Mcdermott did the same thing to our offense as Rex did

Yeezus

with the defense. He changed everything. Instead of trying to keep the same scheme and fit our players around one that works he hired an OC that refuses to adapt to the players on our team and forced Tyrod to learn another new offense.

How on earth did this front office think it was a good idea to switch to a zone blocking scheme with the oline we have. None of those players are fit to play in this offense. Tyrod isn't a west coast offense QB, McCoy feeds off stretch runs not right up the middle.

If he had kept our scheme the same on offense we seriously could have competed for the playoffs this year. But injuries are mounting for the offense and McCoy is having the worst season of his career so far. Its going to hard to compete with Tyrod struggling to throw over 200 yards a game and getting sacked on almost every drive.

Edited by Yeezus

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with the defense. He changed everything. Instead of trying to keep the same scheme and fit our players around one that works he hired an OC that refuses to adapt to the players on our team and forced Tyrod to learn another new offense.

How on earth did this front office think it was a good idea to switch to a zone blocking scheme with the oline we have. None of those players are fit to play in this offense. Tyrod isn't a west coast offense QB, McCoy feeds off stretch runs not right up the middle.

If he had kept our scheme the same on offense we seriously could have competed for the playoffs this year. But injuries are mounting for the offense and McCoy is having the worst season of his career so far. Its going to hard to compete with Tyrod struggling to throw over 200 yards a game and getting sacked on almost every drive.

Sorry it's not the same.

There is ALWAYS CHANGE with a new coaching staff. Rex would not let Schwartz run the Defense... we never had a chance to retain Lynn and we fired Roman who designed the offense lol

We also didn't retain Kromer who was the teacher of Romans run blocking scheme.

Coaches NEED TO COACH WHAT THEY KNOW.

How and why should Dennison implement a Power O offense when he has never ran one and cannot teach the principles correctly

FYI shady has gotten tons of stretches this season...

Edited by Buffalo716

Sorry it's not the same.

There is ALWAYS CHANGE with a new coaching staff. Rex would not let Schwartz run the Defense... we never had a chance to retain Lynn and we fired Roman who designed the offense lol

We also didn't retain Kromer who was the teacher of Romans run blocking scheme.

Coaches NEED TO COACH WHAT THEY KNOW.

How and why should Dennison implement a Power O offense when he has never ran one and cannot teach the principles correctly

FYI shady has gotten tons of stretches this season...

why would we even hire Dennison in the first place. I guarantee he will be gone in 2 years just like every Bills OC in the last 20 years

Although I despise this offense so far, its hard to watch. I disagree that he refuses to change it. The last couple of weeks youre starting to see Richie pull more, and some power run plays. I think after the bye youll see more of it as the tape shows that they just dont run the zone well. I think they wanted to give the zone more then just a couple of weeks to work out, after they implemented and ran it all summer. Now its time to change some things.

why would we even hire Dennison in the first place. I guarantee he will be gone in 2 years just like every Bills OC in the last 20 years

Because their first choice turned them down...

Also, the differenc eis that McDermitt is not an offensive coach, his side was defence which he greatly improved, unlike the moron twins whos expertise was defence and they destroyed it.

The offence looked much better statistically then it really was and was not that great. Sure they ran alot and scored points, but what did it translate into? How many here would have had faith that at any time in a game against any team, last years offence would be able to march down the field and score to win a close game? Against good teams, how did that offence really do? People here couldn't wait to dump the QB from that offence last year, even though the offence was so great.

They weren't going to be able to retain the guys who ran the offence last year without making Lynn the HC. And do people really think that Lynn would have had the Bills looking like they currently do, with a much better defence and keeping the offence the same as last year?

This front office needs more then 6 weeks into a season to turn things around and rebuild this team. This last offseason the focus was defence, lets wait and see if the focus this offseason is on offence and things start to get turned around.

No it's actually pretty close. You can always hire Greg Roman, ya know, the guy who actually ran this offense that was successful, as the OC.

No it's not close. Rex took a successful defense and made it crap. McD took a crap defense and made it excellent. On offense Lynn took a HC'ing gig and Roman isn't coming back ever again.

You know this really is not true

They are still a predominately running team....they still use zone blocking concepts.

The difference in this years offense is they use a TE a lot more and they run TT a lot less

He is Tyrods 3rd OC I'm sure Tyrod has something to do with who would coach the offense here. I'm sure it is hard to find a OC willing to come here and scrap his entire scheme just to make Tyrod able to move the chains sometimes.

He is Tyrods 3rd OC I'm sure Tyrod has something to do with who would coach the offense here. I'm sure it is hard to find a OC willing to come here and scrap his entire scheme just to make Tyrod able to move the chains sometimes.

Well for one he didn't scrap his entire scheme. For two please cite examples of coordinators turning down 1 of 32 jobs in the world over who the QB is. I mean use real evidence, not just some imagination drawn up in your own head.

No it's not close. Rex took a successful defense and made it crap. McD took a crap defense and made it excellent. On offense Lynn took a HC'ing gig and Roman isn't coming back ever again.

McD hired an OC that runs a scheme that our QB or oline aren't built for.

it was an awful hire.

McD hired an OC that runs a scheme that our QB or oline aren't built for.

it was an awful hire.

Who would have been an ideal hire? Would that OC have been able to make TT throw to guys who are "NFL open"?