OL MIKE GANDY

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills today announced that the team has signed OL MIKE GANDY, an unrestricted free agent.

Bills Sign OL Mike Gandy

Buffalobills.com

03/04/2005 3:15 PM

Orchard Park, NY - The Bills today announced that the team has signed OL MIKE GANDY, an unrestricted free agent. In accordance with club policy, terms of the contract were not disclosed.

The 26-year-old Gandy has spent his entire four-year NFL career with the Chicago Bears and has appeared in 32 games, starting 30 over the course of his career.

Last season, Gandy played in and started five games at RG and in 2003; he started 14 games at LT. In 2002, the Rockford, IL native played in 13 games, starting 11, and saw action at both guard and tackle.

A graduate of Notre Dame in 2000, Gandy finished his career with the Fighting Irish by starting 26 consecutive games before being drafted in the third round in 2001.

Can anyone tell me about mike gandy? I know nothing about him. Will he play lg.... is he destined to be camp fodder?!?! Is he an upgrade over ross tucker or strictly depth?!?! Any insight would be most welcomed.

P.S- It's good to sign someone on the oline even if I know nothing about them. Even depth to the line is most welcomed :devil:

Can anyone tell me about mike gandy? I know nothing about him. Will he play lg.... is he destined to be camp fodder?!?!  Is he an upgrade over ross tucker or strictly depth?!?! Any insight would be most welcomed.

262965[/snapback]

Mike Gandy = Bob Corkum

Can anyone tell me about mike gandy? I know nothing about him. Will he play lg.... is he destined to be camp fodder?!?!  Is he an upgrade over ross tucker or strictly depth?!?! Any insight would be most welcomed.

262965[/snapback]

I'm guessing depth. It says he started 4 games last year so it sounds to me like he's a reserve.

:devil:

I remember the year Corker was the big trade pickup at the deadline by the Sabres.  I almost put my fist through a wall.

262979[/snapback]

This pickup reminded me of that one as well. Everyone sitting around waiting for something to happen.... And it was Bob frikkin' Corkum.

Why didn't we resign Marcus Price again?

262972[/snapback]

I heard several comments that Marcus was playing with a bad knee all last year. This was from Murph on the broadcasts and then during the week. I think it could be chronic.

We just got younger, experienced depth....not bad if it is for this purpose. The guy was pretty good at ND...