Random Thoughts Thread

RaoulDuke79

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, muppy said:

Does the early bird really get the worm?

Old English proverb. The full quote is "The early bird gets the worm. But the second mouse gets the cheese"

And the worm that sleeps late doesn't get eaten.

13 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

When viewing TBD discussion forums on a small screen device, it is all too easy to remember the words of Talking Heads' 'Once in a Lifetime':

"And you may ask yourself, "Well... how did I get here?"

570308146_TalkingHeadsOnceInALifetime.thumb.jpg.01e3a4645f00f710911dcd9075e7e8db.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

imagine.thumb.jpg.ece35b39542d75229b6e5ae34a62ffd4.jpg

Forty-two years ago tonight, Howard Cosell reported a tragedy during MNF.

Another event that most probably remember where they were and what they were doing.  Our first child was only a week old.  I seem to recall the program director (David Marsden?) interrupting the evening host on CFNY-FM 102.1, which was a true progressive station in that era.  The next day at work, one of my coworkers who had served two tours in Viet Nam just sat at his toolbox in shock.

45 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Another event that most probably remember where they were and what they were doing.  Our first child was only a week old.  I seem to recall the program director (David Marsden?) interrupting the evening host on CFNY-FM 102.1, which was a true progressive station in that era.  The next day at work, one of my coworkers who had served two tours in Viet Nam just sat at his toolbox in shock.

I was out with some friends that night. I came home and turned on the radio - 97 Rock - and wondered why they were playing all Beatles music. A few songs in, the DJ explained it.

That was my senior year of high school. The class officers had already chosen our class song, but a bunch of us signed a petition to change it to "Imagine." They wouldn't change it, but they did agree to have it played at the Commencement ceremony.

I am cursed.

🙁

I have no idea what I did to it, but my left knee swelled up the last few days, and I am hobbling around like 'a crippo', as a former coworker from Northern Ontario used to say.

🙁

But to add insult to injury, after two years of luckily avoiding it, I just was subjected to McCartney's 'Wonderful Christmastime'.

😖

• Haha (+1) 2

On 12/28/2022 at 5:55 PM, muppy said:

a pre Snowmageddon holiday pic. Beautiful. 

bfloxxxxxxx.jpg

Rex had his Buffalo going in the wrong direction. That’s all we needed to know! 

20 hours ago, muppy said:

this pic is perfection I will post it here for archive SMOKE BROWN

smoke.jpg

I did NOT think the “old guy” could run under that one! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.