Destination Cousins: Nine Places Kirk Could Play in 2018

Destination Cousins: Nine places Kirk could play in 2018

cousins_inlinenew_grid_o.jpg

Buffalo BillsWhy it could work[/size]

Tyrod Taylor's future with the team remains uncertain beyond this season, which could put the Bills in the market for a quarterback. Offensive coordinator Rick Dennison has ties to former Redskins coach Mike Shanahan, who remains one of Cousins' top advocates. Dennison was offensive coordinator under Shanahan from 2006 to '08. Of course, the Kyle Shanahan connection matters most, and that is not present in Buffalo.

Why it couldn't work[/size]

Taylor has generally exceeded expectations in Buffalo and could win the job heading into next season, especially if the Bills defy expectations by making a playoff run. General manager Brandon Beane has also talked up rookie fifth-round pick Nathan Peterman, who could be seen as an affordable developmental version of Cousins.

TT May have exceeded expectations but that is not good enough.

Would like cousins here but not at the highest price possible.

On a side note there needs to be a player cap that doesn't exceed 10 million a year. Having most of the money tied up in a few players really hamstrings your ability to have quality players at every position and keeping your own guys.

Whoever it is, Tyrod Taylor SHOULD NOT be the Bills QB next season...it will have been 3 year by then and enough is enough.

For sure.

Really hoping Alex Smith becomes available.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cousins will probably be the cream of the crop in terms of possible FA options next year.

But have to believe both Rivers and Eli Manning will be available assuming they are willing to be traded or play for another team at this stage of their career.

Of course the bills could simply play Peterman now and find out if he's the guy, and speaking of Cousins some scouting reports compared Peterman to him before he was drafted and Cousins was also a mid round pick.

Alex Smith would be at the top

Id rather have Josh Rosen for $5 million than Cousins for $25. Hes pretty good but not a game changer. That contract would kill your team.

Better hope we lose the rest of our games and others to win to get him.

If you want a good QB you have to pay for it. Would love to see him here but...

I'd rather see them draft a top prospect QB in 2018 and use that money on other positions on a team that needs a complete offensive rebuild.

I agree.

Problem with Cousins is he is going to be 30 years old next season with whatever new team he is with. How will he play at the age of 33 and 34? To me he doesn't look like a guy that will hold up at even 33 or 34.

No one in the league is going to make him the highest paid player.

I would love Cousins, but no chance in hell skins are letting him go if he continues to play this well all season.

Also Dennison will kill Cousins just like he does with every other QB he has worked with [/quote

Cousins is unrestricted end of this year and the skins are all out of franchise tags- the ball is in Cousins court as to where he goes.

I have said this before and if I was the GM this would be my plan:

Take the KC first and trade it for cousins now and give him the big contract and extension.

You can give them Tyrod too or a mid round pick if the first is not enough. That KC pick is going to be in the high 20s anyway and there are to many bad teams in the league. If you give up that first, we still would have our first and 4 other picks in the first 3 rounds. We would be in great shape now and come April.

Just like ever year the draft class gets way over blown and the QBs are nowhere near as good as they say. If you trade for him now you only need to use the 1 pick to get your qb for the future. If we wait until the draft, it will cost a kings ransom to move up. You also then have to hope the team with the top picks dont need a qb for themselves. Lets not forget you are asking the Bills to then also identify which QB is good. Cousins has already proven himself in this league and he can help you now and later. If Cousins gets to FA hes going to go to SF. Make the move now and maybe we can win something with this Defense this season. Just because this type of thing doesnt happen, doesnt mean it shouldnt.