 89% said it was not a big problem in their own lives.

The idea that growing up black in America means necessarily enduring significant racial hardship is baseless.

Edited by Rob's House

A 1997 CNN/Time poll of black college students showed that the majority of black students thought racism was a big problem in America, but 89% said it was not a big problem in their own lives.

The idea that growing up black in America means necessarily enduring significant racial hardship is baseless.

Said the white boy going to law school.

Stifle it with your 20 year old bull **** poll.

Sensing a lot of PC snowflake melts on the pig socks for what it's worth.

Not saying the response is unjustified, and at the same time, not saying we aren't over PC on some things...it's just maybe we could have some perspective and realize that we as humans get offended, and it sucks when it happens to you, so maybe don't intentionally do it to someone else?

And if people tell you they are offended, have some empathy and follow the golden rule, because someone might want to wear pig socks or kneel during an anthem to make a point some day, and if it genuinely offends you, then not being hypocritical is a good way to live one's life...a life free of contradiction.

Maybe if we do that, we can start laughing together about the crazy things we do as humans, without people feeling singled out, because we are definitely overly PC, but it comes in the form of rage lacking entirely in perspective and introspection, and it's a mob thing. Just chill a bit and think for a second...ya know?

Are you suggesting that racism toward minorities has gotten worse in the last 20 years?

I'm not saying that at all. Improvements HAD been made. a) there was still a VERY long way to go .. and b) the last year has taken us back more than 20 years.

Fixed that for you.

amen. From your own and phone to the gospel. If you had a son he would look just like that.

I'm not saying that at all. Improvements HAD been made. a) there was still a VERY long way to go .. and b) the last year has taken us back more than 20 years.

amuse me. Why? What in the last year has changed that was different 20 years ago?

I'm always curious how we know all this oppression exists. No one seems to have much evidence of it, I've spent my whole life in the south and have never seen it, and most of the oppressed seem not to be aware that they're being oppressed, yet there is this notion that it is not only out there, but pervasive. How do we know it's real?

amen. From your own and phone to the gospel. If you had a son he would look just like that.

amuse me. Why? What in the last year has changed that was different 20 years ago?

No way.

Fixed that for you.

I can agree with this. Not for the same reason you changed it; but I agree.

Almost 80% of kids in Broward county get free or subsidized lunches (largely minorities), and while it is socio economic, I believe it is a symptom of which the causes are the result of systemic racist practices such as red lining and building highways through middle class urban neighborhoods in the 50s and 60s, as well as preditory lending practices leading up to the great recession that led to people of color to lose a stagering amount more wealth than whites. It's not about money in your bank account, it's about wealth like property and other assets that can be passed down through families, and we as a nation have historically deprived black people access to build wealth. That is a issue that must be measured in generational impact, not in the short term.

It's not about being free of overt prejudice that we need to achieve, we have made great strides in that over the last many years, but it's the systemic remains of that prejudice that are so deeply rooted in a lack of wealth accumulation, that even the removal of all racism will not likely resolve on their own, and certainly not in a single generation. We need to step in and help, and forget morality, we cannot survive as a nation without a more balanced number of people being in the middle, and the people currently marginalized are more than capable of not just being in the middle, but driving the coubtry forward from thr middle.

As such, I don't think anything changed, I think YouTube and other social media is allowing us to see what is happening. The regualr media sold out for add revenue and their corporate sponsors did not want extreme poverty to dominate the local and national news.

It's like the Vietnam war, do you think our war tactics changed significantly (look at what happened in Guantanamo Bay), or do you think the government colluded with the networks to stop showing soldiers and civilians blown to pieces?

Nothing's changed except our ability to see it.

Almost 80% of kids in Broward county get free or subsidized lunches (largely minorities), and while it is socio economic, I believe it is a symptom of which the causes are the result of systemic racist practices such as red lining and building highways through middle class urban neighborhoods in the 50s and 60s, as well as preditory lending practices leading up to the great recession that led to people of color to lose a stagering amount more wealth than whites. It's not about money in your bank account, it's about wealth like property and other assets that can be passed down through families, and we as a nation have historically deprived black people access to build wealth. That is a issue that must be measured in generational impact, not in the short term.

It's not about being free of overt prejudice that we need to achieve, we have made great strides in that over the last many years, but it's the systemic remains of that prejudice that are so deeply rooted in a lack of wealth accumulation, that even the removal of all racism will not likely resolve on their own, and certainly not in a single generation. We need to step in and help, and forget morality, we cannot survive as a nation without a more balanced number of people being in the middle, and the people currently marginalized are more than capable of not just being in the middle, but driving the coubtry forward from thr middle.

As such, I don't think anything changed, I think YouTube and other social media is allowing us to see what is happening. The regualr media sold out for add revenue and their corporate sponsors did not want extreme poverty to dominate the local and national news.

It's like the Vietnam war, do you think our war tactics changed significantly (look at what happened in Guantanamo Bay), or do you think the government colluded with the networks to stop showing soldiers and civilians blown to pieces?

Nothing's changed except our ability to see it.

1) I fought in Vietnam. Don't speak for me.

I lived in Broward from 77-89, too

And 90% of what I say is purple elephant tictac juicy fruit

I'm always curious how we know all this oppression exists. No one seems to have much evidence of it, I've spent my whole life in the south and have never seen it, and most of the oppressed seem not to be aware that they're being oppressed, yet there is this notion that it is not only out there, but pervasive. How do we know it's real?

Mr gugneeyomasteinwood didn't offer an example. And thus. I don't think anyone can.

1) I fought in Vietnam. Don't speak for me.

I lived in Broward from 77-89, too

And 90% of what I say is purple elephant tictac juicy fruit

Mr gugneeyomasteinwood didn't offer an example. And thus. I don't think anyone can.

This isn't a joking matter.

This floors me. In the interest of protecting myself from getting banned, I'm letting this conversation go with no further comment.

Agreed. That's some ignorant stuff right there.

it isn't. It was hell, I tell you. My boy bubba was killed. Killed deal. He and I were tight. He was a minority,

:unsure:

it isn't. It was hell, I tell you. My boy bubba was killed. Killed deal. He and I were tight. He was a minority, so you know I'm not racist.

As one who is affiliated with a NFP who assists homeless vets ... most of whom are Vietnam vets ... I find this to be pretty offensive. It has nothing to do with the topic at hand and, frankly, there's never a good time to make fun of Vietnam vets.

I'm sure there are plenty of people on this board who either are, or know, Vietnam vets.

It's just not funny.

As one who is affiliated with a NFP who assists homeless vets ... most of whom are Vietnam vets ... I find this to be pretty offensive. It has nothing to do with the topic at hand and, frankly, there's never a good time to make fun of Vietnam vets.

I'm sure there are plenty of people on this board who either are, or know, Vietnam vets.

It's just not funny.

I'm just gonna take a knee, brah. I am protesting your treatment of telling me I am wrong. You didn't walk in my shoes or have the experience even if my name is Chester McHucklebuck - you just don't know.

It's just not funny.

I hope (s)he really did. Saying you did when you didn't is among the lowest of the low.

It does seem kindof odd to never mention it, but then bring it up in a racism discussion.

Like I said, hopefully it's not BS.

Edited by reddogblitz

I hope (s)he really did. Saying you did when you didn't is among the lowest of the low.

It does seem kindof odd to never mention it, but then bring it up in a racism discussion.

Like I said, hopefully it's not BS.

you have an issue with me identifying as Vietnam vet? I choose to protest and express myself how I see if even if Gugny disagrees. Even if I did not serve and have never been the victim of preconceived notions of Vietnam Veterans I can choose this action to support their cause. If you have a problem with that, well, that's with you.