OL MIKE GANDY

While PP may not be worth his cap number, he's definitely worth the veteran minimum if only for his play on special teams.

263218[/snapback]

I have no problem bringing him back at a lower price, I'm not angry at his play...its just that a 1.6 million dollar cap hit is outrageous for a backup safety.

Anyone else wish that Donahoe would update the fans on what the situation is with the Bills in the offseason? Like, how much money we officially have under the cap, the positions we are looking to fill and the status of the Henry/Shelton trade.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well folks, I probably dislike Mel Kiper as much as all of you do but he does put out an incredible detailed draft blue book and with this years purchase he also sends out an awesome 2005 Free Agency Data Sheet. The sheet lists the top 15-25 players at each position and is extremely helpful in analyzying all of the free agent moves teams are making. It even has a restricted free agent listed and has players ranked on that too. The bad news is that of the 18 OT'S listed and 26 OG'S .......no where is Mike Gandy listed. Definitely looks like a Marcus Price replacement which oh, by the way, Price is listed as a valuable and versatile back- up at the #8 OT position. Maybe a young Gandy is better and cheaper then an older and more expensive Price..........although he did well for us when in there.

I have to believe that Tom D is gonna cave and throw in a late 6th or 7th round pick to get the Henry-Shelton trade done. I'm a firm believer that Henry is worth more then Shelton but the Cards know we are more desperate to replace Jennings with a solid player at a great cap cost and the Cards are sitting pretty with being able to take a stud running back with their draft pick if the Henry trade doesn't go through. The Bills will step up to the plate and make a big move before this is all said and done. We have made too much progress the end of this year for that not to happen and Tom D. knows we're a playoff caliber team. Bills are back baby........gotta Bil-lieve.

In case you were wandering.

This is how Kiper rating our two free agents (Jennings and Williams)

Jennings is rated as the third best free agent Off Tackle

Williams rated as the third best free agent Def Tackle

Well folks, I probably dislike Mel Kiper as much as all of you do but he does put out an incredible detailed draft blue book and with this years purchase he also sends out an awesome 2005 Free Agency Data Sheet.  The sheet lists the top 15-25 players at each position and is extremely helpful in analyzying all of the free agent moves teams are making.  It even has a restricted free agent listed and has players ranked on that too.  The bad news is that of the 18 OT'S listed and 26 OG'S .......no where is Mike Gandy listed.  Definitely looks like a Marcus Price replacement which oh, by the way, Price is listed as a valuable and versatile back- up at the #8 OT position.  Maybe a young Gandy is better and cheaper then an older and more expensive Price..........although he did well for us when in there. 

I have to believe that Tom D is gonna cave and throw in a late 6th or 7th round pick to get the Henry-Shelton trade done.  I'm a firm believer that Henry is worth more then Shelton but the Cards know we are more desperate to replace Jennings with a solid player at a great cap cost and the Cards are sitting pretty with being able to take a stud running back with their draft pick if the Henry trade doesn't go through.  The Bills will step up to the plate and make a big move before this is all said and done.  We have made too much progress the end of this year for that not to happen and Tom D. knows we're a playoff caliber team.  Bills are back baby........gotta Bil-lieve.

263264[/snapback]

I can tell you, living in Chicago, the Bears got sick of him on the offensive line during the season, that they replaced him (eventually with Marc Columbo I believe). Hopefully he'll bring a good game over here.

Guest BackInDaDay

It's gonna be a lot of fun seeing how this O-line shakes out.

Thank Cripes we've got a good line coach.

:angry:

I remember the year Corker was the big trade pickup at the deadline by the Sabres.  I almost put my fist through a wall.

262979[/snapback]

Yeah, that was were Darcy said "Now we have the tools" after the Sabres aquired Corkum. What a joke. I don't think they made the playoffs that year either. There we a ton of trade possibilities that yr for the deadline and we get him??!! :devil:

Don't the Bears have one of the worst offensive lines in the league??? Why are we collecting their castoffs???? :angry:  :P

263287[/snapback]

Acutally I think their line is pretty damn good now that they've gotten rid of so much underachieving dead weight :devil: