Ejections and suspensions

Dragonborn10

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a penalty. But as the media has pointed out, 15 yards is what Von Miller got for pulling his hand back from Tyrod Taylor.

That should have been an ejection and it should be a suspension.

Good point; to compare the hit as an infraction to the "Whiff" move on Tyrod is absurd.

If Von Miller gets 15 yards for that, Trevathan should be suspended for the rest of the regular season.

*EDIT* I'm caught up now and see he got 2 games; I'm surprised by that, thought it would be less or none.

I think he should have gotten more, but 2 is not bad.

Edited by Fadingpain

Two games is a joke.

It is a start by the league but that hit was everything they are trying to outlaw - Defenseless player, leading with the head, targeting the head, using the helmet as a weapon.

That hit deserves an eight game suspension.

I think they do things incrementally. This is like the warning shot. If he does it again he will get more. If he does it again he will likely lose his privilege of playing in the NFL.

I do agree though that 2 games is a joke for that kind of hit. That was vicious.

Hammies, pulled groins, ligament damages, etc. are still going to happen, but head injuries would be eliminated. Rugby players don't tackle with their heads, it hurts too much.

I know quite few concussed rugby players.

It was a brutal hit due to the circumstances, but I don't believe he was intentionally trying to hurt him. It was just kind of a worse case scenario type of thing. Still, I don't have a problem with a one game suspension just to illustrate to the players that they need to actively avoid similar hits.

Well he got 2

Two games is a joke.

It is a start by the league but that hit was everything they are trying to outlaw - Defenseless player, leading with the head, targeting the head, using the helmet as a weapon.

I'm pretty sure 2 was done so that it can be reduced to 1 after appeal. This way, a precedent is set for future cases. Disclaimer, I'm not a lawyer or a Bears fan.

Two games is a joke.

its a good thing he didnt take a hit off a joint- otherwise you could tack on another 4 games.