I had to shut off the WGR post game

Schopp and Bulldog seem to have very little football knowledge. I have never heard them breakdown a blocking scheme, a secondary, the all 22 etc. All they can talk about is QB. They ranted and raved about Gilmore leaving without ever mentioning he is a man corner and we are running a zone scheme this year, I honestly don't think either of them is even aware of that.

I listen on my drive for the few times sal is on.

Schopp and Bulldog are Hockey fans and if I had it my way that's the segment they would be reduced to. Just not knowledgeable enough about football for my taste.

Edited by steven50

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WGR is only good for listening to the McDermott post-game pressers. I used to listen to them every morning and on the way from work but haven't all season.

Same.

They need to expand one of the shows to 4 or 5 people a la the Junkies here in DC. Which is what I'm listening to more and more in the am over Howard and Jeremy

Jeremy is to busy "social justice warring" and Howard is just mailing it in.

Schoop is insufferable.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Add me in with those who listened and didnt hear anything wrong. They seemed very happy with the victory. They allowed some of the 'devils advocate voice' (that we all have) such as Jones/Sanu, conservative playcalling, some fortunate calls that could have gone either way.... but overall it was very positive

Those two guys are so invested in the Bills losing, all they could do is debate whether Atlanta really was that good and recap old Bills failures.

One day, one time, can these guys be happy that we won? How about talking about how friggin awesome this team is, for 10 minutes at least?

Simon is the same way. He said they had no chance to win against Denver & last week said they had no chance to win against Atlanta. He gives the Sabres a ton of compliments though for you know, not being the worse team in the league anymore.

Those two guys are so invested in the Bills losing, all they could do is debate whether Atlanta really was that good and recap old Bills failures.

One day, one time, can these guys be happy that we won? How about talking about how friggin awesome this team is, for 10 minutes at least?

I think this is a bit harsh. I listened to the first hour and they reflected a bit how I felt at that moment.... "wow.... this team might actually be good." I've never been invested in us being bad but I did expect us to be probably a game or two behind .500 this year. Yesterday was proof that their ceiling is higher than that and I was both delighted and surprised in equal measure. They probably did mention Julio Jones being out a couple of times more than was necessary but they did qualify it with "they are the kind of breaks that playoff teams get". Which is of course true. It is probably the obvious comparison but to me this team is the 2013 Carolina Panthers. Not perfect by an means and lacking somewhat in weapons, but well coached, play hard, make plays at crucial moments and win tight ones. That team went 12-4 that year.

Schop was arguing we shouldn't have tried the last 55 yard FG, and tried to back that up by saying it's not like Hauschka was known for kicking 55 yard FGs and that he had made about four 50 yarders before that. Except he had hit 10 in a row before that and this one made 11. And he had just hit a 55 yarder. And the defense was playing great. And the difference between 3 point lead and 6 is obviously enormous.

I heard this as well. I'm not a WGR hater, and usually don't listen, only because it's been so miserable for everyone the last 15 years. But, I thought I'd turn it on postgame yesterday just to enjoy things for a day. And I heard numbnuts saying what you said above.

I was like.......what in the hell is he talking about. It was so stupid and uninformed that it was borderline bizarre.