Week 7: Bucs' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

@BonnieMott_

#BucsNFL_2017_TAMPABuccaneers.png LB Kwon Alexander expect to play vs. Bills in Week 7 https://usat.ly/2xRnKAm via @thebucswire

Bucs defense getting healthy, 31st overall or not it's deceiving because they've been missing a lot of key guys so would expect a much better effort this week against a Bills offense still struggling to find a consistent identity.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bucs defense getting healthy, 31st overall or not it's deceiving because they've been missing a lot of key guys so would expect a much better effort this week against a Bills offense still struggling to find a consistent identity.

You should become a TB fan with all of your concerns.

BNblitz Podcast: Vic & Jay assess where Bills are post-bye, matchup vs. the Bucs: http://buffalonews.com/2017/10/19/bnblitz-podcast-vic-jay-assess-bills-post-bye-matchup-vs-bucs/

https://s3.amazonaws.com/bncore/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/101917.mp3 (46:03)

Here's a breakdown of what they discussed and where to find it:

00:00-06:11 - Issues the Bills had to address during their bye.

06:11-14:09 - The state of Tyrod Taylor's game.

14:09-24:02 - Running game struggles and resulting issues with the offense.

24:02-34:26 - Buccaneers' QB questions because of Jameis Winston's shoulder injury.

34:26-45:59 - Answering the Twitter questions you submit via @viccarucci and @JaySkurski.

fair take.

did you borrow this line though? seems i read it somewhere recently.

Go Bills !

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott on Charles Clay: "He could come back [this season]. He's progressing well."

@SalSports

The Bills are still preparing for both Winston and Fitzpatrick McDermott says.

he COULD come back this season??? I thought he was week to week, not out for the damn year!! I wake up every morning and ask myself "why didnt he just step out of bounds"?

QUICK HITS: GLENN, MATTHEWS PUT TOGETHER GOOD WEEKS

cordy-glenn-8-31-story.jpg
Cordy Glenn and Jordan Matthews have been a part of practice all week, enhancing their chances of being in the lineup on Sunday.

@salmaiorana

My SalSpeak notes column is up. Lead item is the #Bills offensive line and its need to start playing better....

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2017/10/20/buffalo-bills-offensive-line-richie-incognito-struggling-eric-wood/783540001/

@NFLSTROUD

Bucs James Winston is throwing and seems ok. Whipped a pass at the media and TV cameras to prove a point we guess

@JoeBuscaglia

WR Jordan Matthews is on the practice field for the third day in a row #Bills

@newerafield

Just getting it warmed up for Sunday. #GoBillsNFL_2017_BUFBills_v2.png

DMl1YrHXkAAXoGN.jpg

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/20/week-7-preview-analysis-sammy-watkins-rams-struggles

5. Bucs second-year corner Vernon Hargreaves recently said, “I’m not making any plays, I’m not producing.” Yup. And you wonder about his confidence given the amount of cushion he has played with. He has a chance to close down that cushion on Sunday; the Bills do not have much speed at wide receiver.

6. Something the Bills and Bucs both do is line up with three tight ends and throw deep misdirection play-action. Defensive coaches Sean McDermott’s and Mike Smith’s zone units almost certainly faced this tactic in training camp. They must be ready for it Sunday.

@Gil_Brandt

Most pass breakups (through Week 6) T. White 11 R. Melvin 11 J. Ramsey 9 T. Mitchell 9 McCourty 9 J. Mills 9 Bouye 8 P. Robinson 8 Slay 8

Highest burn % (through Week 6) Hargreaves 73% K. Williams 73 X. Howard 67 Waynes 66 K. Jackson 65 Mills 63 Apple 63 Butler 63 Douglas 63

Most QB pressures (thru Week 6) Buckner 29 D Lawrence 28 Donald 26 Houston 24 Ingram 23 C. Jones 23 Hughes 23 Flowers 22 Campbell 21

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@Gil_Brandt

Most QB picable passes (through Week 6) palmer 12 Stafford 11 Newton 8 Winston 8 Kizer 8 Wentz 7 McCown 6 Brady 6 Prescott 6 Hoyer 6

@mikerodak

Jameis Winston will start Sunday vs. the Bills, Bucs coach Dirk Koetter tells local media. Bills spent 90% of prep this week on Winston.

Just saw this on twitter too, unless this is a huge misdirection it's an interesting move on TB's part because no way Winston will be close to 100%.

But then again it shows the desperation TB's in right now knowing they will move to 2-4 with a 3rd straight loss and have 2 division games on deck.