Hughes doesn't get why Jim Kelly is on the field in 2017

YoloinOhio

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct in that it is not written anywhere, but the fact that it is in a majority of American's minds is powerful enough to badly hurt the NFL.

I doubt you are correct when you say a majority, but rather a minority who do have more "buying power." I realize you think you are on the side of right but it would be very easy to make a list of the times the majority were horribly wrong.

it would be very easy to make a list of the times the majority were horribly wrong.

You can't be serious. You argue even when I am wrong, I am right. The point is it is not about right or wrong, it is about money, and how people wish to spend it. Money talks and the rest walks. The NFL has a problem, and ultimately the black players themselves. Poor CK doesn't even have a job over this.

Edited by Niagara

You can't be serious. You argue even when I am wrong, I am right. The point is it is not about right or wrong, it is about money, and how people wish to spend it. Money talks and the rest walks. The NFL has a problem, and ultimately the black players themselves.

So for you the almighty dollar trumps all? Sad.

So for you the almighty dollar trumps all? Sad.

This has nothing to do with me, it is about the reality of the NFL, and its future.

BTW, Cripple Creek is a good choice for a screen name.

Edited by Niagara

I doubt you are correct when you say a majority, but rather a minority who do have more "buying power." I realize you think you are on the side of right but it would be very easy to make a list of the times the majority were horribly wrong.

I can think of an example of a time when the minority were horribly wrong ...

This has nothing to do with me, it is about the reality of the NFL, and its future.

BTW, Cripple Creek is a good choice for a screen name.

The NFL is one of the most powerful and successful businesses in the world. Its future continues to be bright. A bunch of yokels burning jerseys and cancelling their ticket is nothing to them.

Is Cripple Creek a tribute that Kneel Young song?

Edited by Gugny

The NFL is one of the most powerful and successful businesses in the world.

Sears, heavyweight boxing, NASCAR, and golf all have seen better times. The NFL Rams LA and Chargers experiment might be a mistake. NFL Europe is defunct.

Sears, heavyweight boxing, NASCAR, and golf all have seen better times. The NFL Rams LA and Chargers experiment might be a mistake. NFL Europe is defunct.

Is it doing worse than previous years? Yes. But it's still fine. And these protests have nothing to do with any kind of ratings decline. Ratings have been trending downward for years. Crappy teams/football (due to the CBA that doesn't allow them to practice enough) and crappy officiating is why ratings are down.

The average fan doesn't have to have a reason for anything. It is his feelings, and how he feels things are not always logical, but what is true is he can spend his money where ever he wishes. That is the rub.

Sounds like a bunch of snowflakes. Maybe the "average fan" should toughen up and be less sensitive.

Sounds like a bunch of snowflakes. Maybe the "average fan" should toughen up and be less sensitive.

Patriotism and love of country is non negotiable. It is a feeling. You either have it or you do not. The toughen up part is laughable, as in you are tough, but others are not.

Is it doing worse than previous years? Yes. But it's still fine.

But it's still fine. Are you kidding? Still fine?

Patriotism and love of country is non negotiable. It is a feeling. You either have it or you do not. The toughen up part is laughable, as in you are tough, but others are not.

But it's still fine. Are you kidding? Still fine?

It's a multi-billion dollar business. Yes. They're fine.

What makes "one have it?" Can you see the validity of the silent non-violent protests and still be as patriotic as someone who believes that the flag/country is being disrespected?

It's a multi-billion dollar business. Yes. They're fine.

No, they are not fine.

Good thing is the Bills probably will not have to build a domed stadium. The pressure will be off to do so.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2017/09/29/the-nfl-has-a-bigger-problem-than-kneeling-employees-demographics-and-trends/#3cea58984efc

Unfortunately, according to a recent CNN poll, while 56% of people under age 45 think the recent demonstrations are the right thing to do, 59% of those over 45 say the demonstrations are wrong. In its "core" NFL viewership folks don't like the kneeling, so it would appear the NFL should heed the President's advice. But, looking down the road, the NFL won't succeed unless it finds a way to attract a younger audience.

Can you see the validity of the silent non-violent protests

You are the one who can not comprehend the validity of a counter argument. As I said, Cripple Creek is an appropriate screen name.

You are the one who can not comprehend the validity of a counter argument. As I said, Cripple Creek is an appropriate screen name.

What makes you say that? I haven't expressed an opinion one way or the other & you failed to answer the question (not that you have to).

Can you see the validity of the silent non-violent protests and still be as patriotic as someone who believes that the flag/country is being disrespected?

What makes you say that? I haven't expressed an opinion one way or the other & you failed to answer the question (not that you have to).

Can you see the validity of the silent non-violent protests and still be as patriotic as someone who believes that the flag/country is being disrespected?

:thumbsup: