Story of our lives...

zow2

Once again we've flip flopped where one unit looks pretty strong and the other is below average at best. When the Schwartz D looked great the O was lousy. Then under Rex the O was pretty good with two straight years as the #1 rushing attack, but the D couldn't stop anyone. Now the D is back to looking very good and the O stinks.

I mean during this drought is always the same darn thing. Can we ever get both units playing solid ball? At least with a tough D they should be in most games..

Once again we've flip flopped where one unit looks pretty strong and the other is below average at best. When the Schwartz D looked great the O was lousy. Then under Rex the O was pretty good with two straight years as the #1 rushing attack, but the D couldn't stop anyone. Now the D is back to looking very good and the O stinks.

I mean during this drought is always the same darn thing. Can we ever get both units playing solid ball? At least with a tough D they should be in most games..

It is very strange. We're never both good or both bad. Always one or the other.

Lol

Constant turnover.

And new coaches coming in here bringing their cronies with them instead of continuity with successful coaches/schemes from previous regimes.

The Pegulas look to have done it again.

Jesus, here we go again with blaming Terry and co. Seriously, who would you have hired, Scott? And, in addition, would you really have wanted Sean to continue Rex's antiquated system, which allowed 200 yard rushers weekly?

This thread is quickly devolving into the old "continuity" discussion.

Rex was an embarrassment and had to go. We seem to have a decent enough coaching staff and GM here now.

NOW is the time for continuity. Give these guys some time to build their vision and prove they can execute it.

I say they get 3 years unless it is glaringly apparent they should go before then, but I don't see that happening with this group.

After 3 years, you evaluate and make sure there is enough there to keep going with an extension....with no end in sight if things stay good.

With some real continuity (5 years and more) all units on the team should be playing at a high level or something is wrong.

This thread is quickly devolving into the old "continuity" discussion.

Rex was an embarrassment and had to go. We seem to have a decent enough coaching staff and GM here now.

NOW is the time for continuity. Give these guys some time to build their vision and prove they can execute it.

I say they get 3 years unless it is glaringly apparent they should go before then, but I don't see that happening with this group.

After 3 years, you evaluate and make sure there is enough there to keep going with an extension....with no end in sight if things stay good.

With some real continuity (5 years and more) all units on the team should be playing at a high level or something is wrong.

Penalties are way down, good sound disciplined defense is on the rise.

We traded away some talent this year and received some quality players that fit in this system who have contributed.

Wait until next year, we will have all those draft choices, tons of cap room to continue to fill out the roster the way they envision it and another year for players to continue building on to what they are building. This team is moving in the right direction.

Constant turnover.

And new coaches coming in here bringing their cronies with them instead of continuity with successful coaches/schemes from previous regimes.

The Pegulas look to have done it again.

Seriously dude? Marrone quit. Bad hire Rex. They rectified the hire and possibly hired a decent staff this time around. What do you mean the Pegulas looked to have done it again? Did you really want them to hire Lynn instead? As that what you are griping at? 17 points against the Dolphins at home with Philip Rivers as a QB to move to 0-2.