Again, how can a switch to Peterman be any worse?

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If and when a switch to a Peterman is made, it cant be a half assed knee jerk reaction. Once you put him in, you should commit to him for the rest of the year for better or worse. I dont expect it to happen anytime soon unless Tyrod becomes shockingly bad.

Slight modification.

Bills make the playoffs without ever making a change at starting quarterback

vs.

Bills don't make the playoffs at all OR make the playoffs after a change at starting QB

I have no clue what to bet.

Change can't be due to injury, though.

If Taylor gets hurt and is out, let's say, any more than 3 games, bet's off.

If and when a switch to a Peterman is made, it cant be a half assed knee jerk reaction. Once you put him in, you should commit to him for the rest of the year for better or worse. I dont expect it to happen anytime soon unless Tyrod becomes shockingly bad.

Another outing like Sunday and it will get interesting.

I'm on the record - Peterman will be starting as soon as November 12th vs. the Saints. If not then, it won't be until December 10th vs. Colts. But I fully expect it to happen on one of those two days.

Change can't be due to injury, though.

If Taylor gets hurt and is out, let's say, any more than 3 games, bet's off.

I'll agree with that.

Yeesh... how many pages of you guys going back and forth on this now?

No one will ever change their minds. However, I think we can unequivocally say that McDermott isn't considering making a change at QB right now.

I'm fine with "what if" threads because I've started them. But Peterman won't start any time soon, barring injury.

Guys. It's the bye week. Go get outside.

I'm on the record - Peterman will be starting as soon as November 12th vs. the Saints. If not then, it won't be until December 10th vs. Colts. But I fully expect it to happen on one of those two days.

If the Bills are in contention Peterman won't start on either one of your arbitrary dates unless Taylore is injured.

What I fail to understand is why Tyrod is not taking off and running more. Is he being told to stay in the pocket and go through progressions? If so thats a big fail by Dennison. Tyrods game is taking off and running when things break down. Thats when he has success

ya there was one play he could have darted forward it looked like the field

was wide open

Showed exactly what I was talking about. Sure never said they were great last season we are talking about Tyrod, they got 3 INTs though that gave Tyrod the ball at the 7 to get one of his TDs. Tyrod had negative yards the entire first half

Yeah Tyrod had negative yards the entire first half. None of this contributed...

1-10-BUF 16

(4:29) (Shotgun) 22-R.Bush left end pushed ob at BUF 20 for 4 yards (23-M.Mitchell). Pitch-out at BUF 15. Rush credited to BUF 20 (spot of foul). PENALTY on BUF-88-M.Goodwin, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at BUF 20.

3-3-BUF 43

(9:42) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass short left to 14-S.Watkins to 50 for 7 yards (22-W.Gay). Caught in flat at 50, crossing from sideline. Pittsburgh challenged the pass completion ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass incomplete short left to 14-S.Watkins. Dropped by receiver at 50, crossing from sideline.

2-3-BUF 45

(3:21) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 25-L.McCoy up the middle to BUF 45 for no gain (50-R.Shazier).

3-3-BUF 45

(2:38) 5-T.Taylor pass incomplete short middle to 10-R.Woods. Dropped, receiver at 50.

1-10-BUF 15

(:32) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass short right to 25-L.McCoy pushed ob at BUF 15 for no gain (31-R.Cockrell). Screen pass, caught at BUF 10. PENALTY on BUF-76-J.Miller, Offensive Holding, 7 yards, enforced at BUF 15 - No Play.

1-17-BUF 8

(:23) (Shotgun) 25-L.McCoy right tackle to BUF 8 for no gain (31-R.Cockrell, 90-R.Mathews).

Timeout #2 by PIT at 00:11.

2-17-BUF 8

(:11) PENALTY on BUF-85-C.Clay, False Start, 4 yards, enforced at BUF 8 - No Play.

Yeah Tyrod had negative yards the entire first half. None of this contributed...

1-10-BUF 16

(4:29) (Shotgun) 22-R.Bush left end pushed ob at BUF 20 for 4 yards (23-M.Mitchell). Pitch-out at BUF 15. Rush credited to BUF 20 (spot of foul). PENALTY on BUF-88-M.Goodwin, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at BUF 20.

3-3-BUF 43

(9:42) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass short left to 14-S.Watkins to 50 for 7 yards (22-W.Gay). Caught in flat at 50, crossing from sideline. Pittsburgh challenged the pass completion ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass incomplete short left to 14-S.Watkins. Dropped by receiver at 50, crossing from sideline.

2-3-BUF 45

(3:21) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 25-L.McCoy up the middle to BUF 45 for no gain (50-R.Shazier).

3-3-BUF 45

(2:38) 5-T.Taylor pass incomplete short middle to 10-R.Woods. Dropped, receiver at 50.

1-10-BUF 15

(:32) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass short right to 25-L.McCoy pushed ob at BUF 15 for no gain (31-R.Cockrell). Screen pass, caught at BUF 10. PENALTY on BUF-76-J.Miller, Offensive Holding, 7 yards, enforced at BUF 15 - No Play.

1-17-BUF 8

(:23) (Shotgun) 25-L.McCoy right tackle to BUF 8 for no gain (31-R.Cockrell, 90-R.Mathews).

Timeout #2 by PIT at 00:11.

2-17-BUF 8

(:11) PENALTY on BUF-85-C.Clay, False Start, 4 yards, enforced at BUF 8 - No Play.

Sometimes other teams suffer holding calls and runs for no gains and their QBs somehow manage to not have negative yards.

I'm on the record - Peterman will be starting as soon as November 12th vs. the Saints. If not then, it won't be until December 10th vs. Colts.

Peterman wil never ever be the starter. EVER#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#

Seeing how we need help at WR. Would you guys be OK with spitting Taylor out as a slot WR and letting Petterman go under center? We could throw in a ton of wild cat plays as well with Tyrod lined up at RB.

This is just silly and I hope you're being facetious.

Sometimes other teams suffer holding calls and runs for no gains and their QBs somehow manage to not have negative yards.

He had negative yards because he took a few sacks. Its tough to sustain a drive of run run pass receiver drops ball punt. Or run penalty pass receiver drops ball run punt.

Sure Taylor missed a pass or two the first half. Sure Taylor took a couple sacks. Are all those sacks his fault? I don't know because I don't have access to watch the game anymore and frankly its not worth my time. The poster is crediting Tyrod for all the problems on offense in the first half. That's not right.

Edited by Scott7975