Matthews: Blame Tyrod if you must.

JM2009

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was Brady's deep threat between moss and cooks? A decade of slot guys and 3 more superbowls later....

Except that Brady's best attribute is his laser sharp accuracy leading receivers on short throws and not his deep ball; hence the decade of slot guys who killed other teams. Tyrod's best attribute IS his deep ball and they took those guys away.

More excuses. Heard the same exact thing last year about weak WRs. Sorry this group is better they are missing Sammy that really is it.

Dont people get tired of re-running the same excuses over and over and finally just put the blame where it belongs.

Putrid QB play.

How is the WR group better when the only established player in the group is Jordan Matthews?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

And exposed finally a weak QB. Cry me a river sorry a little harder when not getting fat on bad football teams isnt it.

I see we are using the WR excuse and OC excuse this week.

I see the agenda never stops with you. I have said, and Bob continues to say that TT is an average at best starting QB, solid backup. With a solid defense the last two seasons, the Bills would have made the playoffs, using offense that TT can run well. That offense both years resulted in a lot of points.That is what you do till better comes along. You don't root for/set up a player to fail.

http://wham1180.iheart.com/featured/bob-matthews-column/content/2017-09-18-matthews-blame-tyrod-if-you-must/

"Taylor is the convenient player to blame. I don’t think that’s fair.

Tyrod isn’t good enough to lift an average team into the playoffs. But I don’t think he is the worst problem the Bills have throwing the football. Buffalo’s current group of five wide receivers – including two who primarily return kicks – is among the worst in the NFL (I’m trying to be kind).

Critics were crying for Taylor to throw deep against Carolina. Throw deep to who? Sammy Watkins, or Robert Woods, or Chris Hogan, or Marquise Goodwin? They’re all gone.

I suppose Taylor is on thin ice now. Everybody loves the backup quarterback.

Maybe rookie Nathan Peterman could save the day. Hit the deep ball. Spread the field. Open up space for McCoy to run.

I doubt it. What do you think? Are you eager to find out?"

Matthews is pointing out what many here have said over and over again.

So your answer is start peterman ---- ???? ---- super bowl?

Yes my answer is start Peterman and call this year what it is a Transition and evaluation year going into the 2018 draft

sure - he could have the same crappy line and turnovers.

Well with that line who really gives a flying F if there is a pick included

I see the agenda never stops with you. I have said, and Bob continues to say that TT is an average at best starting QB, solid backup. With a solid defense the last two seasons, the Bills would have made the playoffs, using offense that TT can run well. That offense both years resulted in a lot of points.That is what you do till better comes along. You don't root for/set up a player to fail.

I see your bend over backwards excuse making for a 3 year starter hasnt stopped yet.

Yes my answer is start Peterman and call this year what it is a Transition and evaluation year going into the 2018 draft

Well with that line who really gives a flying F if there is a pick included

Now turnovers don't matter. good to know.

How is the WR group better when the only established player in the group is Jordan Matthews?

Sure

Matthews > Woods

Jones = Goodwin

Holmes => Powell

Clay = Clay

O'Leary another year under belt

Shady in passing game > Shady not

But recycle the excuse away

He doesnt know how to throw wideouts open and he wont risk throwing to someone who is even half way covered to try and let his wideout win. There is no excuse for an NFL quarterback to throw under 150 yards in a game, none. He may not be the only issue, but he is the only player on the team that can impact those problems enough to mask them or illuminate them.

They better figure out if they want to try and make the playoffs, fail and win six to seven games or if they want to get a franchise quarterback because while the draft has two or three of them potentially they wont be there at 12 or 15 or whatever pick we end up with trying to win now and win later

I see your bend over backwards excuse making for a 3 year starter hasnt stopped yet.

No deep threat, a solid second starting as a one, a rookie, kick returners-I guess the other 31 teams would gladly take that group over what they have. maybe Matt Ryan would like to do an even up trade-his group for ours. how could I be so stupid thinking we had a bad corp here.

Sure

Matthews > Woods

Jones = Goodwin

Holmes => Powell

Clay = Clay

O'Leary another year under belt

Shady in passing game > Shady not

But recycle the excuse away

Who replaced Watkins? Terrible depth behind McCoy. but that is another story.